Photo
- - - - -

Lorenzo Brown fails to qualify

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#16 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

Do I remember wrong, but didn't an athlete take a couple of online classes last year to get qualified for UNC?

If so, why couldn't Lorenzo do that?

The issue isn't the classes per se but rather the fact that his HS didn't let him walk at graduation. The thing that ticks me off is that I have heard Lorenzo has done what would be needed of any other student in order to graduate during the summer. Kids take summer school all the time to take a class over that they might have failed. Yet...the NCAA still says no. So its not even a matter of "Lorenzo needs this class to qualify etc..." It is more the fact that his HS just flat out did not let him walk at graduation and that aspect of him being denied a diploma is what has made the NCAA come to their decision.

IDK...it is all to complicated at this point for me and normally when the situation isn't cut and dry it starts to get fishy IMO. The kid is an adequate student probably better than a lot of his Rivals/Scout top 100 classmates yet he is going to prep school and they are going to their respective colleges.

#17 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:49 PM

I mean, I'm a huge wolfpack fan, but if you don't graduate then how can you go to college? The NCAA regulations require a diploma, they pay no mind to the difficulty level, standards, and misc. attributes of the school. That being said, with all the fraud, i'm sure something will be worked out ;o) Anyways, i'm not getting made yet because he hasn't stepped on the floor to play. Now, if they pulled him mid season like they tried to do Grant THEN ide be pissed.

#18 SKULL

SKULL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:58 AM

So one year in prep school

Several players have done that down thru the years

State just has to wait one more season .

Unless your worried one more season might convince Brown to move to a top 20 Team .

#19 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:54 PM

So one year in prep school

Several players have done that down thru the years

State just has to wait one more season .

Unless your worried one more season might convince Brown to move to a top 20 Team .

If I were a State fan, I'd be very concerned about that. It happens all the time. Charlotte picked up Chris Braswell this season after he didn't qualify for Georgetown. He was a top 20 player according to some scouts at the time of his commit to Georgetown. Once you don't qualify, it reopens the floodgates and every team in the country with a need at that position comes calling.

#20 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

If I were a State fan, I'd be very concerned about that. It happens all the time. Charlotte picked up Chris Braswell this season after he didn't qualify for Georgetown. He was a top 20 player according to some scouts at the time of his commit to Georgetown. Once you don't qualify, it reopens the floodgates and every team in the country with a need at that position comes calling.

Ryan Harrow is an ace in the hole of sorts for the pack. He is Lorenzo Browns god brother and one of his best friends. They want to play together in the same backcourt and they both love Sid Lowe and Larry Harris.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com