Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

Why Rivera Changed After Buffalo

63 posts in this topic

Why Rivera changed? His damn job was on the line. Duh what else.

Read the damn article.

7 people like this

Last week he was driving home from the stadium, heading down a hill, passing under the Belk Freeway when Buffalo popped in his mind. A knot formed in his stomach. He ran the end of the game through his mind, ignoring the fact the light before him had turned red. From the corner of his eye he could see a car heading toward him and at the last second he stepped on the brake narrowly avoiding an accident.

"Seriously [the loss] eats at me," he said. "It friggin' pisses me off to no end. And maybe that's what it took. Maybe that's the revelation I needed."

same thing happened to me this morning on the way to work..... I had to poop.

He is what we were screaming for.  Now he is here and has finally become self-aware.

Not sure where this goes but self-awareness is always the first step.

Every great coach, every great team had to have that "moment" where it all became clear.  Some were minor in the media's eyes some were on display.  In all cases it was easily distinguished when the dust settled.

We stand on the brink of greatness.

May God have mercy on the offenses our defense face weeks ahead.  The Panthers will not.

This is our time.

The die has been cast. 

Keep pounding.

2 people like this

Read the damn article.

I careless about anything from you

Why Rivera changed? His damn job was on the line. Duh what else.

Plenty of examples of Coaches losing their jobs rather than change philosophies. Martz, Fontes, Saban. I am glad Rivera is not afraid of self-evaluation. Learn and grow from every scenario.

This team plays good hard nosed football. We are 10-5 over our last 15. We play physically, and, aggressively on both sides of the ball. I'm afraid the future has already started my friend. Rivera gots this.

2 people like this

I careless about anything from you

It's "I couldn't care less."

3 people like this

When RR decided to grow a pair, he grew some big ones.

1 person likes this

Im glad it bothers him. That was one of the toughest losses I can remember. Way worse than the Arizona loss in week 5.

In the next four games there should be plenty of opportunity to see how well he coaches at crunch time.  That's all I want to see--good decisions when the game is on the line and the score is tight.  Then I can start drinking the kool-aid.