Photo
- - - - -

Gerald Henderson Summer League Stats

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
144 replies to this topic

#91 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

Yeah what happen after he left KU again????? BTW I like Brown but don't downgrade K for anybody. Stupid Tarhole..

Yes...Let's rehash the horrible crimes committed by Brown to get KU on probation...You wanna take a stab at it?

#92 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

Real mature little kid. When i was graduating high school i was out chasing tale all summer not sitting in my mom's basement posting on a message board. I hope you keep up this trash talking, so someone might take notice and give your ass the boot. You and Htar completely ruined this thread. There are loads of other threads with Duke/Carolina poo talking, go in there with your nonsense. This is the Bobcats section little kid.

How so? By defending Roy and Brown as better coaches than K and backing it up with fact?

#93 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:02 PM

How so? By defending Roy and Brown as better coaches than K and backing it up with fact?

There was not a single fact. Roy isn't even close to K. Roy doesn't coach he recruits. You can enjoy this little run all you want, but that can go away real quick. The only thing Roy is better at right now is recruiting.

#94 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

Also to talk about Larry Brown is fuging dumb. He coaches in the NBA. They play 82 games a year, so of course he has more wins. You guys are really funny.

#95 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:56 PM

By what naming players that roy coach that didn't even make it in the league. I said player who made a impact or atleast put up average numbers and he names Jackie Manuel, Rashard Terry, and David Noel.

#96 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,518 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:10 PM

There was not a single fact. Roy isn't even close to K. Roy doesn't coach he recruits. You can enjoy this little run all you want, but that can go away real quick. The only thing Roy is better at right now is recruiting.

First of lets compare how many years they have been a head coach. Roy Williams has been coaching for 21 years. Coach K has been coaching for 33 years which is 12 more years than Williams yet Coack K only has 239 more wins than Williams. Williams can reach 833 wins easily in 13 years. All Roy would have to do is average 24 wins a year. He currently averages 29 wins year.

Here are some things you might want to consider when talking down Roy Williams

AS A HEAD COACH

1. Roy Williams is third all-time in Winning Percentage.
2. Williams has appeared in 7 final fours (fourth-alltime).
3. Williams has one at least on game in the NCAA Tourney for 20 straight years (all-time record).
4. Williams has led his team to the NCAA Tourney for 20 straight seasons (second-all time).
5. Williams holds the active record for most consecutive NCAA Tourney appearances.
6. Williams is the winningest active coach by percentage among coaches with at least 10 years experience.
7. Williams is a member of the Basketball HOF.
8. Williams is a 2 time AP Coach of the Year Award winner.
9. Williams has won the Naismith College Coach of the year award.
10. Williams is a 2 time Henry Iba Award winner.
11. Williams has won the John R. Wooden Legends of Coaching Award.
12. Williams has won 2 NCAA National Championships.
13. Williams has won 2 ACC Championships.
14. Williams has won 4 ACC Regular Season Championships.
15. Williams has won 3 Big 12 Tournament Championships.
16. Williams has won 4 Big 12 Regular Season Championships.
17. Williams has won 1 Big Eight Tournament Championship.
18. Williams has won 5 Big Eight Regular Season Championships.
19. Williams recruited the arguably the best basketball player ever MJ.
20. Willams was named by Forbes List as America's Best College Basketball Coach.
21. Williams won more games in the first 15 seasons of his coaching career than anyone else in NCAA history.
22. Williams is the 12th coach to lead two schools to the Final Four and the third (with Larry Brown and Frank McGuire) to direct two schools to the championship game.
23. Williams is third all-time in NCAA Tournament wins with 49 and has an NCAA postseason win percentage of .731, fourth-best among active coaches. Eight of his teams have been seeded No. 1 in a region in NCAA play.
24. Williams has coached a team to 30 or more wins eight times, which is the second-most in NCAA history. He has won 20 or more games 18 times in 20 years (winning 19 in his first seasons at Kansas and North Carolina), including 14 straight seasons at Kansas, a streak that equaled the third longest in NCAA history.
25. He was the third-fastest coach in history to reach 300 wins and fourth fastest to 400. He reached 500 wins in his 19th season, faster than any other Division I coach.
26. He has won more games than any coach after 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 seasons as a head coach. He is the second-winningest Jayhawk coach in history behind Smith's college coach, Phog Allen.
27. Williams earned National Coach of the Year honors three times at Kansas, in 1990 (Henry Iba Award), 1992 (Associated Press) and 1997 (Naismith COY) and was Big Eight/Big 12 Coach of the Year seven times (1990, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2002 and 2003). The New York Athletic Club presented him with its National Coach of the Year award in 2005. He received the John R. Wooden Legends of Coaching Award in 2003 from the Los Angeles Athletic Club. Williams won the National Coach of the Year Award in 2006 while coaching North Carolina.
28. Williams helped coach Team USA to a bronze medal at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece with fellow North Carolina alumnus (and former Kansas coach) Larry Brown.
29. Williams captured his 100th overall victory since coaching in the ACC on March 4, 2007. Williams is the second-fastest ACC coach to reach 100 victories.
30. TAKE NOTICE: Any breakable record that coach k has over Roy Williams will be broken because Roy Williams will have 12 more years to catch up after coach k retires.

Is this good enough for you???

#97 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,518 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

By what naming players that roy coach that didn't even make it in the league. I said player who made a impact or atleast put up average numbers and he names Jackie Manuel, Rashard Terry, and David Noel.

Shavelick Randolph???- Sean May, and even David Noel average more points a game than this guy.

J.J. Redick???- Nick Collison, Rashad McCants and Brandan Wright average more points than him.

Shelden Williams???- Nick Collison, Rashad McCants, and Brandan Wright average more points than him.

Josh McRoberts???- David Noel and Sean May average more points than this guy.

Shane Battier???- Nick Collison, Rashad McCants, Brandan Wright, Kirk Hinrich average more points than this guy.

Elton Brand- If Raymond Felton and Marvin Williams suck then how come they score more than this guy?

Luol Deng- Felton averages more points

Chris Duhon- Gooden, Felton, Williams average more points.

Grant Hill- Raymond Felton, Williams average more points.

Dunleavy, Boozer, Maggette- Not up to Paul Pierce's Standards.

Face it even our crappy players make yours look like S.H.I.T.

Felton, Williams, Gooden Pierce, Collison, Wright, McCants, Hinrich, and Gooden are all having better careers than half the players you mentioned.

Noel and May are better than McRoberts, Shelden Williams, and Shavelick Randolph. Now that is embarrassing.

And Paul Pierce makes all of them look like a piece of crap. Even Boozer, Dunleavy, and Maggette are not on Paul Pierce's level.

#98 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:31 PM

30. TAKE NOTICE: Any breakable record that coach k has over Roy Williams will be broken because Roy Williams will have 12 more years to catch up after coach k retires.

Is this good enough for you???

You do realize Coach K is only 3 years older then Roy don't you? This just proves even more you don't have a clue what you're talking about. You're going to make a shitty journalist. You really are way to young to be throwing things around on here because you're barely old enough to remember Roy's first title. Also you weren't born for K's first title, which by the way was against Roy. I guess i will go copy and paste the Wiki page for Coach K just like you did for Roy and post it.

#99 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,518 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:44 PM

You do realize Coach K is only 3 years older then Roy don't you? This just proves even more you don't have a clue what you're talking about. You're going to make a pooty journalist. You really are way to young to be throwing things around on here because you're barely old enough to remember Roy's first title. Also you weren't born for K's first title, which by the way was against Roy. I guess i will go copy and paste the Wiki page for Coach K just like you did for Roy and post it.

Age is but a number you should now that because you acting like you are ten. Roy's first title as a head coach was in 2005 Dumbass will Raymond Felton, Jackie Manuel, Jawad Williams, Brooks Foster, Jesse Holley, C.J. Hooker, Byron Sanders, Melvin Scott, Reyshawn Terry, Quentin Thomas, Charlie Everett, Wes Miller, Marvin Williams, Damion Grant, Rashad McCants, David Noel, and Sean May. We beat Oakland, Iowa State, Villanova, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Illinois (In the Championship 75-70 which brought our record to 33-4 for the season). Good thing you beat Roy since he had only been coaching for three years when he made his first National Championship Apperance. YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

#100 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,351 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

Man, this is an awesome thread about Gerald Henderson and the Bobcats.

#101 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:48 PM

Shavelick Randolph???- Sean May, and even David Noel average more points a game than this guy.

J.J. Redick???- Nick Collison, Rashad McCants and Brandan Wright average more points than him.

Shelden Williams???- Nick Collison, Rashad McCants, and Brandan Wright average more points than him.

Josh McRoberts???- David Noel and Sean May average more points than this guy.

Shane Battier???- Nick Collison, Rashad McCants, Brandan Wright, Kirk Hinrich average more points than this guy.

Elton Brand- If Raymond Felton and Marvin Williams suck then how come they score more than this guy?

Luol Deng- Felton averages more points

Chris Duhon- Gooden, Felton, Williams average more points.

Grant Hill- Raymond Felton, Williams average more points.

Dunleavy, Boozer, Maggette- Not up to Paul Pierce's Standards.

Face it even our crappy players make yours look like S.H.I.T.

Felton, Williams, Gooden Pierce, Collison, Wright, McCants, Hinrich, and Gooden are all having better careers than half the players you mentioned.

Noel and May are better than McRoberts, Shelden Williams, and Shavelick Randolph. Now that is embarrassing.

And Paul Pierce makes all of them look like a piece of crap. Even Boozer, Dunleavy, and Maggette are not on Paul Pierce's level.

I'm confused. Are you being serious now or is this a joke. I'm just going to touch on one of these guys, Elton Brand. He was injured most of the year and if you want to talk career stats he averages a Double Double for his career. 20 and 10. Grant Hill is too old to compare but career wise when he was healthy he would have been better then all of them if he isn't already. Josh McRoberts may suck but he did just get a deal to play 2 more years when the Bobcats who are struggling at that spot wouldn't resign him. It's not all about how many points you score. I would take Duhon over felton any day. This might have been the worst attempt i have ever seen at comparing players.

#102 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:57 PM

Age is but a number you should now that because you acting like you are ten. Roy's first title as a head coach was in 2005 Dumbass will Raymond Felton, Jackie Manuel, Jawad Williams, Brooks Foster, Jesse Holley, C.J. Hooker, Byron Sanders, Melvin Scott, Reyshawn Terry, Quentin Thomas, Charlie Everett, Wes Miller, Marvin Williams, Damion Grant, Rashad McCants, David Noel, and Sean May. We beat Oakland, Iowa State, Villanova, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Illinois (In the Championship 75-70 which brought our record to 33-4 for the season). Good thing you beat Roy since he had only been coaching for three years when he made his first National Championship Apperance. YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

This is how dumb you're little kid. You said Roy had 12 more years to catch K when he retires. k is only 3 years older. You really think when K finally hangs it up Roy will go for 12 more years after that? If he retired this year fine, Roy would have a shot at 12 more years. K will probably be around until his 70. That means Roy will retire at 79 to 80.K will still get 25 to 30 every year until he is 70. Roy won't catch him, i'm sorry. Quit naming players and who they played, nobody gives a poo. Anyone can look that up. It's irrelevant to what we're talking about. Hell this whole fuging thread is now.

#103 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,419 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

Age is but a number you should now (sic) that because you (sic) acting like you are ten. Roy's first title as a head coach was in 2005 (sic) Dumbass will Raymond Felton, Jackie Manuel, Jawad Williams, Brooks Foster, Jesse Holley, C.J. Hooker, Byron Sanders, Melvin Scott, Reyshawn Terry, Quentin Thomas, Charlie Everett, Wes Miller, Marvin Williams, Damion Grant, Rashad McCants, David Noel, and Sean May. We beat Oakland, Iowa State, Villanova, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Illinois (In the Championship 75-70 which brought our record to 33-4 for the season). Good thing you beat Roy since he had only been coaching for three years when he made his first National Championship Apperance. (sic) YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

You have a lot to learn in journalism school. If you somehow graduate from UNC, I will have lost all respect for that school.

Maybe in a few years you will now (???) something.

#104 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,641 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

I'm confused. Are you being serious now or is this a joke. I'm just going to touch on one of these guys, Elton Brand. He was injured most of the year and if you want to talk career stats he averages a Double Double for his career. 20 and 10. Grant Hill is too old to compare but career wise when he was healthy he would have been better then all of them if he isn't already. Josh McRoberts may suck but he did just get a deal to play 2 more years when the Bobcats who are struggling at that spot wouldn't resign him. It's not all about how many points you score. I would take Duhon over felton any day. This might have been the worst attempt i have ever seen at comparing players.

you can't be serious.lol.its a well know fact that duke players suck in the nba but being how i am a homer and love just about everything dealing with nc (unc) i will accept GH with my kats as long as he can contribute.i think coach LB will get him right.good luck GH and welcome.

#105 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

Britnick, seriously...DES has a better win % than K...That's a fact. Roy does too, but not talking about him. DES coached in a tougher league than has had to deal with most of his career...That's my opinion, but shared by most. No lower than 3rd in the league for 30 years...Fact. Wrap your mind around that for a second. BTW, DES also had a winning record head to head against k...I think it was 20-12...Those numbers may not be exact, but they are close...Please, feel free to bring something better to the table than your insults.