Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bad Football

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#46 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Not hard to name 10 good teams... if you're talking about the total year anyway... if you're talking about any given week, then sure, lots of slopiness.

but imo there's 10 good teams easily this year.

#47 jfo89

jfo89

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

Right now I would say there are only 8 teams in the NFL playing good football.
3 in the AFC and 5 in the NFC.
AFC: Patriots, Broncos, Chiefs
NFC: Seahawks, 49ers, Lions, Saints, Panthers.
I honestly think the Panthers and Seahawks are playing the best football right now. The broncos offense is great, but their defense is nothing special. The saints are similar. I can't wait for our games against the saints to see how our d plays. Hell I can't wait to see how well the saints do against the 49ers this week.

#48 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

Moderators

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

I enjoyed our win tremendously.  

But if we want to continue to be on this list we have to fix laying the ball on the ground and expecting our defense to fix things.

And special teams / punt returns need extra reps on short punts and clearing the area in front of receiver.

#49 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

The NFC East is going to be won by a bad team. That's a given.

Same can likely be said of the AFC North. Maybe the South too.

If we do have to settle for a wildcard spot then we need to aim for the 5th seed cause that means we get to play the 4th seed which will end up brig the NFC east champs. That's as easy of a playoff game as we will get.

#50 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

Not hard to name 10 good teams... if you're talking about the total year anyway... if you're talking about any given week, then sure, lots of slopiness.

but imo there's 10 good teams easily this year.

I look at it just the opposite.

I'd say on a given Sunday, you might find ten teams playing good games.  But if you asked me to name ten teams that have played consistently good football - win or lose - over the entire course of the season, I'm not sure I could.

Five or six, maybe.  But when you get past that, you start reaching.

If we do have to settle for a wildcard spot then we need to aim for the 5th seed cause that means we get to play the 4th seed which will end up brig the NFC east champs. That's as easy of a playoff game as we will get.

Makes sense, and could happen.

#51 IGSaint

IGSaint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

meh, we faced the best defense the 2nd best defense in the nfc and could of gotten more points if it wasn't for the drops and pressure from the o-line. You do remember we scored 30+ points for 4 straight games prior to the 49ers right?

#52 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

meh, we faced the best defense the 2nd best defense in the nfc and could of gotten more points if it wasn't for the drops and pressure from the o-line. You do remember we scored 30+ points for 4 straight games prior to the 49ers right?

No I get that but if we don't get the division that's the best case scenario