Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game Grades - Panthers at 49ers

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Point being the defensive play hit it perfectly. I don't think any runningback could have held onto that ball.

Again....put TWO HANDS on the ball I'm that situation. Let's start there before assuming no RB could hold the ball there
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Again....put TWO HANDS on the ball I'm that situation.

How is this not completely obvious?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Offense gets a B from me. They flew 2k miles to the wrong side of the country and did enough to beat an outstanding defense that was coming off a 5 game win streak. Despite the pedestrian numbers they made the plays when the had to, extending drives, eating the clock and getting on scoring position 3 times.

Defense- not enough can be said.
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Stew HAD two hands on the ball but the initial shot he took knocked one loose, go back and re watch it. He was trying his damnedest to hold on to the ball. I blame his extended absence and have said in several threads that ball security is my main concern with him.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Stew HAD two hands on the ball but the initial shot he took knocked one loose, go back and re watch it. He was trying his damnedest to hold on to the ball. I blame his extended absence and have said in several threads that ball security is my main concern with him.

I watched it several times. He had two hands on the ball, took one off before the ball came loose.

Posted · Report post

I watched it several times. He had two hands on the ball, took one off before the ball came loose.

It came off when the defender punched the ball.  Not a good angle to argue it. 

Posted · Report post

So if SF had recovered instead of Tolbert and then scored, with that score very possibly being the margin in the game, would you be giving Stew a pass? No. No one is saying it wasn't a great play by Whitner and no one is saying that every fumble is preventable, but the bottom line is that fumbling in that situation is a major, major mistake.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He didn't voluntarily take his hand off the ball, it was a shot from behind that did it.

Posted · Report post

This was probably mentioned on the game day thread....but that Captain dropped pick was terrible
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

This was probably mentioned on the game day thread....but that Captain dropped pick was terrible

That's why he's not a WR- hit him right in the hands.

I'm supremely encouraged because we did our best to give this game away, but had the mental toughness to keep fighting.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

early on cam was like i tbought he would be....jittery. he was much like he was in the early part of the atl game. he made dumb mistakes, but after 2-3 series settled down. after that the offenses woes lied mainly on receivers dropping balls and the 49ers playing good stout D. i think that last part gets overlooked in the discussion. the san fran D is the real deal. 

the good news to me is that this is the stoutest D  we'll face the rest of the regular season.  i don't expect us to be so shaky the rest of the season.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

If you have game rewind look at the 2:03:15 mark.  He did have his arm under the ball but not securely.  I stand corrected.

2 people like this

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments