Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DRAFT SPECULATION/NEWS THREAD

608 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just my opinion based off of what I've seen, but I feel like Parker, Smart, and Randle have separated themselves from the pack right now.

Posted · Report post

Just my opinion based off of what I've seen, but I feel like Parker, Smart, and Randle have separated themselves from the pack right now.

yeah in the college ranks you can do that but the NBA is looking for your athleticism, skill, and mostb importantly POTENTIAL. If pure performance transferred to the nba then tyler hansborough would have been a #1 pick and an allstar by now

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

take jabari if you want a player thats going to be a consistent 20pt guy throughout his career, take a wiggins who is a development project similar to LeBron. This kid wiggins is on god level with athleticism and he can be a first balad hall of famer. Ask kevin durant

Lebron James, "development project"

I guess thats one way to describe the most NBA-ready player to ever come straight from high school

Posted · Report post

1. Wiggins
2. Parker
3. Randle
4. Smart
5. Idgaf

Agree from a NBA future standpoint. I still think that Wiggins will be the best player out this draft but based on college performance right now Parker, Randle and Smart have outplayed Wiggins.

Posted · Report post

Lebron James, "development project"

I guess thats one way to describe the most NBA-ready player to ever come straight from high school

im talking about he had to develop and polish his game and especially jumpshot. Just like wiggins he was nba ready because he was a god athletecism wise and his body was ready, but his all aroundvgame wasnt, he was getting 20pt a game off of athleticism

Posted · Report post

wiggins can shoot and dribble... where have u been... he might not shoot as well as jabari yet but he will develop a jumper

I've watched every game so far of Kansas including preseason. Watched all all-star games and many high school games of Wiggins. His only offense is a nice spin move and he seems to have developed a bit of a step-back jumper. Outside of that, he can't do anything for himself.If the lane is not WIDE open, he will likely travel, lose the ball, shoot an airball, or pass it up.

Posted · Report post

I don't know if anyone watched Wiggins tonight against Villanova, but he was downright atrocious. 

He shot .375% from the field for a grand total of 10 points to go with his 3 rebounds.

He has too much Harrison Barnes in him.

Too much hype and not enough game.

Posted · Report post

I don't know if anyone watched Wiggins tonight against Villanova, but he was downright atrocious.

He shot .375% from the field for a grand total of 10 points to go with his 3 rebounds.

Speaking of Harrison Barnes I think had about 25 or 26 against the thunder. Wished we woulda took him.

But to the prospects. I remember watching the all American games and seeing all the prospects. The guy that clearly stood out to me was randle. He was just a better ball player. Never even seen wiggins do much. And now your seeing him and Parker start off strong. I still don't see what people see in wiggins. Can he be good and a all star one day... Of course. But the second coming of lebron or something like that? Idk. Just never understood that comparison.

Posted · Report post

Speaking of Harrison Barnes I think had about 25 or 26 against the thunder. Wished we woulda took him.

But to the prospects. I remember watching the all American games and seeing all the prospects. The guy that clearly stood out to me was randle. He was just a better ball player. Never even seen wiggins do much. And now your seeing him and Parker start off strong. I still don't see what people see in wiggins. Can he be good and a all star one day... Of course. But the second coming of lebron or something like that? Idk. Just never understood that comparison.

I missed that Warriors/Thunder game but Bill Voth was tweeting about it and said that Harrison had his best game yet as a Warrior.

I'm glad to see him doing well (albeit at the expense of Andre Iguodala getting hurt).

Hopefully Kendall can work himself back up the league too.

Posted · Report post

This fight as been had many, many times on this board and I'll say what I've always preached.

Until you land AT LEAST 1 superstar in the draft, especially in a small market, you won't win poo. Being a perennial 8 seed lands you in no man's land in the NBA. Basically, the Bucks. 

Give me the shot at the superstar, because time and time again, it's proven that you do not win in this league until you draft one. Making the playoffs would be fine and dandy and a welcome sight to Horncat fans...but it also sets the team back 5 years if they decide they're cool with being abused by the Pacers/Heat/Bulls every year in the first round and going home without anything. 

Not as bad as the Bucks, more like the Hawks.  To quote "Trailer Park Boys" more like the "ShiitHawks." Only problem is (no pun intended) there are more then one ways to skin a cat.  Boston and Miami both signed a version of "the big 3".  Memphis has done a good job of solid low key FA signings then supplemented nicely with the draft.   Ideally we need our FO to simultaneously have a great year in FA and in the draft.  We only get good if everything culminates at once.  Sort of like cooking a hot meal. I don't really advocated intentionally sucking, but we are one big off season away from being good.  

If we can grab a tall athletic guard that can shoot and another big man....hopefully Wiggins we are set.  But then we're going to sit here the next two seasons waiting for them to develop.   At some point you just gotta win.

I thinks this is a bad position for us Cat fans to be in.  At one point do we expect to win?

Posted · Report post

Barnes is a beast did u watch the playoffs last yr?

Posted · Report post

Not as bad as the Bucks, more like the Hawks. To quote "Trailer Park Boys" more like the "ShiitHawks." Only problem is (no pun intended) there are more then one ways to skin a cat. Boston and Miami both signed a version of "the big 3". Memphis has done a good job of solid low key FA signings then supplemented nicely with the draft. Ideally we need our FO to simultaneously have a great year in FA and in the draft. We only get good if everything culminates at once. Sort of like cooking a hot meal. I don't really advocated intentionally sucking, but we are one big off season away from being good.

If we can grab a tall athletic guard that can shoot and another big man....hopefully Wiggins we are set. But then we're going to sit here the next two seasons waiting for them to develop. At some point you just gotta win.

I thinks this is a bad position for us Cat fans to be in. At one point do we expect to win?

yeah be like memphis, get to 2nd round and conf finals but never to the finals.... id rather not be that type of team ill wait for a finals not settle for being an almost elite team

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

yeah be like memphis, get to 2nd round and conf finals but never to the finals.... id rather not be that type of team ill wait for a finals not settle for being an almost elite team

I understand your sentiments, and the reality is we're not going to be a dynasty anytime soon.  Like the Panthers lets just get relevant first then anything can happen.  I think we'd all agree we would be ecstatic with a series win.  If we can get a series win we could probably draw more enticing free agents.  I'd don't know though.....maybe most disagree with that.

Posted · Report post

Barnes is a beast did u watch the playoffs last yr?

He's certainly not what he was hyped up to be.

I'm a UNC fan, I would know.

Posted · Report post

Not as bad as the Bucks, more like the Hawks.  To quote "Trailer Park Boys" more like the "ShiitHawks." Only problem is (no pun intended) there are more then one ways to skin a cat.  Boston and Miami both signed a version of "the big 3".  Memphis has done a good job of solid low key FA signings then supplemented nicely with the draft.   Ideally we need our FO to simultaneously have a great year in FA and in the draft.  We only get good if everything culminates at once.  Sort of like cooking a hot meal. I don't really advocated intentionally sucking, but we are one big off season away from being good.  

If we can grab a tall athletic guard that can shoot and another big man....hopefully Wiggins we are set.  But then we're going to sit here the next two seasons waiting for them to develop.   At some point you just gotta win.

I thinks this is a bad position for us Cat fans to be in.  At one point do we expect to win?

Through trades (we don't have assets) or FA. They're big markets, who already had stars there to team up with others (Pierce/Wade). Not to mention the no tax thing in Miami. We can't skin the cat that way until we gain a lot more assets (through say, this draft). Thus, basically needing to get lucky and land a superstar where others may want to come join up. 

Posted · Report post

He's certainly not what he was hyped up to be.

I'm a UNC fan, I would know.

as am I, last time I checked when he was coming out experts saying he could never create shots in the nba and hes shown he can

Posted · Report post

I understand your sentiments, and the reality is we're not going to be a dynasty anytime soon. Like the Panthers lets just get relevant first then anything can happen. I think we'd all agree we would be ecstatic with a series win. If we can get a series win we could probably draw more enticing free agents. I'd don't know though.....maybe most disagree with that.

You cant attract free agents without star players which we dont have. We have 2 above average players in kemba and al. We arent going to attract anything without a star which there is many of in this upcoming draft. I think OKC is a model for what we need to do, build through the draft by drafting solid players and that one STAR. With that accomplished possibilities are endless.

Posted · Report post

$$k xk. L.p. ku hunting

Sent from my SCH-S738C using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

as am I, last time I checked when he was coming out experts saying he could never create shots in the nba and hes shown he can

He was supposed to be the next great player, yet other than that Clemson game he never did anything that made me say "wow, this kid is going to be an all-star."

Posted · Report post

Short but youre an idiot if you think that seeing a sample size of less than 20 games in a 82 game season has made you all knowing of whats going to happen

The 20 game sample size is enough to know there are more than 6 teams tanking and the Bobcats aren't one of them. But by your post above, doubt you can count to 6. At least I can do the math instead of having false hope.

Posted · Report post

The 20 game sample size is enough to know there are more than 6 teams tanking and the Bobcats aren't one of them. But by your post above, doubt you can count to 6. At least I can do the math instead of having false hope.

OK then lets get the 7th pick I dont give a fuck just get in the mix of the lottery... we've yet to have luck in the lottery and I promise it will come eventually.... the more we r there the more we have a shot to get lucky

Posted · Report post

So everyone is dreaming of an 8th seed team that gets swept in the playoffs???? That's what's being built right now if the bobcats don't get into the top part of the draft.

I don't agree with your pessimistic logic, when we are going to have the cap room after Ben Gordon comes off the books to go get another $10M guy next season to put with Al Jefferson, Kemba, Zeller, and MKG... and potentially be an 8th seed THIS season without them. I do not think Charlotte will ever be a perennial contender in a league where it has become necessary to have 3 all stars in order to compete, but we could be an 8th seed this year and are poised for steady improvement over the next 4-5 seasons.

You are looking one year down then road when you have to see further out. The Bobcats are building a team the right way and are doing so to have sustained success.

Posted · Report post

I don't agree with your pessimistic logic, when we are going to have the cap room after Ben Gordon comes off the books to go get another $10M guy next season to put with Al Jefferson, Kemba, Zeller, and MKG... and potentially be an 8th seed THIS season without them. I do not think Charlotte will ever be a perennial contender in a league where it has become necessary to have 3 all stars in order to compete, but we could be an 8th seed this year and are poised for steady improvement over the next 4-5 seasons.

You are looking one year down then road when you have to see further out. The Bobcats are building a team the right way and are doing so to have sustained success.

Zeller is worthless and MKG needs 2-3 years to be a solid threat on offense. You say you need 3 all stars to win… we don't even have one… So we need to acquire one through draft. we aren't going to acquire a #1 player/all star with 10mil. We need to acquire a player that will probably be an all star by his sophomore year with a top 3 pick and only pay him 4mil a year while doing so on a rookie contract.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

What legitimate free agent will come here to play? Big Al did but really? I can't see another star player wanting to come here with what we have atm. We have one "star" player worth keeping right now and that's Al. Unless we get one of these star players through the draft I don't MJ and Cho being able to sell any big name free agent to come here.

The smartest and the "right way" to build this team is to stick to the damn plans by tanking for a high lottery pick like the last two years and take one of those kids. The incorrect way is to miss out on the one damn draft that we should be tanking.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

yeah because all the elite teams like the Lakers, Spurs, Heat etc used the tanking method to build their championship teams.  There is no such thing as a sure bet with anyone that is drafted.  Tanking season after season to try and obtain the best college player is dumb.  Winning starts with a mindset, not the players.  You can win in this league with crappy players as long as you are getting the most out of those players and as long as those players have a winning mentality.  Free Agents did not want to play in charlotte because of the coaching staff.  Charlotte has one of the best staffs in the league now and which was a major contributor to why Al Jefferson signed here.  There will be other free agent signings come next year.  If charlotte wants Wiggens etc, the best way without sacrificing games would be to trade picks, and wouldnt you know it, charlotte has a stockpile of them over the next few years.

1 person likes this