Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Getting Defensive - 49ers Edition

78 posts in this topic

Also, they got to play Jacksonville and still are ranked 32nd.

lol

Lol I hope he's still gonna be here after the game

No excuse needed. We are 6-2 with the 32nd ranked pass offense. Do the math lol.

We obviously haven't needed to pass. Kap has proved numerous times that he can pass the ball effectively.

But whatever makes yall feel better!

Except against Seattle. :P

The niners have had a fluff schedule just like the Panthers. Although, the Panthers did play much better against the Seahawks.

If our schedule has been "fluff" then the Panthers schedule has been a cakewalk outside of the Seattle game.

We can argue strength of schedule all day but the truth is none of that matters. The whole "we did better than Team-A versus Team-B so we should beat Team-A" is ridiculous.

It's any given sunday. I honestly think y'all will put up a good fight but the 49ers will dictate the pace of this game and control it through and through.

Dropping 7 into coverage the whole game would be a mistake.  We need 8-9 man fronts to stop Gore and that rushing game.  Make Kaep beat us with his arm.  Use disguises and multiple looks to force him out of his comfort zone and make him make the mistake.  Use ball control offense(#1 in the league) and keep the other team out of sync.  This gives us the best chance to win.

From a Seahawks fan's perspective, let me tell you this...

The key to beating the 49ers is to stuff their running game. Easier said than done, yes. But when Kaep is forced to throw, and particularly under pressure, he is like a deer in headlights. He'll be throwing a couple of balls your way. Just catch them.

Defensively, I know you guys are a great running team, but Cam needs to air it out. Eric Reed is a good safety, but that's about it. The rest of their secondary is average and Smith and Ginn should have solid games. Trying to pound the rock with Williams and Tolbert will be playing right into the strength of the 49er defense.

JMO

1 person likes this

Except against Seattle. :P

We'll see you bastids at the 'Stick lol.

1 person likes this

We'll see you bastids at the 'Stick lol.

Yes. Hopefully it'll be with both teams at or near full strength, so no excuses.

In the meantime, I'll be donning powder blue and black this Sunday. Go Panthers!!! :)

3 people like this

BTW the monolithic huddle football strategy once again on display just like any other week

"Keep offense off the field, stop X running back, make Y QB beat you with his arm, keep defense off the field, control clock"

If our schedule has been "fluff" then the Panthers schedule has been a cakewalk outside of the Seattle game.

We can argue strength of schedule all day but the truth is none of that matters. The whole "we did better than Team-A versus Team-B so we should beat Team-A" is ridiculous.

It's any given sunday. I honestly think y'all will put up a good fight but the 49ers will dictate the pace of this game and control it through and through.

I actually have to agree. The whole "how we did vs common opponents"argument is nonsense.

Sent from my SGH-T999

td needs to shut down vernon.

keek needs to hit the gaps and contain kaep