77 replies to this topic

#31 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

Also, they got to play Jacksonville and still are ranked 32nd.

lol

Lol I hope he's still gonna be here after the game

#32 CTHawk

CTHawk

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

No excuse needed. We are 6-2 with the 32nd ranked pass offense. Do the math lol.

We obviously haven't needed to pass. Kap has proved numerous times that he can pass the ball effectively.

But whatever makes yall feel better!

Except against Seattle. :P

#33 49erVisitor

49erVisitor

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

The niners have had a fluff schedule just like the Panthers. Although, the Panthers did play much better against the Seahawks.

If our schedule has been "fluff" then the Panthers schedule has been a cakewalk outside of the Seattle game.

We can argue strength of schedule all day but the truth is none of that matters. The whole "we did better than Team-A versus Team-B so we should beat Team-A" is ridiculous.

It's any given sunday. I honestly think y'all will put up a good fight but the 49ers will dictate the pace of this game and control it through and through.

#34 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,498 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

Dropping 7 into coverage the whole game would be a mistake.  We need 8-9 man fronts to stop Gore and that rushing game.  Make Kaep beat us with his arm.  Use disguises and multiple looks to force him out of his comfort zone and make him make the mistake.  Use ball control offense(#1 in the league) and keep the other team out of sync.  This gives us the best chance to win.

#35 CTHawk

CTHawk

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

From a Seahawks fan's perspective, let me tell you this...

The key to beating the 49ers is to stuff their running game. Easier said than done, yes. But when Kaep is forced to throw, and particularly under pressure, he is like a deer in headlights. He'll be throwing a couple of balls your way. Just catch them.

Defensively, I know you guys are a great running team, but Cam needs to air it out. Eric Reed is a good safety, but that's about it. The rest of their secondary is average and Smith and Ginn should have solid games. Trying to pound the rock with Williams and Tolbert will be playing right into the strength of the 49er defense.

JMO

#36 49erVisitor

49erVisitor

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

Except against Seattle. :P

We'll see you bastids at the 'Stick lol.

#37 CTHawk

CTHawk

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

We'll see you bastids at the 'Stick lol.

Yes. Hopefully it'll be with both teams at or near full strength, so no excuses.

In the meantime, I'll be donning powder blue and black this Sunday. Go Panthers!!! :)

#38 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,792 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

BTW the monolithic huddle football strategy once again on display just like any other week

"Keep offense off the field, stop X running back, make Y QB beat you with his arm, keep defense off the field, control clock"

#39 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

If our schedule has been "fluff" then the Panthers schedule has been a cakewalk outside of the Seattle game.

We can argue strength of schedule all day but the truth is none of that matters. The whole "we did better than Team-A versus Team-B so we should beat Team-A" is ridiculous.

It's any given sunday. I honestly think y'all will put up a good fight but the 49ers will dictate the pace of this game and control it through and through.

I actually have to agree. The whole "how we did vs common opponents"argument is nonsense.

Sent from my SGH-T999

#40 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,450 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

td needs to shut down vernon.

keek needs to hit the gaps and contain kaep

#41 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

We're gonna do Kaepernick like he's doing this turtle... 

Colin-Kaepernick-pet-tortoise.jpg

He misunderstood the term "Ninja sex."

#42 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

We can argue strength of schedule all day but the truth is none of that matters. The whole "we did better than Team-A versus Team-B so we should beat Team-A" is ridiculous.

You really don't know how good we are because we don't know how good we are.  All we know is that our cakewalk schedule led to 4 consecutive blowouts.  What else are you supposed to do to bad teams?

#43 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,827 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Stop the 49ers running game and protect Cam  = Panthers win.  If either of those things go wrong, Panthers could lose ugly.  

#44 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,187 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

Colin-Kaepernick-pet-tortoise.jpg

"i like turtles.

i mean i REALLY like turtles."

#45 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,050 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

I think blitzing will work but it has to be gap discipline run blitzing not pass blitzing around the edges.  And it doesn't have to be 8 guys typically 6 or no more than 7.  If we play press coverage off the line it cuts down on the hot read completions and easy slants.  We just need them in maximum protect which favors us more than them and shutting down the run game which we can surely do.  I just don't think we need to only rush 4 all the time.  We need to mix things up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com