Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trollbert

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Panthers in all black uniforms and get out the James Brown song with the same name as what you could call Tolbert then..........

The Night Train..........

James Brown......."All aboard the night train!"

yup..........destination......... right to the top of the NFC South and the playoffs.............

BTW.........the Bettis comparison is relevant but let me tell you......the quads and gluts on Tolbert are the most massive I've ever seen on a running back..........any running back ever.

The fact he is short and low to the ground with that size gives him huge leverage for strength.........

As a weight lifter for 40 yrs and knowing top Olympic lifters and power lifters I can tell you that the seat of all strength in a human is not in the upper body but the legs and ass..........

Tolbert is built to plow through anyone who doesn't have that size or leverage.........

Posted

Marty Hurney WTF?" when we signed him, cause we all thought, "Oh No! Overcrowded backfield alert". 

I never thought that at all i had no problem with signing the best fullback in the league

Posted

I never thought that at all i had no problem with signing the best fullback in the league

Agreed. A FB Is not a RB. I loved the signing and had always been a big fan of Tolbert.
1 person likes this

Posted

I've never seen such a big stocky powerful back......be considered close to being a scatback which is what I view Tolbert as.  He actually has break away speed, and the ability to make people miss, but he's one of the most powerful backs I've seen. (Then again we have a good history of powerful backs on the Panthers.)

Posted

Agreed. A FB Is not a RB. I loved the signing and had always been a big fan of Tolbert.

Yeah he is just a baller plain and simple

Posted

Wonder if he got a letter this week for lowering his head on Reid.

I hope not cuz its a dumb rule

It is a new rule this year however and mike lowered his head and straight trucked Eric Reid.

A thing of beauty.

Forgive if discussed elsewhere

Posted

Tolbert is easily one of my favorite Panthers.

Posted

Wonder if he got a letter this week for lowering his head on Reid.

I hope not cuz its a dumb rule

It is a new rule this year however and mike lowered his head and straight trucked Eric Reid.

A thing of beauty.

Forgive if discussed elsewhere

Look at the GIF above. Reid lowered his head MUCH more than Tolbert.

I don't know if Reid is lacking in fear or brains, but it didnt end well.

Posted

I'm down with the best FB in the league.

Posted

I love Tolbert a.k.a. Tons of Fun. Turned out to be a great pick up for us and I hope he stays.

Posted

Look at the GIF above. Reid lowered his head MUCH more than Tolbert.

--- sure, looks like it but that has nothing to do with the rule.  Its not who goes lowest.  A runner can no longer lower his head and target a would-be tackler.  It's a terrible rule and I have not even heard of it being called yet this year but if they did not call it here I cannot see where they ever would.   Thus I was curious about him receiving a letter (fine) since obviously there was no call on the field.

Posted

The one thing that separates our run game from the other is the dimension and the depth we have in the backfield   .....Tolbert being a huge contributor .. in short yardage, special team , blocking & recovering key Fumbles....I hope we build on our run game next year.

The run game is going to be  the key on the offense if we want to make it to the playoffs & make a deep run!

Folks will tell you it is a passing league, and for the most part that is correct. But to score points, you need to be able to run the ball. We score a lot of points, and we just happen to run the ball well. Coinky dinky? I think not.

We can still beat you without a running game, but only because the threat is still there. You have to respect the run, which opens up play-action, and those quick intermediate routes. Hey, Cam is pretty good at those throws. So in theory, we win both ways.

To win a Championship you need a Franchise QB, a great Defense, and an effective running attack. And low and behold, we are on the verge of being in that conversation. All because of that gagillion dollar backfield of ours. Nice to see a return on that investment.

I've never seen such a big stocky powerful back......be considered close to being a scatback which is what I view Tolbert as.  He actually has break away speed, and the ability to make people miss, but he's one of the most powerful backs I've seen. (Then again we have a good history of powerful backs on the Panthers.)

I wouldn't exactly call him twinkle toes, but for I guy with his dimensions, he is surprisingly nimble.