Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Would you be opposed to a Julio Jones type draft day trade for a stud WR?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,655 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

have you noticed our line? you want to get Cam killed eventually?

#32 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,916 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

The days of trading away the future for projects is over. The time to maximize your investment in a shortened amount of time is upon us. So yes, I would be very opposed to this ridiculous Ideal. We are not a desperate football team anymore. The offensive line needs more help than ever, getting a #1 wide out, while it is a need, is not smart when your line is in shambles. Cure the line first, then get a WR.

You can get a decent WR with potential to be a #1 as late as the 3rd round. We still have a second round pick and the depth of WR this coming year is deep. There are a lot of quality play makers coming out. So just hang on and trust in Gettleman.

#33 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

gman will not trade giants hardly ever traded

#34 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

If there is a AJ Green in this draft, i would absloutely do it.

#35 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

Good time to review Gettleman's offseason philosophy...

Fill immediate needs in free agency so that you can be free to select the best player available on draft day.

Gettleman has also stated that he is opposed to reaching for need in the draft.

#36 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,109 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

Not me. I say we pick the best TE and run a stud offense through two-TE sets. New England was unstoppable with Hernandez and Gronk, and Jimmy Graham is far and away the best weapon for Brees. So I say yea, draft a WR, but tight ends are where it's at now, outside of a Megatron type guy. You can draft them later, and when it comes time to re-sign them, they are cheaper too. A godsend for a team that has some BIG contracts coming up over the horizon.

#37 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

But look at the Rams, had a million picks and are still stuck in the mud. I still think Atlanta did the right thing trading for Julio, he is a franchise WR and a rare talent. Drafting in the mid-late 20s very rarely do you get a playmaker that high.

Once again, it all comes down to what you do with those picks, stop thinking scouts are right all the time and a team gets good players just based on the round they are picked.  You're going full retard with your idea that player makers are only found in the first 20 picks of each draft...I guess Tom Brady, Priest Holmes, Vincent Jackson, Terrell Owens, Steve Smith, Desean Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Gronkowski, and Wes Welker are "super rare" playmakers because they aren't top 20 picks.

#38 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

The days of trading away the future for projects is over. The time to maximize your investment in a shortened amount of time is upon us. So yes, I would be very opposed to this ridiculous Ideal. We are not a desperate football team anymore. The offensive line needs more help than ever, getting a #1 wide out, while it is a need, is not smart when your line is in shambles. Cure the line first, then get a WR.
You can get a decent WR with potential to be a #1 as late as the 3rd round. We still have a second round pick and the depth of WR this coming year is deep. There are a lot of quality play makers coming out. So just hang on and trust in Gettleman.

That has been our problem, drafting WRs in later rounds. We need a stud WR in the 1st round, its time.

#39 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,449 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Draft a stud WR by trading away our entire draft just to not be able to sign him because of our cap situation? No thanks. We need depth and skill at the line. Period. Find a gem in the 5th round maybe?? Haha. That's our best bet. Or a veteran. The corps we have now could be better, but it will suffice so that we don't trade up for any big time receiver.

#40 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

The days of trading away the future for projects is over.

And thank God for that :D

#41 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

I am hoping for it. A lot can happen but I think its the one missing link from us competing for Super Bowls... that is if Rivera is truly figured it out as HC.

#42 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,001 posts
  • LocationNC

Yes, I'd be HUGELY opposed.

Terrible idea.

#43 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

That has been our problem, drafting WRs in later rounds. We need a stud WR in the 1st round, its time.

And we may be able to get one.

But NOT by making a foolish trade.

#44 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

Good Lord some of you are stupid.  To even suggest such a thing shows your lack of knowledge in football matters.  Thanks God you aren't our GM.

I bet you would have agreed with Mike Ditka trading his entire draft for Ricky Williams...

#45 calipanther

calipanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

No.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com