Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Season of Dreams or Season of Illusions?

62 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have a good feeling about this game. I think we just might shock the NFL and soundly beat the 49ers.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think we are better than our 5-3 record indicates
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I have had a good feeling since the Viking game, nothing has changed this week.

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

We could easily have been 7-1 at this point (the Arizona game was just a debacle all the way around.  I think we have a lot of areas for improvement but so do a lot of teams.  I think we make the playoffs this year btw.  If we beat San Fran that chance goes up quite a bit.  A lot riding on this game.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Were most physical than 49'ers on all phases - Kap will be harassed like nothing he has seen before. 

This is our superbowl game right here. Its going to be beautiful. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I think we are the best team in the NFC as of right now.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

My gut tells me that it will be a close game either way.  The team that makes a critical play in the game, whether it is in the first 8 minutes of the game, will win.  I'm predicting something like 17-24.  Hopefully, it's my Panthers.

Posted · Report post

Panthers are better than their record. How good, is yet to be seen.
We have the best defense in the league, and cam and this offense is capable of a lot of things.

We'll see how good this team is.

If you ask me, we can beat any team in the league.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

There are some things that concern me.

-If you go back and look at all of our scoring drives. An alarming number of them would have stalled out had it not been for penalties. I wonder if a more disciplined team won't give us those free first downs.

-We have seen teams run on us. Not consistently but at times they blocked the right people and gashed us for nice runs.

-Can our secondary hold up against the Tom Brady and Drew Brees type guys? Our pass rush hasn't looked that good to be honest. They prey on the week and dejected but we haven't seen many sacks at key moments. Our blitzes have looked good I'll give us that.

-Our right side of the line is still very poor. What happens when we play gifted pass rushers?

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Gut feeling? The Defense is a full blown, legitimate contender for the best in the NFL. Week to week has seemed to show their dominance, but I also think they are still learning and developing. I doubt they have played their best game yet. Keep Pounding.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

There are some things that concern me.

-If you go back and look at all of our scoring drives. An alarming number of them would have stalled out had it not been for penalties. I wonder if a more disciplined team won't give us those free first downs. we also had a win taken out of our hands because of a BS call this year (Luke's OPI
in buffalo) so it goes hand in hand, plus while we've been no doubt getting some decent breaks to extend drives but we've but it doesn't take away from cam and this offense's great play..., from what I recall we still would've won those games without the penalties as well.

-We have seen teams run on us. Not consistently but at times they blocked the right people and gashed us for nice runs. So? We're not gonna get stuffs and stops on every single play. Just look at Seattle's D, they also got gashed by the great Mike James. We don't have to be the 2000 Ravens D to be a good D

-Can our secondary hold up against the Tom Brady and Drew Brees type guys? Our pass rush hasn't looked that good to be honest. They prey on the week and dejected but we haven't seen many sacks at key moments. Our blitzes have looked good I'll give us that. agreed

-Our right side of the line is still very poor. What happens when we play gifted pass rushers? agreed as well

Posted · Report post

Are the Panthers really as good as their 5-3 record would indicate?

Or will this weekend's contest against the first quality team we've faced in a month or so bring us back down to earth, back to reality?

What's your gut feeling going into Sunday's game?

NINER win, no doubt. Not a blowout. Not a last-minute win. We have gone deep into the playoffs the last two years, while your team has struggled to be consistent. Of course, last year has nothing to do with this year and games are played for a reason, so come Sunday we will see whose D is most dominant and whose O moves the chains and scores. With the upcoming loss I'd say you are still a good team.