Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking at NE. How will we fare against Brady if the front can't get any pressure?

96 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well we haven't played a high powered passing attack like this one yet. I expect them to use quick 3 step drops to slowdown the pressure of our front 4. With reduced pressure I can easily see Brady picking us apart, especially with Bilicheat getting 2 weeks to prepare. We might actually need our offense to win this game for us. Good thing is that their run D is pretty laughable without big ol' wilfork. Thoughts?

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

well noone will fare well against anyone with no pressure.  the question is, will our interior rush be in his face on those three step drop backs?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think offense will have to put up at least 24-27 to win this game...

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

No defense does well if they can't get pressure on the QB.

But I think our D is up to the task.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

You have to remember we are a top running team and the pats don't have 2 starting DTs... I mean chris ivory took it 34 times on them.. chris ivory.. imagine our backfield going at them.

Posted · Report post

and i think our offense puts up a good performance while the entire nation is watching.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

This is why our defense is playing so well. Our corners are VERY physical and excel in press coverage off the line. Remember, we no longer have Norman giving 80 yard cushions at the snap. If they play 3 step drops all game then White, Captain, and Florence - not to mention TD and Keek - are going to be busting their soft receivers in the mouth over and over again at the line. 

When those don't work they'll go shotgun and 5-7 step drops and we know what happens then - sack lunches for everyone. 

Of course, we won't shut down their offense entirely, though it's not out of the realm of possibility, but don't expect the Pats to put up obscene numbers. I doubt they score more than 20. 

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yeah i think the Pats game will be more about the Offense than Defense

Posted · Report post

With Dwan back, and Star being the best rookie in the league, plus KK's presence and an occasional blitz from God knows where, we have the formula to slow down Brady and this super west coast  short passing team.  We will make their receivers look like the rookies they are

Posted · Report post

keep brady off the field and score points on every drive we can take it

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Brady is notoriously good against blitzes...so what pressure we can get on him has to come from our front four.

Posted · Report post

Arguably best O-Line in the league. Will be a challenge for sure.