Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week 10 power rankings

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Start off with Yahoo.com's Shutdown Corner, who for my money is one of the best in the biz.

9. Carolina Panthers (5-3, LW: 11)
They have absolutely dominated the bad teams they’ve beaten, which is a great sign, but all of their wins have been against bad teams. This week’s game at San Francisco is really, really intriguing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-nfl-power-rankings-does-john-fox-070711213--nfl.html

I thought it was also funny that he has KC ranked 6th.  I'm sure their fans are having aneurysms as we speak.

6. Kansas City Chiefs (9-0, LW: 6)
I’m willing to move them up, perhaps to the top, if they beat Denver. I’m not moving them up after they were outgained 470-210 by Jeff Tuel and the Buffalo Bills.

Posted · Report post

Prisco has us up two spots to 11

11 CAR.png Four consecutive victories has them feeling good about where they are in terms of playoff push. Now comes a real tough one: At San Francisco. powerrankings_green_up.png2(13)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

Prisco also says KC is "the worst team to ever start 9-0".  I think he's got a point.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

kc is way better than 6th... winning in this league isn't easy and they are finding ways to do it

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

The "You can only play who you play" mantra we're all holding onto to run off people who bitch about our strength of schedule works for KC too. 

They played who they were scheduled to play, backup QBs and all, and are undefeated.  They may be the worst team ever to start 9-0 but they *are* 9-0.  IMO that deserves top of the list...or at the very least higher than 6.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

KC is garbage, 1 and done in the playoffs

Posted · Report post

@jjones9: If you're tired of hearing about bad CAR opponents, here's a stat. Of top 8 NFC teams, 1 (DAL) has a strength of schedule above .500
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

@jjones9: If you're tired of hearing about bad CAR opponents, here's a stat. Of top 8 NFC teams, 1 (DAL) has a strength of schedule above .500

Huh - I didn't realize it was that significant.  I know it was a low number though.

Easy target, I suppose.

Posted · Report post

At least no one has sited bleacherreport.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

At least no one has sited bleacherreport.

trying to keep the rankings to professional outlets and not blog posts

Posted · Report post

take care of business vs SF next week and nobody will give a poo about the records of our opponents before that game.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

take care of business vs SF next week and nobody will give a poo about the records of our opponents before that game.

Pretty much this.  Beat SF in SF to go to 5 straight and who we beat prior, no matter how badly we beat them, doesn't matter.

On the flip-side lose to SF in SF and, no matter how close we come to beating them, we're going to catch a whole lot of "see I told you you were no good!" from a lot of people.

The reality, in either case, will be somewhere in the middle.

3 people like this