You guys are so bias and high off of your little winning streak just because you beat a team with a great defense but no offense and a second year qb in Kaepernick that is average without his weapon Vernon Davis and now you are world beaters? Have not faced a qb all year like Tom Brady except Drew Brees .. but Drew Brees is no Tom Brady. A swollen hand for weeks, hurt players all around him, chemistry lacking earlier on, new faces and still 7-2. Now healthy throwing hand, healthy offense around him, chemistry complete and one of his top weapons returning and you guys have no clue. A great defense is nothing without an offense that cannot put up points when they're in shoot out games..because you ARE NOT going to have a shutdown defense every Sunday or Monday. And Danny wasn't knocked out of last game, see he survived and burned some *ss while at it. And you act like our backups years past have not faced an all-pro lineman. Last year Marcus Cannon went up against J.J Watts twice, and dominated both games. Is Charles Johnson superior to J.J Watts, I dare you to say he is.. And if Gronk has beaten both Navarro Bowman and Patrick Willis in the past for two touchdowns then why can't he do it against Carolina. Luke is great, but so is Bowman and Willis. Great defense vs Great offense in this game, and these days if you don't have a quarterback you don't win it all. This is an offensive and quarterback driven league now...
There is a lot of fail in this post but I am just going to point out a few.
- You guys have one good game against one of the worst defenses in the league and now you guys are "back baby!". Except most of those same guys played against the Dolphins also and your offense still looked very average with 252 total yards and 100 yards passing. Against the team that just got beat by the fugging Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- JJ Watt is a great player, but he plays DE in a 3-4 scheme so it is a different kind of animal. Watt is more of an interior lineman. But even so, it isn't just dealing with Charles Johnson. Watt may be a better player than Johnson. But you also have to deal with Greg Hardy, Star, Short, Edwards, all who have been really good this year. We have a great front 4 and great depth on that front 4.
- Gronk is great. We play Jimmy Graham and Tony Gonzalez 4 games a year. We are not strangers to HOF caliber TEs.
- And if great offenses win Super Bowls, why haven't you guys ever won one when Brady throws more than 28 TDs in a season? In the three Super Bowls you guys have won, Brady threw 18, 23, and 28 TDs respectively.
- Oh yeah, the three years you guys won Super Bowls, your defense was ranked 6th, 1st, and 2nd respectively in points allowed.
- Two of your Super Bowl years the Patriots ranked in the bottom half of the NFL in total offense (19th in 2001, 17th in 2003)
- Our offense "cannot put up points". We have scored 30 points or more in 5 games this season. You guys have done it only 3 times. You have only reached 30 points once on the road all season against a terrible Falcon's defense. We have only been held under 30 points at home once all season, and that was against the Seahawks, arguably the best defense in the NFL.
I could probably keep going but you get the picture. Point being, is that New England is a really good team, so are we. NFL is a finicky league. It is a game that can go any which way. Brady is one of the best in the NFL, and he may have a hot hand against us. Our defense is really good and he could have a game like he did against Cincy, or Miami.
But our confidence isn't being cocky, it is just simply looking at facts.