Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chubs2496

PS4 or Xbox1?

251 posts in this topic

over 1 million PS4 sold on the first DAY

crazy

over 500,000 returned the next week!

1 person likes this

they're cutting microsoft out of the pc biz because of windows 8

but yeah, you can build your own steam machine, or go buy a dell and put the Steam OS on it and call it a steam machine

what it is, is an entirely open platform console

Oh i see, there is a steam OS. Linux based I assume? Pretty cool. I have an extra box I may try it out on.

Also, probably could cut down on cheating SOB morons on Call of Duty. :(

Oh i see, there is a steam OS. Linux based I assume? Pretty cool. I have an extra box I may try it out on.

Also, probably could cut down on cheating SOB morons on Call of Duty. :(

here's the big issue:   linux doesn't support directx.   yet.

if they can solve that, they'll have everything they need to be successful.

also, you could just dual boot with Steam OS, that's what i plan on doing

you can also use a cheaper pc/steam machine (there will be multiple models made by multiple manufacturers) to stream games from your gaming rig to the living room

they're really just trying to shove Windows out of the picture, and they might just take a chunk out of playstation and xbox when they do it

they also have their own controller that uses trackpads instead of joysticks

steam-controller.jpg

other than the unreal engine, i don't really like the way directx feels and looks

I remember playing Quake for the first time under OpenGL and it blew me away. Ah, nostalgia.

i like the fact that open GL games don't feel like they have an invisible box around everything

I preordered the PS4 but I did so with free shipping so It's not expected until 11/20-11/23.

The PS4 launch lineup is very poor. Knack is very average and Killzone is a dull sequel from what I've read. Really the PS4 has the weakest launch lineup of the three consoles. The Wii U with Super Mario Bros U, Nintendo Land and Zombi U was a better lineup.

Xbox One has the best game lineup at launch. Dead Rising, Ryse, Forza, those are impressive launch titles.

I typically buy all the Sony and Nintendo consoles and handhelds as I prefer the Japanese games like Mario, Final Fantasy, Tales,  etc.

I'll probably pick up Battlefield 4. I don't really like FPS games but I hear it has stunning graphics and will be something to show the system off with. Can't believe there is no Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, etc. Even one of these games would've been nice.

1 person likes this

• Topics