#106 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,185 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

I'm confused. Are you being serious now or is this a joke. I'm just going to touch on one of these guys, Elton Brand. He was injured most of the year and if you want to talk career stats he averages a Double Double for his career. 20 and 10. Grant Hill is too old to compare but career wise when he was healthy he would have been better then all of them if he isn't already. Josh McRoberts may suck but he did just get a deal to play 2 more years when the Bobcats who are struggling at that spot wouldn't resign him. It's not all about how many points you score. I would take Duhon over felton any day. This might have been the worst attempt i have ever seen at comparing players.

It's the NBA Dumbass all anybody cares about is points thats why LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, and Dwayne Wade are all loved by the fans. THEY SCORE POINTS. Which is more than I can say for duke players. All they do is ride the pine. Unless your Carlos Boozer who I particulary like because of his style of play.

#107 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

Britnick, seriously...DES has a better win % than K...That's a fact. Roy does too, but not talking about him. DES coached in a tougher league than has had to deal with most of his career...That's my opinion, but shared by most. No lower than 3rd in the league for 30 years...Fact. Wrap your mind around that for a second. BTW, DES also had a winning record head to head against k...I think it was 20-12...Those numbers may not be exact, but they are close...Please, feel free to bring something better to the table than your insults.

When did i insult you? I may have to the little kid ,but i don't remember saying anything to you. I know i have in the past because it's pretty hard not to talk poo to you. I mean you just suck to talk to on here. And a lot of UNC fans and non- fans feel the same way. I never said anything about Dean, i talked about Roy to you. I think Coach K will surpass dean as greatest of all-time, but he is not fully there yet. He already has more titles then him so that little bump is over with. I would say it's a lot harder to win now then it has ever been. There are a lot more one and dones and players leaving before they are seniors. It's harder to get a team to mesh when you have players staying for one or two years. Roy had two teams stay almost the full time hints why he has recently had 2 championships. Coach K's recruits just haven't turned out as good as Roy's.

#108 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,185 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

You have a lot to learn in journalism school. If you somehow graduate from UNC, I will have lost all respect for that school.

Maybe in a few years you will now (???) something.

Maybe you should go back to college if you did not drop out.

Maybe in a few years you will know how to spell.

It sucks that this site doesn't have grammar check doesn't it?

#109 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:29 PM

When did i insult you? I may have to the little kid ,but i don't remember saying anything to you. I know i have in the past because it's pretty hard not to talk poo to you. I mean you just suck to talk to on here. And a lot of UNC fans and non- fans feel the same way. I never said anything about Dean, i talked about Roy to you. I think Coach K will surpass dean as greatest of all-time, but he is not fully there yet. He already has more titles then him so that little bump is over with. I would say it's a lot harder to win now then it has ever been. There are a lot more one and dones and players leaving before they are seniors. It's harder to get a team to mesh when you have players staying for one or two years. Roy had two teams stay almost the full time hints why he has recently had 2 championships. Coach K's recruits just haven't turned out as good as Roy's.

DES was losing players a long time ago...Way before it started affecting the rest of the NCAA field. And, yes, it used to be harder to win the ACC, and for DES' first 13 years, you had to win the conference tournament to get into the NCAA tournament. And, btw, in case you haven't noticed...Roy loses a lot of players early too.

Winning titles does not define greatest coach...Let's say Roy wins a couple more before he's done and K does not - that's the current trend, anyway...Do you think Roy is better than K? I would say they are both about equal.

And lastly, if I suck so bad to talk to, why do you bother? You're a dook fan, I'm not. It's a rivalry for many reasons. Smack talk is part of it.

#110 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,176 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

Dumbass, you obviously struggle with sarcasm. Go back and read your post that I quoted to. Every time that you type something, your idiocy shines through.

#111 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,185 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

Dumbass, you obviously struggle with sarcasm. Go back and read your post that I quoted to. Every time that you type something, your idiocy shines through.

You obviously struggle with life. You try to insult me with knowledge yet you have none. You try to insult me with witt yet you have none. Now you try to insult me on a message board using my posts as your excuse. Take notice of this and don't forget it, I will not give you the time of day when it comes to journalism. I do not feel the need to execute a professionally written column on a message board to make my point heard. You know everybody is entitled to their own opinion but it's just that yours is wrong, and remember this Coach K and his players are not and never will be in the same league as Coach Smith's and his players, and Coach Williams and his players.

#112 Its The Milk

Its The Milk

Justice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:14 PM

Sigh. I frequent this post searching for some insight that may have slipped my gaze about Gerald Henderson and all I see is you guys arguing. Why must it be this way?

:frown2:

#113 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:59 PM

It's the NBA Dumbass all anybody cares about is points thats why LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, and Dwayne Wade are all loved by the fans. THEY SCORE POINTS. Which is more than I can say for duke players. All they do is ride the pine. Unless your Carlos Boozer who I particulary like because of his style of play.

Wow. I mean, really....wow.

#114 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:56 AM

And this kid say's he is a sports journalist.

#115 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,110 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:52 AM

Maybe you can learn to use a comma in a sentence?

If you are studying to be a journalist, you should seriously consider a change in major.

Your writing skills, use of punctuation , use of grammer, etc... leave ALOT to be desired.

#116 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,185 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:31 AM

Maybe you can learn to use a comma in a sentence?

If you are studying to be a journalist, you should seriously consider a change in major.

Your writing skills, use of punctuation , use of grammer, etc... leave ALOT to be desired.

ALOT is two words dumbass (a lot)

#117 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,185 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

And this kid say's he is a sports journalist.

I will reply to these comments with the same post that I replyed to Pantherfan49 with.

You obviously struggle with life. You try to insult me with knowledge yet you have none. You try to insult me with witt yet you have none. Now you try to insult me on a message board using my posts as your excuse. Take notice of this and don't forget it, I will not give you the time of day when it comes to journalism. I do not feel the need to execute a professionally written column on a message board to make my point heard. You know everybody is entitled to their own opinion but it's just that yours is wrong, and remember this Coach K and his players are not and never will be in the same league as Coach Smith's and his players, and Coach Williams and his players.

#118 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:46 AM

I will reply to these comments with the same post that I replyed to Pantherfan49 with.

It has nothing to do with grammar at all, it has to do with your clear lack of understanding of the NBA game exhibited in your last two posts. I'm not even a Duke fan, so the last part of your poor attempt at a response does not even apply. But please do not try to pass your opinion of the NBA game as gospel, as you'd be better served to start watching and trying to understand the game rather than firing up NBA Live and beating your chest about your favorite college team.

Edited by X-Clown, 22 July 2009 - 09:48 AM.

#119 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,185 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

It has nothing to do with grammar at all, it has to do with your clear lack of understanding of the NBA game exhibited in your last two posts. I'm not even a Duke fan, so the last part of your poor attempt at a response does not even apply. But please do not try to pass your opinion of the NBA game as gospel, as you'd be better served to start watching and trying to understand the game rather than firing up NBA Live and beating your chest about your favorite college team.

I am not arguing anymore because the whole topic is pointless, and I do believe we can all agree that all four coaches (Mike Krzyzewski, Dean Smith, Roy Williams, and Larry Brown) are impressive coaches.

As far as the NBA goes, I honestly do not even consider the NBA a sport anymore. David Stern has turned this whole bussiness into a large corporate organization that is only out there for one reason: money. An interesting fact is that most of the top teams in the NBA are the one's that have really high GSP ratings (Gross State Product, in other words how much money a state spends). I have made a list of where each NBA Playoff team from last year ranks in the GSP below my post. The NBA is a bussiness not a sports league. Have you noticed how the NBA is ran compared to the NFL, NHL, and MLB. The NFL and MLB have conducted and still are conducting a frequent amount of drug tests as where David Stern is conducting a dress code. The NFL is harsher on their own players than the Law is. The MLB will suspend two of their biggest money makers in A-Rod, and Manny to make a statement that steroids should not, and will not be tolerated in baseball. The NHL is one of, if not the best ran sports league out of the four I mentioned, but will never compare to any of the other leagues due to its lack of minority in the sport.

As for David Stern, I have a lot of problems with the way he runs the NBA. There is no other league that does a worse job with their players and the improvement of their game. Instead of creating a dress code for his players, he should have created a playing code. I really wish I could watch one NBA game during the regular season and not feel like every player on the court wasn't trying until the final six minutes. The playoffs are good and the NBA will always do well in urban areas do to it's black to white ratio, but if Stern wants to take basketball to a whole new level he should worry more about his players attitudes and less attention to their popularity.

GSP Rankings (The number to the left is the national ranking)
1. California- Los Angles Lakers
2. Texas- San Antonio Spurs/ Dallas Mavericks/ Houston Rockets
4. Florida- Miami Heat/ Orlando Magic
5. Illinois- Chicago Bulls
6. Pennsylvania- Philadelphia 76ers
8. Ohio- Cleveland Cavaliers
10. Georgia- Atlanta Hawks
12. Michigan- Detroit Pistons
13. Massachusetts- Boston Celtics
20. Colorado- Denver Nuggets
24. Louisiana- New Orleans Hornets
26. Oregon- Portland Trail Blazers
33. Utah- Utah Jazz

Note: Only two of the sixteen teams are not in states ranked in the top twenty-five of money spent.

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 22 July 2009 - 10:51 AM.

#120 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

If you hate the NBA, then why post in this forum so much??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users