Photo
- - - - -

Anchor drops knowledge on MSNBC...watch and discuss...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,580 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

#2 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

The reason stock market is at all time high is because feds printing money at record quantities.  We're fuged... This is as simple as that.  In 2017 Stock market will crush again, most of you will see your 401k go bye bye when many institutions will fold and disappear.  We're being defrauded from within and most people know it but no one will do poo about it.

#3 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,501 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

I miss Dylan Ratigan. 

He regularly called out Washington DC and the state legislatures for having been corrupted by Wall Street and other big moneyed interests.

He was off the air within a few months of this rant of truth. 

Before moving to MSNBC he had spent several years on CNBC covering Wall Street.

#4 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,124 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

It just sounded like a guy yelling to me  :(

The only thing that I could really understand is that we should get money out of politics which I agree with.

#5 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

Wall Street gives huge money to politicians to modify the law that benefits big companies in expensive of american citizens. 

#6 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

Wall street is like a garden.  Our personal funds grow until the neck ties decide it is harvest time and come and pick from our 401Ks. This guy is correct.  All the way down to the NC general assembly.  Hell, it's worse in the NC general assembly, I guess because we do not nitice as much.

#7 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,911 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

This sh*t right here. F*ck the banks, f*ck congress.

Banks, Led By Citi, Lobby House (Successfully) To Limit Dodd-Frank On Derivatives

From Maplight, the nonprofit that tracks legislation and the campaign funding behind it:

October 29, 2013—Later this week, the House of Representatives will be voting on a bipartisan bill to repeal financial bailout protections that Congress passed in 2010 as part of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. The bill, H.R. 992 or the “Swaps Regulatory Improvement Act,” would severely limit the reach of Sec. 716 in Dodd-Frank, which requires banks that are eligible for Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or Federal Reserve lending discounts to spin off their derivatives activities into separate corporate entities that would not be eligible for federal assistance.

According to the New York Times, lobbyists from Citigroup C +0.5% played a major role in the bill’s creation: “Citigroup’s recommendations were reflected in more than 70 lines of the House committee’s 85-line bill,” Eric Lipton and Ben Protess write. “Two crucial paragraphs, prepared by Citigroup in conjunction with other Wall Street banks, were copied nearly word for word. (Lawmakers changed two words to make them plural.)”

Data: MapLight analysis of campaign contributions to members of the House of Representatives from interest groups supporting and opposing H.R. 992 from January 1, 2011—December 31, 2012. Data source: OpenSecrets.org

Citigroup has given $503,150 to current members of the House of Representatives.

Representative Jim Himes, D-Conn., has received $66,450 from Citigroup, more than any other member of the House of Representatives. Himes is a co-sponsor of the bill.

Co-sponsors of the bill have received, on average, 16.8 times more money from Citigroup than have members of the House who have not signed on as co-sponsors.

Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, has received $917,500 from interests supporting the bill, more than any other member of the House of Representatives.

Representative Randy Hultgren, R-Ill., the primary sponsor of the bill, has received $136,500 from the Securities and Investment industry, more than from any other industry.

For previous analysis on H.R. 992 see our posts from when the bill passed the House Financial Services Committee and the House Agricultural Committee.

#8 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,085 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

The President cannot stop it as he was fully funded during his runs as well...as will the next president and the next after that.

We get elect from two proxy canidates who are placed there by special interests..it was just this last one where Romney was the most evil of the two.

#9 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

I don't see how we can stop this. No real politician is going to want to run on getting money out of politics. That's the whole reason they get in it in the first place. I seriously don't know how we change it but we need to. I think we can all agree on that

#10 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Corporations own America, not people.

#11 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

More yelling and talking over people is not what's needed in Washington right now. More pragmatism, less emotion.

Honestly the answer is more growth without then going and spending the extra revenues from that growth  If our debt levels were to the point to where it could hinder growth, we'd have a problem. They're not.

#12 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,580 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

More yelling and talking over people is not what's needed in Washington right now. More pragmatism, less emotion.

Honestly the answer is more growth without then going and spending the extra revenues from that growth  If our debt levels were to the point to where it could hinder growth, we'd have a problem. They're not.

I can't tell if you actually believe the things you say anymore.

#13 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

I can't tell if you actually believe the things you say anymore.

http://en.wikipedia....esian_economics

#14 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,911 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Our situation is beyond f*cked. The only solutions at this point involve radical changes.

#15 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,527 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

Dylan tweet...

Dylan Ratigan         @DylanRatigan

I bought a catastrophic health policy for $170/mo when I left MSNBC. Obamacare cancelled the policy. New rate $600/mo. Thnx Mr. President!

Dylan just needs to have this explained by CWG...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com