Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bayless and Stephen A. - Can the Panthers overtake the Saints in the NFCS?

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9925934

Solid video.  They both say no, but both give respect.  Bayless is confident we lose the next two, Stephen A. almost seems to be ready to take us over NE but not SF.  They give us a decent shot at a wild card, but not beating NO for the division title.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

solid video indeed. 

Stephen A. said we probably won't catch the Saints, but the wild cards will most likely come out of the South and West, one of them being Carolina

Posted · Report post

One game at a time. If we're going to continue our success we need to focus only on the opponent we're playing next. We have to keep playing consistent time consuming chain moving offense, hard nosed rock solid defense and Rivera has to keep being "Riverboat Ron" on gameday. 

Posted · Report post

The media is moving slowly. Giving respect but not saying we are there yet. That will all change after we beat the 49ers tomorrow.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

If we just beat the 9ers...we will still be looked at as "a surprisingly good team that is catching teams". If we dominate the 9ers like we're capable of doing, we will be looked at as "a dangerous team that has it together". 

I keep hearing about the 9ers run game and Kaep being tough to stop. We stopped AP. I mean, we STOPPED AP. Our defense has played lights out this season. We will be fine as long as we execute. And if we do execute and if Cam has one of those "man, this guy can't miss" days...you're looking at a score similar to last week.

That's just my .02 anyway, for whatever that's worth to you.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

If we just beat the 9ers...we will still be looked at as "a surprisingly good team that is catching teams". If we dominate the 9ers like we're capable of doing, we will be looked at as "a dangerous team that has it together".

I keep hearing about the 9ers run game and Kaep being tough to stop. We stopped AP. I mean, we STOPPED AP. Our defense has played lights out this season. We will be fine as long as we execute. And if we do execute and if Cam has one of those "man, this guy can't miss" days...you're looking at a score similar to last week.

We shut down Lynch too...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We shut down Lynch too...

Valid point. The difference is our offense is productive now whereas it wasn't the first couple of games.

Posted · Report post

if we beat SF by 1 pt. on the road.................that is a big thing!

Posted · Report post

Right now, I'm not thinking about the division title (still early) but if they believe New Orleans is that far ahead of us... lol. We can sweep them again. It'll be tough but their defense isn't special. The Jets and Patriots have exposed it. As long as we don't have a major injury, we're game to overtake the South.

Posted · Report post

I can't watch those 2 clowns.  I really don't care what they or any other members of the press think.

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

The media is moving slowly. Giving respect but not saying we are there yet. That will all change after we beat the 49ers tomorrow.

Yee

Posted · Report post

Why is first take on my screen...
3 people like this