Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT SPECULATION/NEWS THREAD

608 posts in this topic

I've spent the past three days studying everything I can find on the internet about Doug McDermott. I've also spent the past day researching Mitch McGary. McGary makes 10 times more sense than drafting McDermott and I don't even want McGary at #24... I feel like this is all smokescreen. Happens every year.

1 person likes this

I think McD could drop to the early teens

would much rather have Stauskas over McD, any day, or night. 

would much rather have Stauskas over McD, any day, or night. 

Hopefully both will not be a hornet by the end of tomorrow night

2 people like this

Rumors abound that Orlando is offering Cavs,  Affalo and their first two picks for number one pick.  Sounds like a sweet deal to me

1 person likes this

That is a sweet deal but if the Cavs want a shot at LBJ they can't take that deal because they are adding around $13 mil in salary to their roster.

1 person likes this

Wow this is a blessing. I got invited to PJ Harrisiton's draft party. Yall gone see me on ESPN

I am really trying to talk myself into thinking of Mcderm as a stretch four.  Maybe his offense at the 4 could outweigh his defensive deficiencies  

I understand why people don't love McDermott, but I don't get why they hate him. You don't want him at 9? That's fine, I get it. But some of you will seemingly be so torn up that you'll instantly hate the kid, the team and will meltdown over someone who's yet to play in the pros. There is not a single player they could take that would make me freak out like some of you plan too if we take McDermott (Which, fwiw, I don't think will happen).

I am really trying to talk myself into thinking of Mcderm as a stretch four. Maybe his offense at the 4 could outweigh his defensive deficiencies

Everybody wants to whine about his defense. Do u know who played defense for us at pf last year. Mcroberts. So McDermott can't be any worse IMO

Everybody wants to whine about his defense. Do u know who played defense for us at pf last year. Mcroberts. So McDermott can't be any worse IMO

Well, I am not whining.  It is a concern.  

I just think people get their expectations out of whack when thinking about value at #9.  

They need to read Simmons post on Grantland today about the draft being such a crap shoot.