Photo
- - - - -

Casting your ideological lots (**Warning: lengthy commentary in OP**)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

do you accept his paradigm?

I'd rather have a pair a'dimes.

#17 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,101 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

precisely

#18 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

The reason people don't like to think about this is because it challenges their paradigm and these people do not want to realize that they are not good people and they support evil systems.  This of course assumes a moral standard somewhat based around the idea of "do unto others..."

That's my hypothesis for now anyway.

For a small example lets look at constitutional republic for a moment.  Is it really a superior form of government?  Is there nothing that could be better?  If so why can't we implement it?  These questions are going to be to your average American very much against their established views and will be viewed in a negative light even if the intent is to help them, in this case by possibly determining a superior form of government to implement through discussion.

I'm asking for a discussion? I don't view your comments negatively. I plainly stated show me the evidence and we can discuss it. That flies in the face of your "Hypothesis". When you challenge someones view, it is wise to be prepared to offer your alternative. I love reading the opinions of others, it helps us learn.

#19 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

I'm asking for a discussion? I don't view your comments negatively. I plainly stated show me the evidence and we can discuss it. That flies in the face of your "Hypothesis". When you challenge someones view, it is wise to be prepared to offer your alternative. I love reading the opinions of others, it helps us learn.

In that case I'm not actually arguing for or against any sort of government.  What I'm stating is that my limited experience has seemingly demonstrated to me that MOST people aren't very good at considering things from outside their own perspective that is all.

#20 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

In that case I'm not actually arguing for or against any sort of government. What I'm stating is that my limited experience has seemingly demonstrated to me that MOST people aren't very good at considering things from outside their own perspective that is all.

yea, I completely get the limited experience point. I don't hold the same negative opinion of my fellow citizens as you do. I see the complete opposite. Of course there are those who are so entrenched in their ideological view of the world, but they aren't as numerous as the media and political class would lead you to believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com