Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Rivera Changed After Buffalo

64 posts in this topic

Posted

He is what we were screaming for.  Now he is here and has finally become self-aware.

Not sure where this goes but self-awareness is always the first step.

Every great coach, every great team had to have that "moment" where it all became clear.  Some were minor in the media's eyes some were on display.  In all cases it was easily distinguished when the dust settled.

We stand on the brink of greatness.

May God have mercy on the offenses our defense face weeks ahead.  The Panthers will not.

This is our time.

The die has been cast. 

Keep pounding.

2 people like this

Posted

Read the damn article.

I careless about anything from you

Posted

Why Rivera changed? His damn job was on the line. Duh what else.

Plenty of examples of Coaches losing their jobs rather than change philosophies. Martz, Fontes, Saban. I am glad Rivera is not afraid of self-evaluation. Learn and grow from every scenario.

This team plays good hard nosed football. We are 10-5 over our last 15. We play physically, and, aggressively on both sides of the ball. I'm afraid the future has already started my friend. Rivera gots this.

2 people like this

Posted

I careless about anything from you

It's "I couldn't care less."

3 people like this

Posted

Hurney Magic

Posted

When RR decided to grow a pair, he grew some big ones.

1 person likes this

Posted

Im glad it bothers him. That was one of the toughest losses I can remember. Way worse than the Arizona loss in week 5.

Posted

In the next four games there should be plenty of opportunity to see how well he coaches at crunch time.  That's all I want to see--good decisions when the game is on the line and the score is tight.  Then I can start drinking the kool-aid.

Posted

Cam leans forward and we are 6-2. Now we are in a position where we have to beat either San Fran or NE. San Fran more importantly because we may need that tiebreaker down the road

Posted

Rivera has gone from poo to prophet on the huddle

Sent from my SGH-T999L using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

I don't know what will happen down the road or whether Rivera and the Panthers will do enough to make the playoffs.  I did say that Rivera was learning and developing much like Newton was.  You can't throw guys into roles they have never been in before without giving them time to learn and figure things out.  When you hire a guy who has never been a head coach there are growing pains and mistakes. But as long as they are learning and improving you don't automatically can them and move on.

Does anyone still doubt that he is figuring things out and getting better?  And isn't that what you want if he can't come in and shine from day 1?

3 people like this

Posted

Great article.  I think it's more than a job awareness thing.  We all know if we do something that's going to get us fired.  Some will keep doing it regardless, and there are plenty of coaches who fell into that trap.  The best in their profession are able to reflect, revise and improve.  Thus far, since Buffalo, we've seen a big time improvement.  He's learned to feel the pulse of the game, and know where is the time to go for it, and the time to take the kick.

Now my question is, how will the huddle respond when Riverboat Ron takes a risk and it bites him in the butt?  I'm in the camp I'd rather live and die aggressive than passively kick not to loose.

If he can show that he's got to acumen to beat SF and/or NE....then we might have a keeper on our hands!