Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PG as #1 option = Mediocre Team

44 posts in this topic

Posted

What about d rose cp3

Sent from my SGH-T999L using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

IF Charlotte lands Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Exum/Smart...the team then gets built around them. MKG/Zeller/Kemba be damned.

Just an example, but the Blazers passed on Jordan because they had Drexler. Jordan won't make the same mistake if he thinks there's a player to be taken that is an upgrade over our current starter in that same position. Trades can be made to rectify a situation in that case.

We won't be passing on Parker for instance, simply because we have MKG at the 3 and Zeller at the 4. Somebody will get traded or be coming off the bench in that case.

Exactly. Right now, everyone other than Big Al on this team is a role player. MKG may be the only piece with value to trade but he's improving and is worth keeping.

Parker def makes a ton of sense bc he will probably be a NBA PF. But that means we'll be stacked at that position. Now I'm wondering if the Zeller pick even make sense now if we were able to land a Parker or Randle. Probably should have gone McLemore. Unless Parker can fill the SG spot, I'm confused right now how CHO/MJ are building this team.

Posted

The cats likely won't have a pick if they keep it up, if they do it's going to be in the 5-9 range so Exum, Smart would likely be targets.

Think sg or pg, maybe a center. Not likely to go Sf or Pf with Mkg, Taylor, biz and zeller.

Posted

you pick the best available and move the rest of the pieces to make him fit..

you don't pass on Jabari because you have Taylor and MKG.. im sure you know this, im just stating the obvious

Posted

you pick the best available and move the rest of the pieces to make him fit..

you don't pass on Jabari because you have Taylor and MKG.. im sure you know this, im just stating the obvious

Unless they win a max of. 4-5 more games the rest of the season they won't be in position to pick wiggins, Parker or randle. I wasn't saying they would pass on Parker or wiggins, but that no one at Pf or Sf around where the cats will likely be picking aren't going to be better then zeller or mkg.

Heck if they win more then 25 or so games the cats likely won't have a first round pick. If that ends up being the case then signing Jefferson will go down as one of the biggest mistakes a NC based team has ever made.

Posted

Unless they win a max of. 4-5 more games the rest of the season they won't be in position to pick wiggins, Parker or randle. I wasn't saying they would pass on Parker or wiggins, but that no one at Pf or Sf around where the cats will likely be picking aren't going to be better then zeller or mkg.

Heck if they win more then 25 or so games the cats likely won't have a first round pick. If that ends up being the case then signing Jefferson will go down as one of the biggest mistakes a NC based team has ever made.

Looks like we could win 25 without Jefferson even playing.  In that case, you can't tell your young guys to "lose" when they need to develop.  

Posted

Jefferson has helped us win 1 game..

Like i said, the biggest difference for this team was the Steve Clifford hire. He has helped this team far more that Jefferson ever could. With basically the same team that put us in the #2 spot last year- Clifford has made this squad a playoff contender. Can I get an amen!?!

Posted

What? They're going to have at least 1 and possibly 3 first-round picks. Get your facts straight, dude. Winning 25 games or so got Cleveland the #1 pick last year.

Hate to tell you this but the lottery is rigged, too. Bobcats could go 0-82 and pick third. The NBA is going to make sure Charlotte doesn't get the top pick. They could tank until 2040 and never pick higher than 2nd. Basically all

It means when you tank is you're saying "we don't know how to run a team, so we are going to put all our faith every year into one day and hope against hope our ping-pong balls get us a great player and until then we will dream of losses and unproven 20-year-olds in whom we will put all our faith."

Posted

What? They're going to have at least 1 and possibly 3 first-round picks. Get your facts straight, dude. Winning 25 games or so got Cleveland the #1 pick last year.

Hate to tell you this but the lottery is rigged, too. Bobcats could go 0-82 and pick third. The NBA is going to make sure Charlotte doesn't get the top pick. They could tank until 2040 and never pick higher than 2nd. Basically all

It means when you tank is you're saying "we don't know how to run a team, so we are going to put all our faith every year into one day and hope against hope our ping-pong balls get us a great player and until then we will dream of losses and unproven 20-year-olds in whom we will put all our faith."

If Charlotte is picking out of the top 10 then the pick goes to Chicago because of Tyrus Thomas trade. Right now Charlotte is on target to have a late first round pick via Portland and thats it. As it stands now, Charlotte's pick would go to Chicago and Detroit would keep it's pick.

Also right now there are 9 teams with winning percentages below .350 and a few under .150, I wouldn't be surprised to see about 6-7 teams finish with records in the 20-25 win range.So in all likely hood a 27-30 win team would be picking in the 8-12 range with how bad the league is this season.

So if the Cats actually win and the records stay similar, then Charlotte will have a very late first and thats it.

Posted

If Charlotte is picking out of the top 10 then the pick goes to Chicago because of Tyrus Thomas trade. Right now Charlotte is on target to have a late first round pick via Portland and thats it. As it stands now, Charlotte's pick would go to Chicago and Detroit would keep it's pick.

Also right now there are 9 teams with winning percentages below .350 and a few under .150, I wouldn't be surprised to see about 6-7 teams finish with records in the 20-25 win range.So in all likely hood a 27-30 win team would be picking in the 8-12 range with how bad the league is this season.

So if the Cats actually win and the records stay similar, then Charlotte will have a very late first and thats it.

Rigged or not, the draft is literally the only way a small market team can win consistently. So if you think it's rigged then you don't think Charlotte as any chance ever being better then the 8th seed and a first round exit in the playoffs. With out a superstar, that's the ceiling.

Posted

I swear if they lose their 1st rounder to the Bulls THIS year...I'll riot. Or at least throw a remote or something. 

Posted

I swear if they lose their 1st rounder to the Bulls THIS year...I'll riot. Or at least throw a remote or something. 

If they lose the first-rounder to the Bulls this year, it means they got better as a team, and probably don't need a pick that high to at least contend to some extent.

I do find it amusing people say we suck if we lose, then get pissed if we win.