Photo
- - - - -

Looking at NE. How will we fare against Brady if the front can't get any pressure?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 janderson20vt

janderson20vt

Double Bubble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

Well we haven't played a high powered passing attack like this one yet. I expect them to use quick 3 step drops to slowdown the pressure of our front 4. With reduced pressure I can easily see Brady picking us apart, especially with Bilicheat getting 2 weeks to prepare. We might actually need our offense to win this game for us. Good thing is that their run D is pretty laughable without big ol' wilfork. Thoughts?

#2 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

well noone will fare well against anyone with no pressure.  the question is, will our interior rush be in his face on those three step drop backs?

#3 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

I think offense will have to put up at least 24-27 to win this game...

#4 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

No defense does well if they can't get pressure on the QB.

But I think our D is up to the task.

#5 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,096 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

You have to remember we are a top running team and the pats don't have 2 starting DTs... I mean chris ivory took it 34 times on them.. chris ivory.. imagine our backfield going at them.

#6 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,822 posts

and i think our offense puts up a good performance while the entire nation is watching.

#7 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

This is why our defense is playing so well. Our corners are VERY physical and excel in press coverage off the line. Remember, we no longer have Norman giving 80 yard cushions at the snap. If they play 3 step drops all game then White, Captain, and Florence - not to mention TD and Keek - are going to be busting their soft receivers in the mouth over and over again at the line. 

When those don't work they'll go shotgun and 5-7 step drops and we know what happens then - sack lunches for everyone. 

Of course, we won't shut down their offense entirely, though it's not out of the realm of possibility, but don't expect the Pats to put up obscene numbers. I doubt they score more than 20. 

#8 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

Yeah i think the Pats game will be more about the Offense than Defense

#9 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

With Dwan back, and Star being the best rookie in the league, plus KK's presence and an occasional blitz from God knows where, we have the formula to slow down Brady and this super west coast  short passing team.  We will make their receivers look like the rookies they are

#10 General_Purr

General_Purr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

keep brady off the field and score points on every drive we can take it

#11 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

Brady is notoriously good against blitzes...so what pressure we can get on him has to come from our front four.

#12 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,577 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Arguably best O-Line in the league. Will be a challenge for sure.

#13 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,729 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

idk but our offense needs to be efficient as fug and score a couple of touchdowns. we can't realistically expect our defense to shut opponents down week in and week out.

#14 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

The quick three step drops is a great way to take away our pass rush.  The problem with doing that aganst our defense, is we have players who don't miss tackles and the patriots have a ton of unproven talent at WR.  Luke and TD absolutely clean everything up, which makes those three step drops turn into 2-3 yard pass gains.

The key will be stopping Ridley and forcing brady into 3rd and 7yards+.  If we do that, we get to him and put him on the ground.

This defense is made to stop an offense like New England (see New Orleans and Atlanta last year).  Negate the run game, pressure the passer, and hit the QB. 

#15 tondi

tondi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

If Brady has all day they will score a lot of points. Brady hates getting hit however so we need to smack him around a little bit. Otherwise he will be completely content to dink and dunk his way down the field all night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.