Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dex

If Blackburn is out Klein will start per Rivera.

65 posts in this topic

I've never compared Klein to anyone, ever. Pay attention. We drafted him so it's his time to step up and play. Foolish is discrediting a player just because he was drafted in the 5th round. Foolish is saying he wasn't meant to ever be a starter.

I'm not saying he's not a starter. Several people have compared him to Kuechly. I have seen no indication they are comparable except that they are both white and of similar build.

Chase is listed as out. Try fua out at line backer? He should feel at home 7 yards off the line of scrimmage. Much more comfortable then being behind the line of scrimmage playing oline since he has no experience there.

He was a fifth round draft pick. He is no Kuchly 2.0. Sorry guys. Hopefully he's serviceable but he's not meant to be the answer.

Good God.... there are probably as many 5th round or lower picks in the HOF as there are 1st rounders.

And Blackburn was undrafted so I'm not sure what your point is.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

beason would be nice to have against gore.

Beason at OLB was not nice to have against anyone.

1 person likes this

Chase is listed as out. Try fua out at line backer? He should feel at home 7 yards off the line of scrimmage. Much more comfortable then being behind the line of scrimmage playing oline since he has no experience there.

Chase is out?  Huh? 

Good God.... there are probably as many 5th round or lower picks in the HOF as there are 1st rounders.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Blackburn, 9 year veteran. Klein, rookie. Star, rookie, Melvin white, rookie, Robert Lester, rookie. I worry about the amount of experience we have on the field. Do I doubt they can handle it? No I do not but a single mental mistake or over pursuit can kill you in a game like this.

I don't doubt Klein will be good but you also can't over qualify 5th round picks by saying that there are as many 5th rounders in the hall as 1st. Plus, Kuechly and Kiko Alonso are a dime a dozen players. I expect Kline to be respectable but I don't want to see a Buffalo-esque mix up.

Sure would be nice to have Beason out there today. Oh well, at least we got that sweet 7th rounder.