Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNC

88 posts in this topic

Posted

He also picked Kentucky to win the title so what he thinks is pretty questionable.

So he picks the #1 team to win the title and that seems questionable?  I am not following your reasoning.  Plus Prisbell has been on this story the whole time and he has always given good info so out of all the media reporting on PJ and the "wheels for heels" program I will take what he says the most serious.  

Posted

Picking the preseason #1 team with monsters like Julius Randle and possibly the best recruiting class ever is a bad national title pick? Huh? 

I mean Cal has proven his formula doesn't always work (last year), but last year's team and this one aren't exactly comparable talent wise, especially once Noel went down. Not to mention he didn't have a PG last year, which he's proven he needs to win big.  

On the UNC topic...still way too many of the "respected" UNC message board guys reporting exactly what bigcatdaddy has said in this thread for me to believe otherwise until something comes out. That much doom and gloom from UNC posters with supposed connections (which have proved right over time with such things as the Harrison Barnes decision), has me leaning towards them being right here again. 

Posted

Right as I post that, seems it's leaking onto Twitter that PJ will indeed be done (sourced by media members). So, there's that. 

Posted

MarkSeidelWFNZ
Looking more and more like PJ Hairston won't return to the UNC team this year. Has not been honest with Roy about how often he used rentals.
11/12/13, 1:54 PM EricPrisbell
@joeovies @MarkSeidelWFNZ Bingo.
11/12/13, 3:34 PM joeovies
Uh oh. RT @EricPrisbell: Bingo.
11/12/13, 3:35 PM

Posted

MarkSeidelWFNZ

Looking more and more like PJ Hairston won't return to the UNC team this year. Has not been honest with Roy about how often he used rentals.

11/12/13, 1:54 PM EricPrisbell

@joeovies @MarkSeidelWFNZ Bingo.

11/12/13, 3:34 PM joeovies

Uh oh. RT @EricPrisbell: Bingo.

11/12/13, 3:35 PM

Seidel is also the same dude who said Wiggins was a lock to go to UNC. His "sources" told him that. He also "broke" the news about Elijah Hood coming to UNC. LOL. It came down to UNC and ND for Hood and when he decommitted from South Bend, where else do you think he's going?

I don't see how a guy making under $30k a year (and prob writes for THI for free) has any legitimate inside intel. Seidel probably knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, etc. 

If Hairston lied, and as of right now there's no concrete evidence that he did, he's done and and I certainly won't be defending him. If everything that has been said about him turns out to be true, UNC should consider themselves lucky it only cost them PJ's last season. 

Either way, I'll be glad with this crap is over with and I'll get back to enjoying the games with my Dad. 

Posted

Seidel is also the same dude who said Wiggins was a lock to go to UNC. His "sources" told him that. He also "broke" the news about Elijah Hood coming to UNC. LOL. It came down to UNC and ND for Hood and when he decommitted from South Bend, where else do you think he's going?

I don't see how a guy making under $30k a year (and prob writes for THI for free) has any legitimate inside intel. Seidel probably knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, etc.

If Hairston lied, and as of right now there's no concrete evidence that he did, he's done and and I certainly won't be defending him. If everything that has been said about him turns out to be true, UNC should consider themselves lucky it only cost them PJ's last season.

Either way, I'll be glad with this crap is over with and I'll get back to enjoying the games with my Dad.

Well to be fair recruiting is a crap shoot and there are usually very few people who really know where top recruits are going. Recruiting "guru's" only make educated guesses very few of them know for sure. I think Seidel, like most unc fans, wanted to believe Wiggins was coming but he didn't have any actual facts. With that being said I don't know how much Seidel knows I was more interested in Prisbell chiming in and saying bingo. Prisbell has been in the triangle for months working on this story, he has even had to speak with the NCAA about "wheels for heels" so I think he is in the know of what is going on.

Posted

. Prisbell has been in the triangle for months working on this story, he has even had to speak with the NCAA about "wheels for heels" so I think he is in the know of what is going on.

Just so the other UNC fans know that are reading this, this is a created word from PP that bcd has brought over here. It's speculative and fabricated. 

But getting back on the PJ deal, I'm tired of hearing about it. I'm to the point where I wish they would just dismiss him and get on with everything. If it means a bad season then so be it. 

As much as I'd love to see PJ STROKE his silky smooth J; I'm still going to enjoy watching the games with my Dad. 

Posted

Just so the other UNC fans know that are reading this, this is a created word from PP that bcd has brought over here. It's speculative and fabricated. 

But getting back on the PJ deal, I'm tired of hearing about it. I'm to the point where I wish they would just dismiss him and get on with everything. If it means a bad season then so be it. 

As much as I'd love to see PJ STROKE his silky smooth J; I'm still going to enjoy watching the games with my Dad. 

Actually it came from twitter, I don't spend too much time on PP since they hate Duke almost as much as unc.  

Posted

Of course he lied! Obviously he had a relationship with Fatz Thomas. Everybody lies plain and simple. College sports are based on lies!

Does anyone here believe that Calipari, Self, Izzo, Coach K, Roy, Pitino land the big recruits year after year because they play by the book? No, they all bend the rules anyway they need to. They lie and cheat to land recruits and have successful seasons. But at the end of the day the NCAA turns a shoulder to it. PJ might be in too deep at this point. So yes, it is possible his season is over. The NCAA could possibly be trying to make an example out of him. They will be sending a message that will go unheard. But I'm thinking they will do what they do best and end up slapping him on the wrist which gives them another high profile early NCAA tourney game $$$.

Posted

Of course he lied! Obviously he had a relationship with Fatz Thomas. Everybody lies plain and simple. College sports are based on lies!

Does anyone here believe that Calipari, Self, Izzo, Coach K, Roy, Pitino land the big recruits year after year because they play by the book? No, they all bend the rules anyway they need to. They lie and cheat to land recruits and have successful seasons. But at the end of the day the NCAA turns a shoulder to it. PJ might be in too deep at this point. So yes, it is possible his season is over. The NCAA could possibly be trying to make an example out of him. They will be sending a message that will go unheard. But I'm thinking they will do what they do best and end up slapping him on the wrist which gives them another high profile early NCAA tourney game $$$.

Everybody lies?  That's your excuse?  How do these coaches bend the rules?  Bottom line is the NCAA is usually lenient if you tell the truth but if they catch you in a lie they throw the book at you, see Bruce Pearl, Dez Bryant, and Myck Kabongo.

Posted

They have absolutely no concrete evidence on PJ. All they have is a hearsay account from the mother of another basketball kid who has been in trouble throughout his life. They have less evidence in this case than they did against Manziel. She has already discredited herself by her twitter outbursts and obvious biases.

PJ obviously was driving a car rented by someone else, but that's where the facts end and all the speculation begins. Any evidence they have is going to be circumstantial.

There is no excuse. It's fact every school has scandal. Duke, State, Manziel, Newton, Miami. It will never end.

Posted

They have absolutely no concrete evidence on PJ. All they have is a hearsay account from the mother of another basketball kid who has been in trouble throughout his life. They have less evidence in this case than they did against Manziel. She has already discredited herself by her twitter outbursts and obvious biases.

PJ obviously was driving a car rented by someone else, but that's where the facts end and all the speculation begins. Any evidence they have is going to be circumstantial.

There is no excuse. It's fact every school has scandal. Duke, State, Manziel, Newton, Miami. It will never end.

There is a ton of evidence out there of PJ driving around rented luxury cars, there is a paper trail.  What PJ did is a violation and there is proof of him committing those violations.  

Once again the NCAA isn't a court of law they don't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt you broke their rules, and that's why the penalty is so harsh if it is found out you were lying to them.  Prisbell explained that at first it was going to be probably at 7-10 game penalty until they discovered that he lied and now it looks like 20 games to the full season.  Right or wrong it's the NCAA's way they play the game.