#31 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:24 AM

. Prisbell has been in the triangle for months working on this story, he has even had to speak with the NCAA about "wheels for heels" so I think he is in the know of what is going on.

Just so the other UNC fans know that are reading this, this is a created word from PP that bcd has brought over here. It's speculative and fabricated. 

But getting back on the PJ deal, I'm tired of hearing about it. I'm to the point where I wish they would just dismiss him and get on with everything. If it means a bad season then so be it. 

As much as I'd love to see PJ STROKE his silky smooth J; I'm still going to enjoy watching the games with my Dad. 

#32 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

Just so the other UNC fans know that are reading this, this is a created word from PP that bcd has brought over here. It's speculative and fabricated. 

But getting back on the PJ deal, I'm tired of hearing about it. I'm to the point where I wish they would just dismiss him and get on with everything. If it means a bad season then so be it. 

As much as I'd love to see PJ STROKE his silky smooth J; I'm still going to enjoy watching the games with my Dad. 

Actually it came from twitter, I don't spend too much time on PP since they hate Duke almost as much as unc.  

#33 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationYadkinville

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

Of course he lied! Obviously he had a relationship with Fatz Thomas. Everybody lies plain and simple. College sports are based on lies!

Does anyone here believe that Calipari, Self, Izzo, Coach K, Roy, Pitino land the big recruits year after year because they play by the book? No, they all bend the rules anyway they need to. They lie and cheat to land recruits and have successful seasons. But at the end of the day the NCAA turns a shoulder to it. PJ might be in too deep at this point. So yes, it is possible his season is over. The NCAA could possibly be trying to make an example out of him. They will be sending a message that will go unheard. But I'm thinking they will do what they do best and end up slapping him on the wrist which gives them another high profile early NCAA tourney game $$$.

#34 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

Of course he lied! Obviously he had a relationship with Fatz Thomas. Everybody lies plain and simple. College sports are based on lies!

Does anyone here believe that Calipari, Self, Izzo, Coach K, Roy, Pitino land the big recruits year after year because they play by the book? No, they all bend the rules anyway they need to. They lie and cheat to land recruits and have successful seasons. But at the end of the day the NCAA turns a shoulder to it. PJ might be in too deep at this point. So yes, it is possible his season is over. The NCAA could possibly be trying to make an example out of him. They will be sending a message that will go unheard. But I'm thinking they will do what they do best and end up slapping him on the wrist which gives them another high profile early NCAA tourney game $$$.

Everybody lies?  That's your excuse?  How do these coaches bend the rules?  Bottom line is the NCAA is usually lenient if you tell the truth but if they catch you in a lie they throw the book at you, see Bruce Pearl, Dez Bryant, and Myck Kabongo.

#35 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationYadkinville

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

They have absolutely no concrete evidence on PJ. All they have is a hearsay account from the mother of another basketball kid who has been in trouble throughout his life. They have less evidence in this case than they did against Manziel. She has already discredited herself by her twitter outbursts and obvious biases.

PJ obviously was driving a car rented by someone else, but that's where the facts end and all the speculation begins. Any evidence they have is going to be circumstantial.

There is no excuse. It's fact every school has scandal. Duke, State, Manziel, Newton, Miami. It will never end.

#36 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

They have absolutely no concrete evidence on PJ. All they have is a hearsay account from the mother of another basketball kid who has been in trouble throughout his life. They have less evidence in this case than they did against Manziel. She has already discredited herself by her twitter outbursts and obvious biases.

PJ obviously was driving a car rented by someone else, but that's where the facts end and all the speculation begins. Any evidence they have is going to be circumstantial.

There is no excuse. It's fact every school has scandal. Duke, State, Manziel, Newton, Miami. It will never end.

There is a ton of evidence out there of PJ driving around rented luxury cars, there is a paper trail.  What PJ did is a violation and there is proof of him committing those violations.  

Once again the NCAA isn't a court of law they don't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt you broke their rules, and that's why the penalty is so harsh if it is found out you were lying to them.  Prisbell explained that at first it was going to be probably at 7-10 game penalty until they discovered that he lied and now it looks like 20 games to the full season.  Right or wrong it's the NCAA's way they play the game.

#37 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationYadkinville

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

bigcatdaddy, on 13 Nov 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

There is a ton of evidence out there of PJ driving around rented luxury cars, there is a paper trail.  What PJ did is a violation and there is proof of him committing those violations.  

Once again the NCAA isn't a court of law they don't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt you broke their rules, and that's why the penalty is so harsh if it is found out you were lying to them.  Prisbell explained that at first it was going to be probably at 7-10 game penalty until they discovered that he lied and now it looks like 20 games to the full season.  Right or wrong it's the NCAA's way they play the game.

I'm still sticking to my belief that if there was anything remotely close to concrete evidence or a paper trail then the media would be all over it.

No one knows anything for sure at this point. The couple of small time journalist who are reporting PJ MIGHT have lied via twitter is not reason to lean one way or another.

Seidel is basing his assumptions off of Trudy Ransoms account to the NCAA which is nothing but hearsay.

#38 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationYadkinville

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

I'm not going to lie, obviously I'm biased.   But I am trying to prepare myself for the worst. I just don't see anything in this case that can actually warrant suspending a kid for an entire season of competition.

#39 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

I'm still sticking to my belief that if there was anything remotely close to concrete evidence or a paper trail then the media would be all over it.

No one knows anything for sure at this point. The couple of small time journalist who are reporting PJ MIGHT have lied via twitter is not reason to lean one way or another.

Seidel is basing his assumptions off of Trudy Ransoms account to the NCAA which is nothing but hearsay.

Okay he got a speeding ticket in the Camero rented by Fats, he was arrested at a traffic stop with weed and in a Yukon rented by Fats, there are vines of PJ driving the Camero, and four different cars rented by Fats got 9 parking tickets on unc's campus.  That is not concrete evidence that impermissible benefits were accepted?  Connect the dots you better hope PJ and Lmac are the only 2 players they can link these rented cars to.

Prisbell is not a small time journalist and I can guarantee you he knows more than you or I do.

As far as Seidel I don't know what he is basing his info on but Prisbell is in the know I can assure you that.

#40 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

I'm not going to lie, obviously I'm biased.   But I am trying to prepare myself for the worst. I just don't see anything in this case that can actually warrant suspending a kid for an entire season of competition.

Depending on the $ amount of the impermissible benefits it could definitely warrant a year suspension and if he lied to them he is gone as well.  We have seen it time and time again, lying to the NCAA is the worst thing you can do they will drop the hammer on you.

#41 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

Depending on the $ amount of the impermissible benefits it could definitely warrant a year suspension and if he lied to them he is gone as well. We have seen it time and time again, lying to the NCAA is the worst thing you can do they will drop the hammer on you.

Have you been around the AAU circuit? If you think everyone's hands are clean, you're freaking nuts.

#42 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

Can someone tell me where visiting fans sit when they travel to UNC?

#43 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Have you been around the AAU circuit? If you think everyone's hands are clean, you're freaking nuts.

I know a great deal about the AAU circuit and there are some dirty people but if you think they are all dirty you are misinformed. Coaches have to be careful when they recruit these kids especially the ones with "handlers" because that can cause a real problem for the program.

#44 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

I know a great deal about the AAU circuit and there are some dirty people but if you think they are all dirty you are misinformed. Coaches have to be careful when they recruit these kids especially the ones with "handlers" because that can cause a real problem for the program.

I don't get my inside info from Twitter so I'm sure you're more knowledgable than I am. The fact is, a 5 star recruit chooses a school that will best suit his path to the next level not for an education. You might want to worry about the guys in uniforms, not suits.

#45 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

So Tokoto looked really improved. Looked like he took 10,000 jumpers a day this offseason. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com