Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Would You Do? (Obnoxious/Weird Neighbor Situation)

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, you're gonna have to just be direct.

Don't be mean (not assuming you would) and just be honest... But be very dir ct and tell him that you can talk and will be cordial but you feel that some of the comments and behaviors he's had are awkward and make you and your wife uncomfortable.

Then watch that motherfuger. He sounds crazy as poo.

3 people like this

Posted

It's called "accidental drowning".

No, but seriously, try to divert his attention to another neighbor not giving him the time of day.

Posted

See my How to get rid of acquaintance thread, advice worked for me! Haven't seen guy in a while!

We did...tried your suggestion...but they don't work. You still keep creeping around here.

6 people like this

Posted

Ugh...

I had a neighbor like that once. I wish I had just talked to him about his weirdness. Instead, I let him take me to my breaking point and I went off on him. I didn't hit him or anything, I just verbally assaulted him to the point he literally pissed himself. He eventually divorced and moved away. I never had a problem with him after our "chat".

I don't recommend that approach. I like neighborhoods to have a positive vibe. Mine definitely didn't for a while. Felt more awkward than having him inserting himself everywhere.

I hate to say it but this is about your only answer, or to move.  You must be very blunt and direct and make sure he knows you don't like his little snide remarks in front of your wife.  The whole let him down gently over a beer approach will not work.  People like this can't take a hint which is why you are in the situation to begin with.  I had a really bad neighbor like this once and unfortunately the only thing that solved the problem was moving. 

Or you can just burn his house down.

2 people like this

Posted

Let's do a Huddle Tailgate for an away game out your house.....

That'll be enough to get half the neighborhood to move away.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate to say it but this is about your only answer, or to move.  You must be very blunt and direct and make sure he knows you don't like his little snide remarks in front of your wife.  The whole let him down gently over a beer approach will not work.  People like this can't take a hint which is why you are in the situation to begin with.  I had a really bad neighbor like this once and unfortunately the only thing that solved the problem was moving. 

Or you can just burn his house down.

Yeah, I've tried every approach except for being direct about his behavior.  I've even been complimented on how diplomatic I am in direct situations before, but, there really isn't a good way to tell someone, "chill out.  you're creepy and acting like John Wayne Gacy."

It's just been crazy.  My mom came and visited for a week not long ago and I had told her about it before, but she just kind of shrugged it off.  Then, after she came and stayed that week, she was scared to go outside by herself.  She'd go out and smoke and he'd come out and smoke and watch her.  LOL.  Dude is weird.

I tried to kind of give him what he was looking for before, so I sat out a few times and talked with him in the street for an hour or so a few different times...  The longer I talked with him, the more normal he would seem.  But, then the next day, he'd be right back to the same creepy, crazy, stalker-type stuff.

Posted

Stupid motherfugin' cable guys.

3 people like this

Posted

I don't appreciate your tone.. Steve. Friends aren't supposed to talk to each other that way...

3 people like this

Posted

Just show me him your penis and get it over with

1 person likes this

Posted

Burn his house down.

2 people like this

Posted

All good ideas.

Posted

He could just be a try to hard guy and nothing is wrong.

He could also be smelling your dryer vent exhaust outside.

5 people like this