Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting Defensive - 49ers Edition

78 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Two questions... Is Dwan Edwards back and is Crabtree suiting up for them?

Posted · Report post

Agreed, its always tougher for a QB when you don't HAVE to blitz. That leaves 7 in coverage and that is something I believe kaep may struggle with. Only rushing 4 also allows you to have a spy (like you said) without forfeiting much (if any) in coverage. And yes, a major key is fresh lineman......and no fua.

Posted · Report post

.....and no fua.

God willing.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I am exciting about this game. I think we will match up well with them. As stated, we stop Gore and I like our chances in coming home with a W. I am going out of town this week. I am hoping I can find a place sunday to watch our guys play.

Posted · Report post

Two questions... Is Dwan Edwards back and is Crabtree suiting up for them?

Sounds like Aldon will be back but not Crabtree.

Rotoworld, sourcing CSN Bay Area:

Aldon Smith appears capable of playing every snap as soon as this week.
Smith was away from the team for five weeks as he sought treatment for substance abuse. He apparently kept himself in good shape, as he went through Tuesday's practice without issue. The Niners are expected to use their All-Pro pass rusher in Sunday's game against Carolina, likely off the bench behind Dan Skuta/Corey Lemonier. Smith will be back with the starters by Week 11.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I bet TD plays a spying role similar to what he did so effectively against Vick earlier in his career

Sent from my SGH-T999

Posted · Report post

I bet TD plays a spying role similar to what he did so effectively against Vick earlier in his career

Sent from my SGH-T999

Not sure about that. TD is much better in coverage than Luke. I want TD on Vernon Davis.

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

Whatever we did to Tony G. last game to shut him down in the 2nd half, do the same thing for Vernan Davis.  I think Star is going to have a monster impact on the game.  Bring Mitchell down in the box to help lay some wood on th run D and make them beat us with their passing game to the outside. 

I really like our chances.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Not sure about that. TD is much better in coverage than Luke. I want TD on Vernon Davis.

^^This

We will need for Luke to have a strong game. Mainly in stopping the run and spying

Posted · Report post

The 49ers passing game is currently ranked dead last in the league. 49ers fans will point to injuries in their 2nd and 3rd receiving options, but that is a poor excuse. The 49ers still have Anquan Boldin and Vernon Davis, two formidable receiving threats. Those two by themselves should be able to provide a better ranking than last in the league given an adequate quarterback. WR Mario Manningham returns to practice this week for the 49ers but is unlikely to be activated in time for Sunday's game.

It's a combination of having major injuries at the WR position and not having to pass because we've been up so early on teams.

Posted · Report post

The Seahawks are the best team we have played, and we should've won that game.

The Seahawks and niners are both EXTREMELY overrated, but the Seahawks are the better team.

The niners better pray we fumble on the goal line like we did vs Seattle because we are about to come in there and upper cut them in the fuggin mouth.
4 people like this