Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

True Grit

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

How long do you cook a grit?

[yt] [/yt]

Posted · Report post

totally agreed. they've got the "it" factor right now. people have trouble saying what "it" is, well i guess in this instance "it" is grit. they've got talent and fight in them...but it isn't just fight, these guys are scrappy. 

the offense is still lagging behind the defense, but if the past couple years are any indicator of what is to come, i think the second half of the season we will see more from the offense. it always takes them a while to find their groove, esp on the OL.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

and yeah....i'm hungry now.

when i eat my spicy korean and thai ramen noodles, i always put grits in them just to give them a bit more substance. grits are awesome. very versatile food.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We've tried our hardest to fumble away these last couple games, scared the hell out of me

Posted · Report post

A case could be made that the grit was there all along. What's changed is we are finally catching some breaks.

Donald fumbles in Falcons game and it bounces right back to him.

Stewart and Cam both lose the ball but we are able to recover.

Scott Fowler tweeted that the Panthers have won eight straight coin tosses, after losing 13 in a row last season.

Maybe Lady Luck is on our side now.

The year we went to the Super Bowl we caught a large number of breaks. Blocked extra point here for the win. Last second field goal there for the win. That's what it takes to make it to the Super Bowl. Great play but also good luck. We are finally getting some.

Posted · Report post

Now that's an article worth coming back for.  A very good assessment.

Posted · Report post

Zod you're on the field, so I'd like your comment here, but I see a whole lot of that kind of thing from Keek.

Seems that he's gotten more and more vocal on the field... I see him slapping butts and helmets after big hits and really being a great leader on the D.  Mitchell has added to this too and they really have a swagger on the field now.

Obviously having a coach that has the same mentality is awesome too... I was really down on Rivera but he's really turned me around.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Team takes on the personality of the coach, so when the coach gets pissed off and aggressive the team follows suit... it's been LONG overdue. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

We were also lacking a great defensive tackle.  Rivera got us two. (Not that Dwan hasn't been great by the way)

Posted · Report post

I get my grits from Cracker Barrel.

Posted · Report post

Scrimp n grits
1 person likes this