Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

College Basketball starts Today!

32 posts in this topic

Posted

This class is living to expectations so far: Randle, Parker, Wiggins, Gordon all having very good games so far.

Posted

Parker and Randle >>>>>Wiggins (right now).

I'd draft both over Wiggins at the moment. 

1 person likes this

Posted

PARKER is having one hell of a game right now

Posted

Great night of basketball, took the L but definitely fun watching the young guys.

Posted

I was shocked to see that the dookies were out rebounded last night. 

Going to be extremely tough for "one of the most athletic dook teams of all time" when the 3 pointers don't drop and they get pushed around inside. 

Posted

I was shocked to see that the dookies were out rebounded last night.

Going to be extremely tough for "one of the most athletic dook teams of all time" when the 3 pointers don't drop and they get pushed around inside.

Why were you shocked that they were out rebounded? Davidson out rebounded us, that is going to happen but shooting 50% from the free throw line killed us. We missed the front end 3 times in the first half which killed momentum. Kansas played a good game and deserved to win.

Posted

Yeah Duke lost for one reason last night. FTs.

Cook/Hood need to step up as well, but free throws killed Duke.

Posted

Yeah as good as Parker looked I thought it hurt us because Hood kind of lost his aggressiveness and kind of watched Parker and he admitted that much.  I think this new hand check rule has really affected Cook because he can't be aggressive on defense which was his MO.  That being said KU played a really good game and made some tough shots even when we played good defense so they deserve the credit.

Posted

Kansas has scary good potential with Wiggins/Embeiid/Ellis/Selden.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see last night's matchup again come March or April. 

Posted

Kansas has more depth, especially along the front line. Their bench kept them in the game when they got into foul trouble and ended up out scoring Duke's bench 26-15, that's the 11 point difference in the final score.

Posted

Kansas has more depth, especially along the front line. Their bench kept them in the game when they got into foul trouble and ended up out scoring Duke's bench 26-15, that's the 11 point difference in the final score.

Meh, an 11 point difference doesn't tell the story IMO. It was a 5 point win that got bumped to 11 because of late fouls, the last couple being unnecessary. 

Duke from the Line, 16-28, including missing the front end of multiple 1 and 1's

Kansas, 27-35. Late FT's helped bump that, but there's your 11 point difference as well. 

Kansas essentially had 1 decent scorer from the bench in Mason (15 pts), Duke had Sheed at 13 pts, with only 3 shots being taken by the rest of the bench. No one else topped 5 points for either squad, so it's not like KU's bench set the world on fire. Mason/Embiid coming off the bench though certainly outplayed Duke's, but outside of Sulaimon, K kept his rotation to mainly the starters so it's hard for me to say Duke's bench was outplayed Iwhen K didn't use them nearly as much as Self had to use his. 

Posted

Just my two cents...

I think Duke's downfall will be getting everyone involved.

Down the stretch, Duke's downfall was ball movement. I recall at least three times where Duke settled for one-on-one's (a Parker three and two Sulaimon drives). There was one instance where Rasheed was wide open in the corner, but Parker got tunnel vision and took an ill-advised shot instead of passing. I think Duke has crazy potential, but unless they figure out how to get Sulaimon, Parker, and Hood all involved; they will struggle against teams that can match their talent.