Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you be opposed to a Julio Jones type draft day trade for a stud WR?

78 posts in this topic

Posted

If we are picking in the mid to late 20s, would you be opposed to a blockbuster draft day trade for say a Sammy Watkins or the top WR of that draft? Our D is set, we dont need anymore pieces aside from mid level depth we can just get on the cheap in FA. Yes O line is a concern but we are in DESPERATE need for a true playmakimg WR and if Sammy Watkins owns the combine and pro day, I dont think I would be opposed to it. We have the best backfield in the NFL, we have our franchise QB, we can build the O line through mid level FAs and later in the draft. What we are lacking in a huge way is a true stud WR.

If we make it to the playoffs, and with virtually no glaring holes on the defense, I say Gettleman should pull the trigger to put us over the top. Im thinking maybe a 1st and 2nd, or maybe more if their is a good enough WR.

1 person likes this

Posted

No more trading up.

8 people like this

Posted

Yes. If anything as panther fans, we have learned that you do not trade draft picks.

Look at how that worked out for Atlanta right now. They have no depth on defense.

Look at San Fran. They collected draft picks and built thier stud oline.

The pats do the same thing.

Collect picks, don't trade them

3 people like this

Posted

I would be very apposed. Those 3rd/4th round picks are gold for mining Guards and rotation players.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes I would.

And by all indications, so would Dave Gettleman.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes id be against it. Look at the rookies we have producing. We need Oline help too. The draft looks magical right now and we haven't even seen of kug can play. Let getts pick multiple good players

1 person likes this

Posted

If the Falcons were winning right now you would have a much better debate.

2 people like this

Posted

Just stop posting... Just STOP POSTING!

3 people like this

Posted

yes the Falcons looked like geniuses in the short term by drafting Julio but it was a band-aid strategy........also at the minimum they got an absolute stud in Julio. Can you imagine the fallout if we whiffed on that wide-out?

Posted

Utterly and totally opposed.

We have too many needs at OL and at WR to be trading picks away.  Even future picks.

That JJ trade sure has worked out well for the Falcan'ts defensive and offensive lines, hasn't it?

1 person likes this

Posted

I would probably be a terrible general manager, but if I were I would always s be stockpiling picks. I want more picks not less. Especially in the middle rounds.

I would almost never trade picks unless I got more picks than I gave up.

One caveat would be for a QB.

2 people like this