Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT SPECULATION/NEWS THREAD

608 posts in this topic

I still like Noah Vonleh a lot. He's a bit raw, but played very well in the first half vs. MSU last night: 13pts 13rebs.

He's built very similar to Chris Bosh and I really see some similarities in his game to Bosh.

Such a stacked draft if everyone comes out. 3 firsts would be great. Now to secure a top 5 pick. Imagine getting #1 pick in this draft...damn. I bet we win just enough to miss out on the top tier players by picking 8 or later.

1 person likes this

Such a stacked draft if everyone comes out. 3 firsts would be great. Now to secure a top 5 pick. Imagine getting #1 pick in this draft...damn. I bet we win just enough to miss out on the top tier players by picking 8 or later.

It looks like we are going to make the playoffs, if Detroit goes on a slide we may only have the late first from Portland..

1 person likes this

It looks like we are going to make the playoffs, if Detroit goes on a slide we may only have the late first from Portland..

we better not fugn make the playoffs.

1 person likes this

Listen to yourselves....lol. 

I want to win.  We need to win.  If we're trying to put ourselves in a situation where we can attract FA's it helps to be good going into the rebrand season.  We'll still have opportunities to draft some good players.  Right now Al Jefferson is playing at an all star level and our team is showing growth.  Why should we stunt their growth and hurt their futures just to place our faith blindly into a couple of rookies?  College ball is full of paper lions.

The best way to build a team is through steady progression.  The teams that are successful are teams that have been together and have developed cohesiveness.  Theoretically if we tanked this year, and drafted several high draft picks it would still take a couple of years for them to develop.  It's not like we tank and we're in the finals next year.  I don't feel like waiting around 3 to 4 years before we're any good.  Life is short, time's not guaranteed.

The biggest thing is out of the top 10 picks in the last 10 drafts how many are actually superstar game changing type players maybe 2 or 3 in the top 10 every year or heck sometimes just 1 . We have no luck in the lottery if were gonna hit on a guy it needs to be the 10 -15  guy and have him pan out. 

The biggest thing is out of the top 10 picks in the last 10 drafts how many are actually superstar game changing type players maybe 2 or 3 in the top 10 every year or heck sometimes just 1 . We have no luck in the lottery if were gonna hit on a guy it needs to be the 10 -15  guy and have him pan out. 

You gotta be kidding me?

Let's aim for the 10-15 range! lmfao

Listen to yourselves....lol. 

I want to win.  We need to win.  If we're trying to put ourselves in a situation where we can attract FA's it helps to be good going into the rebrand season.  We'll still have opportunities to draft some good players.  Right now Al Jefferson is playing at an all star level and our team is showing growth.  Why should we stunt their growth and hurt their futures just to place our faith blindly into a couple of rookies?  College ball is full of paper lions.

The best way to build a team is through steady progression.  The teams that are successful are teams that have been together and have developed cohesiveness.  Theoretically if we tanked this year, and drafted several high draft picks it would still take a couple of years for them to develop.  It's not like we tank and we're in the finals next year.  I don't feel like waiting around 3 to 4 years before we're any good.  Life is short, time's not guaranteed.

If we keep winning, is there a chance that Lebron or Melo will come here?

If we keep winning, is there a chance that Lebron or Melo will come here?

they wouldnt come here if we were the best team in the league we arent a big market marquee destination where people dream of living like miami ny la

they wouldnt come here if we were the best team in the league we arent a big market marquee destination where people dream of living like miami ny la

Thanks for the answer that I already knew.

Some fans just dont get it. Other than the big name players, there's no other free agent that is good enough to come in and help turn this franchise around.

We need damn draft picks.

2 people like this

I don't want to either but it looks like MJ is still an idiot.

I don't want to either but it looks like MJ is still an idiot.

he needs to fire himself

1 person likes this