Photo
- - - - -

Gerald Henderson Summer League Stats

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
144 replies to this topic

#16 Plewis

Plewis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

Gerald is going to be a starter on this team, maybe not this year, but for years to come. Not a bust.

#17 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

Wow, you seem to have a nasty attitude with everybody, eh?

No, just you. Everyone else for the most part i like. Even the guy i called a dumbass. He was lashing out at someone and his reason was post count, which is dumb. There are a few hundred people on here and i have a problem with 2 people and that equals everyone? I've really only ever been rude to you on here and that's because you come on here like you have all this knowledge and you're so much better then everyone when actually you're pretty fuging annoying and never have a clue what you're talking about.

#18 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

Who cares what he does right now in summer league. All I care about is when he straps on the shoes and the games start to count he plays well and is successful as a Charlotte Bobcat. As a fan that's all you should care about. Yea it's nice if a player your team drafted does well in summer league but it doesn't mean a whole lot of anything if they do.

See the UNC fans and the ones that wanted Williams don't get this. They all pretty much want him to fail so they can rag on Duke and say i told you so. I was pulling hard for Sean May even though he is a fat worthless slob. I want the Bobcats to win. If Gerald turns out to be a bust i will be the first to admit it. I won't say he is a bust from the first year or summer league though he needs a couple of years to say he is a bust.

#19 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,515 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:14 PM

See the UNC fans and the ones that wanted Williams don't get this. They all pretty much want him to fail so they can rag on Duke and say i told you so. I was pulling hard for Sean May even though he is a fat worthless slob. I want the Bobcats to win. If Gerald turns out to be a bust i will be the first to admit it. I won't say he is a bust from the first year or summer league though he needs a couple of years to say he is a bust.

I am UNC fan but, I certainly do not want him to fail, because if he fails that makes MJ look like an idiot once again. I would love for Henderson to have good career in the NBA and help the Bobcats get to the playoffs.

On another note the only reason I lashed out at most of you is because I was misquoted by almost everyone. I have highlighted the first sentence that everyone read and freaked out because they thought I called Henderson a bust. Which is not the case. I was expressing my opinion in a realistic but negative/positve way like most of the sports media do.

#20 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:27 PM

CarolinaPanthers8789.... i have enjoyed reading your updates daily about the news happening league wide in the summer league. the article you wrote starting "Henderson a bust?" was a very good opening about the reading. i am currently in school for sports journalism and broadcasting, so i do indeed write often and i enjoy your style of writing. it is very fluid and accurate. thanks for all the updates as i do not have time to watch many of these games due to school and work.

i personally wanted henderson all along, he plays hard and will at least be a solid defender for 10 yrs. he can slash to the basket and puts up amazing dunks and blocks consitantly. reminds me of gerald wallace personlly....

anyway thanks again for updates! (very good) talk to yall soon, oh for some of yall, i have been active reader here for 4-5 yrs... but rarely post, i have to write about sports all day all the time an so writing on here feels like school an work sometimes haha

GO BOBCATS!

#21 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,654 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

I should put some kind of filter that bans people who bring College bias's into this forum.

#22 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:36 PM

WHAT?!?!?! i love my Virginia Cavaliers! HAHA, i really do (NO JOKE) lacrosse anyone?

#23 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,515 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

CarolinaPanthers8789.... i have enjoyed reading your updates daily about the news happening league wide in the summer league. the article you wrote starting "Henderson a bust?" was a very good opening about the reading. i am currently in school for sports journalism and broadcasting, so i do indeed write often and i enjoy your style of writing. it is very fluid and accurate. thanks for all the updates as i do not have time to watch many of these games due to school and work.

i personally wanted henderson all along, he plays hard and will at least be a solid defender for 10 yrs. he can slash to the basket and puts up amazing dunks and blocks consitantly. reminds me of gerald wallace personlly....

anyway thanks again for updates! (very good) talk to yall soon, oh for some of yall, i have been active reader here for 4-5 yrs... but rarely post, i have to write about sports all day all the time an so writing on here feels like school an work sometimes haha

GO BOBCATS!

Where do you go to college?

#24 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,515 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

UPDATED FOR GAME 2. I am not happy with the T-Wolves.

#25 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

Yeah, I enjoy your posts also. I have actually started coming here first to read about these summer league games. It seems like the observer worries more about Curry than the bobs, which pisses me off. So, don't worry about the haters, I like having someone to talk about the bobs. I wish more people in this forum posted in this section. It seems like you, carpanfan, and musikman are the only ones that really keep up with this section.
Anyways, back to bball, it sucks that the bobcats don't have their own team. I can't believe Henderson didn't play today. Is Ajinca playing this summer?

#26 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,515 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

Yeah, I enjoy your posts also. I have actually started coming here first to read about these summer league games. It seems like the observer worries more about Curry than the bobs, which pisses me off. So, don't worry about the haters, I like having someone to talk about the bobs. I wish more people in this forum posted in this section. It seems like you, carpanfan, and musikman are the only ones that really keep up with this section.
Anyways, back to bball, it sucks that the bobcats don't have their own team. I can't believe Henderson didn't play today. Is Ajinca playing this summer?

I actually have not heard about Ajinca, but I would have thought he would have been playing.

#27 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,731 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

Alexis is playing for the french national team in the European championship series or something like that.

#28 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:17 PM

bout to transfer to UNC or indiana to finish my journalism.... then charlotte school of broadcasting for that. i just finished 2 yrs at CPCC for all my general courses and i took all journalism there... i freelance to magazines for sports biography's and opinionated articles on trades, signings, and any team realted issues usually dealing with players in football (NFL), baseball, basketball (college and NBA) soccer, lacrosse, and then i also write some for a few christian publications.

im taking a semester off to get $ for school, athletic scholerships fell through when i got hurt so im savin to get in then walk-on whenevr i go, an try to work for a scholarship if my knee can hold up. i want to be a sports analyst or maybe a scout really, id like to work for either bobcats panthers, or redskins.... im from VA orginally

alexis is in europe playin for the french team. i really do like him and think he can turn into something nice in a few yrs. i dont see why all of u get mad when you say he's a bust blah blah blah, but when we draft someone who has already peaked in potential yall complain too. we drafted a High risk high reward with a late 1st round pick chill. he is tall and long, good shot just needs to bulk up some and will naturally, he is only 21 and will get stronger with time. he also will learn the language and get the flow of NBA game. european ball is way different then american ball. lets wait a yr or 2 an see what we get!

#29 Its The Milk

Its The Milk

Justice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:19 AM

Well keep in mind the absurd amount of rookie guards that the T-Wolves have. I am not entirely sure how many of which they are playing in summer league.

#30 ProfessorPeppers

ProfessorPeppers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:20 AM

At least Wayne had the balls to shoot unlike Henderson who was just turning the ball over, or even running up and down the court. Watch your mouth.

Or what?

Are you going to summon the internet police? I better watch it, I don't have a tenth of the posts you do....oh wait, I have a life and don't have a spare 18 hours a day to dedicate to a forum, but again, you have way more posts than I as well as more rep points. That must mean you are the ruler of this lowly land and we all must do what you say.

Shut up, you're wasting valuable bandwidth with your mindless UNC homer talk. Wanna talk about a bust, how has Sean May worked out for us? How did Eric Montross fair?

Yeah, Ellington is good, but the only reason he was near as effective as he was in college was because whoever Carolina was playing had to put 2 guys on Tyler at all times, thus leaving Ellington wide open. Sorry to say, but if you can't hit a wide open shot in college, you have no business being a pro...you wanna call a Duke player a bust? How about Reddick, he has accomplished nothing, or perhaps Sheldon Williams.

So what, Wayne took more shots than Henderson...WHOO HOO!! Allow me to pin a rose on his shoulder. All that means is his shot percentage and shot selection SUCK. Two things you definitely DON'T want in the pros.

Bottom line: It's a summer league game, I defy you to tell me you've stepped into any new job you've had in your life and immedately fired on all cylinders.

If Henderson ends up being a bust, I'll eat crow and admit it, but I hardly think you can make that judgement based on a couple summer league games. I think he will be a decent NBA player, and I'll put money on it that he has a better season than Ellington. Any takers?