Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

Beason Stills Seems Miffed

fieryprophet    6,860

http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/story/the-get-jon-beason-part-i-20131112

Implies that Hurney wouldn't have traded him, and makes it sound like Rivera surprised him with the trade. Speaks highly of Jerry Richardson, and talks about his regrets of not winning consistently.

I understand that Beason is an extremely proud player, but unless that conversation between him and Rivera never happened then he had no reason to be surprised by the trade. And he wasn't going to see the field at MLB while Kuechly was healthy, so. . .

Marguide    3,357

It's not RR's or DG's fault that Jon got hurt. He made a ton of money for 2+ years sitting in the trainer's room or on the bench.

It may be true that Hurney wouldn't have traded him. Excessive loyalty to the detriment of the team was his greatest flaw.

hepcat    4,702

Answer me this Jon Beason...would you rather sit on the bench for the Panthers?  Or start for the Giants?  You're a football player and of course you want to play.  So is this really an issue?  Seems to me Gettleman did you a solid.

frash.exe    10,837

Yea who does gettleman think he is running this franchise like it's a football team and not some rehabilitation sanctuary for players where IRed guys can rest assured they will be comfortably overpaid as long as Hurney picked them himself and they had like one breakout year at least or something

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Joehillttc