• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,571 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hey Alice, since you like stats and poo so much:

x6IIX7z.png

VUr2lL5.png

ktdq.png

There's 3 completely objective, popularly used, and accurate rating systems that tirelessly watch game film and apply it to in-game situations.  Guess what they all have in common?  They all have us listed better than the Saints (quite handily at that: DEN, SEA, and CAR are in their own tier according to DVOA--one of the most respected and routinely accurate statistics out there), and two of them have us listed as the best and most efficient team in the league.  All of those are far more accurate than just looking at the box scores or listening to biased talking head's opinions about a game you didn't even watch.  "Omg ESPN said Panthers and Cam suck and he wears a towel and stuff... he should be benched!!!"  Yeah, well ESPN also tried to say that Tim fuging T.ebow was a good quarterback.

We're literally two very minuscule plays away from 8-1.  One of which was a game that took a series of events to unfold and lose the game in a complete freak way after having our entire secondary decimated by injuries then scrambling to get some bodies out there on the field... which resulted in many miscommunication after miscommunication.

Did Cam have a bad game last game?  Yea---actually no he didn't, he had what really boiled down to just a bad quarter.  After he threw that interception he came back and brought us back into the game and put us in the position to win with clutch 3rd down conversion after clutch 3rd down conversion.

After the INT and starting 2-11 for 13 yards Cam came back strong and ended the game completing 66.67% of the rest of his passes.  And that's not even accounting for the ridiculous drops by his receivers that hit them right in the hands.

post-19888-Jimmy-Butler-alley-oop-dunk-d

but but but brew drees has so many passing yards.  Fat can look at box scores and tell you inaccurately who will win the following week.  but good post, that would shut most people up, just that Fat is not a person, he is a Fat.

#78 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,187 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

This thread was about a stat shown about Cam on an ESPN show, what do multiple charts that look like they are trying to rank Panthers team pretty high have to do with that? In fact that was kinda the point the show made, it was the team that won in spite of Cams play.

#79 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,571 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

This thread was about a stat shown about Cam on an ESPN show, what do multiple charts that look like they are trying to rank Panthers team pretty high have to do with that? In fact that was kinda the point the show made, it was the team that won in spite of Cams play.

again Fat, you obviously didnt watch the game so we dont value your little opinions or other opinions that also did not watch the games.  anyone who did see the game, knows he came up big, despite a very pedestrian start.  we know you only value brew drees type stats, but we dont.

#80 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,335 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

It's painfully obvious you did not watch the game. Cam and the entire offense had a rough first half aside form the touchdown drive. Dropped passes, sacks, and some high passes including an interception. Cam is a piece of the offense that struggled initially. If the second half of the game wasn't played and Carolina left the stadium...you might be onto something. But there was a second half. 

If the team won in spite of Cam's play, then explain how the team would have won if Cam hadn't made numerous clutch plays on third downs to put us in position to win down the stretch? He made several huge throws on third downs that allowed us to move the chains, eat clock, and give our kicker a chance to kick a huge field goal. 

#81 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,187 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

again Fat, you obviously didnt watch the game so we dont value your little opinions or other opinions that also did not watch the games. anyone who did see the game, knows he came up big, despite a very pedestrian start. we know you only value brew drees type stats, but we dont.

I did watch the game, I saw Cam miss tons of throws and an look pretty bad. The FG came after Ginn brought them to 40, and RB got them 5 yards net after Newton got sacked and basically had them out of FG range. Then the one TD was an 80 yards drive with 38 yards from D William and 7 YAC , so Newton completed three east throws across middle for less than half the yards on that drive. so yes, his contribution to the 10 points was Stewart putting them back in FG range after Newton took a sack and almost ruined it. And then the 3 completions on TD drive where the majority of the yardage, including final 27 yards were all by Williams. Are you trying to argue those 3 easy throws would have been difficult for most backups to make? Did you forget the throw before Williams 27 yard TD run looks like it was almost intercepted? How about at end of game when two fumbles almost cost the game with one of them actually in Whitners arms for a second?

#82 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,187 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

It's painfully obvious you did not watch the game. Cam and the entire offense had a rough first half aside form the touchdown drive. Dropped passes, sacks, and some high passes including an interception. Cam is a piece of the offense that struggled initially. If the second half of the game wasn't played and Carolina left the stadium...you might be onto something. But there was a second half.

If the team won in spite of Cam's play, then explain how the team would have won if Cam hadn't made numerous clutch plays on third downs to put us in position to win down the stretch? He made several huge throws on third downs that allowed us to move the chains, eat clock, and give our kicker a chance to kick a huge field goal.

So Newton was clutch on 3rd down in 2nd half?

3rd qtr
First drive had one 3rd down, Newton throws incomplete and kills drive
Second drive on 3rd and 5 throws 2 yard Checkdown to Tolbert that runs for 17 more, so YAC gets 1st down
Second drives second 3rd down, comes up 3 yards short, missed FG on 4th and 3
3rd drive goes for 3 and out with an incompete Newton pass

4th qtr
First drive starts at 44, Newton gets first down on 3rd and 6, but then takes a sack to push them out of FG range, run gets them back to 35 to kick FG
Second drive Newton competes one 3rd down, but not second, has to punt after just 6 plays
Final drive, Newton only throw was 3rd down comeback to Smith that was all due to Smith, can't put away game, has to punt.

There are all the 3rd down from 2nd half, question to you is DID YOU WATCH GAME?

#83 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,335 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

So Newton was clutch on 3rd down in 2nd half?

3rd qtr
First drive had one 3rd down, Newton throws incomplete and kills drive
Second drive on 3rd and 5 throws 2 yard Checkdown to Tolbert that runs for 17 more, so YAC gets 1st down
Second drives second 3rd down, comes up 3 yards short, missed FG on 4th and 3
3rd drive goes for 3 and out with an incompete Newton pass

4th qtr
First drive starts at 44, Newton gets first down on 3rd and 6, but then takes a sack to push them out of FG range, run gets them back to 35 to kick FG
Second drive Newton competes one 3rd down, but not second, has to punt after just 6 plays
Final drive, Newton only throw was 3rd down comeback to Smith that was all due to Smith, can't put away game, has to punt.

There are all the 3rd down from 2nd half, question to you is DID YOU WATCH GAME?

I did watch the game. Looking up Play-by-Play drive summaries and cherry picking only third downs tell me you did not.

Lets take a deeper look shall we?

Third Quarter:

First drive had one third down because Cam had already gotten a couple of first downs through the air to Steve Smith and Brandon LaFell on a second and first down. He was then sacked on second down forcing him into a third a long which they could not convert.

Second drive Cam completes pass to Tolbert and he runs for a first down. It really doesn't matter if YAC result in the first down or if the receiver catches the pass past the first down marker. It was a good read by Cam and an even better run by Tolbert after the catch. A first down is a first down. Then Cam completes 9 yard pass to Hixon and Stewart runs for a first down the next play. Two plays later on second down Cam completes a 19 yard pass to Steve  Smith. A couple plays later, Cam is sacked for a big loss but gets back 12 yards to Steve Smith putting them into a favorable field goal attempt that Gano just missed. 

Third drive Shula called two running plays that set us up for third and short but Cam's pass was batted down at the line of scrimmage. Just a good play by the defensive linemen. However, we moved the rock just enough to continue winning the battle of field position.

Fourth Quarter:

Now I just know you have an agenda because you flat out BSed some stats here. First drive Cam took a sack on a crucial down but completed a pass to Steve Smith, not a run like you claimed, to get us back into FG range which would ultimately be the game winner from 53 yards out. Nice try bro. That was a heads up play by Cam to realize the down and distance and where we were on the field. He checked it down, opting for the high % pass, knowing it would put Gano in position to make a field goal and he did just that.

Second drive Cam completes an 11 yard pass to Ginn that moves us in SF territory. Cam opts to run on third and long and doesn't convert but the field position battle has already been won and we down the ball on their 1 yard line and force them to try and drive the ball on our defense 99 yards.

Third possession of the quarter Cam completes a big third down to Steve Smith that ultimately allowed us to take an additional 1:30 off the clock and force SF to burn all three of their timeouts while continuing to win the field position battle in a low scoring defensive battle.

Fourth possession of the quarter...victory formation...kneel down...ball game.

So, what really occurred and which you failed to address in your "analysis" was that Cam completed some big throws on both first and second down as well as third down. He also made some huge throws and managed the game well-enough that we dominated the field position battle in the second half. We pinned SF deep in their own territory time and time again because he helped move the ball well enough to do so. That is huge in a low-scoring defensive game. You also just lied about one crucial stat in an attempt to conform to your own agenda. There was no run on third down that put us in position to win the ball game with a field goal. It was a Cam Newton pass to Steve Smith and it ultimately led directly to the kick that won the game. Sorry Fat Alice, looking at strictly third downs while ignoring what he did prior to third downs and field position doesn't win you any awards in this debate. 

#84 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,187 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

I did watch the game. Looking up Play-by-Play drive summaries and cherry picking only third downs tell me you did not.

Dude I'm definitely not going to read all that. You specifically mentioned Cam on 3rd down in 2nd half, I went and listed every single 3rd down in 2nd half just like you said, and your response starts with "and cherry picking only 3rd downs"! Seriously, I just went by what you said. I'm done killing time anyway, I have a client to meet up with and it's finally time. Go ahead and make whatever point you want, Cam had his lowest QBR of his career in a win and lowered the teams chance to win, EPSN said it, I just agreed, take up your disagreement with them.

#85 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,335 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

Dude I'm definitely not going to read all that. You specifically mentioned Cam on 3rd down in 2nd half, I went and listed every single 3rd down in 2nd half just like you said, and your response starts with "and cherry picking only 3rd downs"! Seriously, I just went by what you said. I'm done killing time anyway, I have a client to meet up with and it's finally time. Go ahead and make whatever point you want, Cam had his lowest QBR of his career in a win and lowered the teams chance to win, EPSN said it, I just agreed, take up your disagreement with them.

I know you aren't going to read all that because quite frankly it shatters everything you have always stood for on this board. You just so happened to blatantly BS the one stat/play of the game that led to us kicking a game winning field goal. The premise of my initial post was that Cam's play in the second half was clutch at crucial times and on crucial downs and allowed us to kick a game winning field goal and dominate the field position battle. Forgive me if I happened to type third downs rather than all downs. Interesting that you now have a client to meet up with after arguing semantics and nonsense all morning and afternoon long and then finally when you're exposed you leave the thread. At one point your narrative was "omgz guys stats don't matterz its all about da winz!" Now you resort to stats and ignore the fact we won. 

Good day. 

#86 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,077 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

Dude I'm definitely not going to read all that.

ironic

#87 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,571 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Dude I'm definitely not going to read all that.

now you know what people say when you write all your fat in fat about fat.

#88 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,397 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:30 PM

ironic

That's his way of saying "Damn I'm wrong.  They got me."

Go ahead and reply with one of your 100,000 word retorts Pat.  I'm sure everyone is dying to not read it.

#89 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,571 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

How about at end of game when two fumbles almost cost the game with one of them actually in Whitners arms for a second?

how bout that time when the only reason the stains went to the super bowl was because of an unforced adrian peterson fumble?  we were lucky to recover as you were lucky just to even get to a super bowl.

#90 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

how bout that time when the only reason the stains went to the super bowl was because of an unforced adrian peterson fumble?  we were lucky to recover as you were lucky just to even get to a super bowl.

I thought it was because they got away with hits on Farve later than the bride at a shotgun wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com