Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Getting Defensive - New England Patriots

71 posts in this topic

Sacks will win the game on Defense>

Running the ball with touch downs win on Offense>

Well, I woke with the challenge of a hot poop. Dealing with it. Wheres SCP to talk me through

Guys...it's Watt, not Watts...how have 3 people messed that up so far?

So let me get this straight...your #4 WR (Thompkins) is so dominant that he literally gets about 0 playing time in the past several games, and he's gonna go off on us this week? Do you watch your own team? And your backup RT is such a beast that he dominated JJ "Watts" twice (the reigning DPOY) and he's just sitting there rotting away on your bench?

I've never seen someone overhype a bunch of scrubs like this guy here...that'd be like if we warned him about Domenik Hixon going HAM this Monday.

Reality is, the only way the Pats can be successful in shutting down the running game is by taking a 2 score lead. They've just lost too much of their starting D to stuff the running attack of jsut about any team, never mind one with two good RBs.

They have to force the Panthers to throw the ball to keep up and not allow clock-killing drives.

If the Pats go into the 4th qtr behind or with a slim lead, I think the Panthers very likely grind out a win.

This.

We've been successfully running it lately, and JStew is looking useful. They had a similar amount of carries last game, IIRC... Run the ball, eat up the clock, prevent Brady getting it, and when he does.. demolish him.

Is it just me or is this Trenches guy reminding yall of LetsGoATL too?

I mean, his confidence just isn't backed. We thought our WRs dropped passes? Big game for 3 receivers? This guy is losing it. I'm not saying its gonna be a blowout, but he has WAY too much confidence. .....but then again, so did SF & ATL fans.

1 person likes this

The only thing that sucks about playing the patriots is that if our defense comes anywhere close to the NFLs golden boy Tom Brady, there will be 15 yards penalties all game long on bullshit calls. We'll have to be really careful but hopefully they'll call a fair game

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

There's alot of eyes on a Monday Nighter, so I don't think we'll have to worry about this that much

Maybe I should hold off on this but I found this interesting.

vs. #1 WR

DVOA   Rk   Pa/G   Yd/G

8 NE -35.3%    1        7.6     52.0

#2 WR

DVOA   Rk   Pa/G   Yd/G

41.6%    32    6.8    58.0

Other WR

DVOA   Rk   Pa/G   Yd/G

8.7%     20     7.5     56.0

TE

DVOA   Rk   Pa/G   Yd/G

-15.9%   8      8.3     56.0

RB

DVOA   Rk   Pa/G   Yd/G

0.1%     19      7.8     46.7

This is the pass defense numbers from Football Outsiders for the Pats this year.  As you can tell Talib does a really good job.  But whoever is covering your #2 receiver must just suck something awful.  Lefall and Ginn could be in for a big game.

Also since Mayo is out for the rest of the year I expect those numbers for the TE and RB to go down.

Well, I woke with the challenge of a hot poop. Dealing with it. Wheres SCP to talk me through

I'm working through my own issues this morning. I've been on the John so long my legs are now asleep. How am I gonna limp past the secretary without her laughing?

1 person likes this

I've been on the John so long my legs are now asleep.

God I hate when that happens.

I'm working through my own issues this morning. I've been on the John so long my legs are now asleep. How am I gonna limp past the secretary without her laughing?

You know whats worse?

When your in a public bathroom and your farts are amplified by the toilet bowl, and echos throughout the building.

1 person likes this