• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#16 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

Complete homer-ness aside for UNC people...does Franklin St. not suck to get drunk on? He's Not, TopO, Fitzgeralds? Meh. I love a nice Blue Cup, but Franklin is overrated as hell for drinking purposes. 

Agree with this big time. It isn't what it used to be. A lot of long time restaurants and bars have closed down and chains opened in their place.

#17 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationYadkinville

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

NCAA needs to get their act together this is ridiculous. They had Johnny Football back on the field in 48 hours. They made a decision on the Oregon basketball players within the week. Just announce the decision and move on.

#18 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Yeah I don't know what's taking so long.  If PJ lied, suspend him for the year like others before him...if not get on with it and announce something.  I'm pretty sure Roy isn't too happy about the NCAA dragging their feet.

#19 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,336 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Getting fugged up on Franklin St is not as fun as it sounds. I remember one time in college, after UNC waxed FSU 41-9, we went to franklin st drunk after the game and got pepper sprayed by the police due to FSU fans and other UNC students talking junk to one another.

Getting pepper sprayed in the face??? I don't know know about you, but that is my definition of getting fuged up! Lol

#20 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,793 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

Complete homer-ness aside for UNC people...does Franklin St. not suck to get drunk on? He's Not, TopO, Fitzgeralds? Meh. I love a nice Blue Cup, but Franklin is overrated as hell for drinking purposes. 

I honestly don't even do bars. I think it depends on who you are and the night. Most viable nights are dominated by frat/house parties, but if there's nothing else going on, bars can be popping.

With that said, I'd have to agree with you, unless we're talking about after winning a big game.

#21 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

Yeah I don't know what's taking so long.  If PJ lied, suspend him for the year like others before him...if not get on with it and announce something.  I'm pretty sure Roy isn't too happy about the NCAA dragging their feet.

I am not so sure that the NCAA are the ones dragging their feet, some reports are that the sentence has been handed down and PJ is gone for the year and Lmac has a 10 game suspension but unc is appealing the ruling.

#22 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationYadkinville

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

bigcatdaddy, on 12 Nov 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

I am not so sure that the NCAA are the ones dragging their feet, some reports are that the sentence has been handed down and PJ is gone for the year and Lmac has a 10 game suspension but unc is appealing the ruling.

if this were the case, it would've reached the media by now

#23 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

if this were the case, it would've reached the media by now

Not necessarily, it is possible.  Eric Prisbell thinks the NCAA found out PJ lied which means lights out for Mr. Hairston (see Dez Bryant).

#24 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationYadkinville

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

bigcatdaddy, on 12 Nov 2013 - 1:26 PM, said:

Not necessarily, it is possible.  Eric Prisbell thinks the NCAA found out PJ lied which means lights out for Mr. Hairston (see Dez Bryant).

He also picked Kentucky to win the title so what he thinks is pretty questionable.

#25 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

He also picked Kentucky to win the title so what he thinks is pretty questionable.

So he picks the #1 team to win the title and that seems questionable?  I am not following your reasoning.  Plus Prisbell has been on this story the whole time and he has always given good info so out of all the media reporting on PJ and the "wheels for heels" program I will take what he says the most serious.  

#26 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,986 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

Picking the preseason #1 team with monsters like Julius Randle and possibly the best recruiting class ever is a bad national title pick? Huh? 

I mean Cal has proven his formula doesn't always work (last year), but last year's team and this one aren't exactly comparable talent wise, especially once Noel went down. Not to mention he didn't have a PG last year, which he's proven he needs to win big.  

On the UNC topic...still way too many of the "respected" UNC message board guys reporting exactly what bigcatdaddy has said in this thread for me to believe otherwise until something comes out. That much doom and gloom from UNC posters with supposed connections (which have proved right over time with such things as the Harrison Barnes decision), has me leaning towards them being right here again. 

#27 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,986 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Right as I post that, seems it's leaking onto Twitter that PJ will indeed be done (sourced by media members). So, there's that. 

#28 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

MarkSeidelWFNZ
Looking more and more like PJ Hairston won't return to the UNC team this year. Has not been honest with Roy about how often he used rentals.
11/12/13, 1:54 PM EricPrisbell
@joeovies @MarkSeidelWFNZ Bingo.
11/12/13, 3:34 PM joeovies
Uh oh. RT @EricPrisbell: Bingo.
11/12/13, 3:35 PM

#29 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

MarkSeidelWFNZ
Looking more and more like PJ Hairston won't return to the UNC team this year. Has not been honest with Roy about how often he used rentals.
11/12/13, 1:54 PM EricPrisbell
@joeovies @MarkSeidelWFNZ Bingo.
11/12/13, 3:34 PM joeovies
Uh oh. RT @EricPrisbell: Bingo.
11/12/13, 3:35 PM

Seidel is also the same dude who said Wiggins was a lock to go to UNC. His "sources" told him that. He also "broke" the news about Elijah Hood coming to UNC. LOL. It came down to UNC and ND for Hood and when he decommitted from South Bend, where else do you think he's going?

I don't see how a guy making under $30k a year (and prob writes for THI for free) has any legitimate inside intel. Seidel probably knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, etc. 

If Hairston lied, and as of right now there's no concrete evidence that he did, he's done and and I certainly won't be defending him. If everything that has been said about him turns out to be true, UNC should consider themselves lucky it only cost them PJ's last season. 

Either way, I'll be glad with this crap is over with and I'll get back to enjoying the games with my Dad. 

#30 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Seidel is also the same dude who said Wiggins was a lock to go to UNC. His "sources" told him that. He also "broke" the news about Elijah Hood coming to UNC. LOL. It came down to UNC and ND for Hood and when he decommitted from South Bend, where else do you think he's going?

I don't see how a guy making under $30k a year (and prob writes for THI for free) has any legitimate inside intel. Seidel probably knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, etc.

If Hairston lied, and as of right now there's no concrete evidence that he did, he's done and and I certainly won't be defending him. If everything that has been said about him turns out to be true, UNC should consider themselves lucky it only cost them PJ's last season.

Either way, I'll be glad with this crap is over with and I'll get back to enjoying the games with my Dad.

Well to be fair recruiting is a crap shoot and there are usually very few people who really know where top recruits are going. Recruiting "guru's" only make educated guesses very few of them know for sure. I think Seidel, like most unc fans, wanted to believe Wiggins was coming but he didn't have any actual facts. With that being said I don't know how much Seidel knows I was more interested in Prisbell chiming in and saying bingo. Prisbell has been in the triangle for months working on this story, he has even had to speak with the NCAA about "wheels for heels" so I think he is in the know of what is going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com