Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT SPECULATION/NEWS THREAD

608 posts in this topic

Multiple reports that Cleveland is trying to set up a last minute interview with Exum and he's now "in the conversation" for the #1 pick. How does Cleveland manage to butcher this process every year?

Didn't think it was worthy of its own thread, but the Knicks and Mavericks look set to make the following trade:

- Mavs send/Knicks receive: Jose Calderon (pg), Shane Larkin (pg), Wayne Ellington (sg), Samuel Dalembert ©, #34 and #51.

- Knicks send/Mavs receive: Raymond Felton (pg) and Tyson Chandler ©

Seems like the Mavs are giving up a lot in this deal. But it does give them an upgrade at center, and a serviceable starting PG/decent back up. Perhaps this is the first move for them to make a run at a 'star'?

1 person likes this

Multiple reports that Cleveland is trying to set up a last minute interview with Exum and he's now "in the conversation" for the #1 pick. How does Cleveland manage to butcher this process every year?

If they go for Exum it will be interesting to see who makes way for him. Can't see them wanting to get rid of Irving, but I suppose Waiters could drop to sixth man or Exum could do the role until he's ready to start.

Pretty much agree that the Cavs seem to be butchering the process again.

Make me think they are going to take the Magic's offer...

Well, I am not whining. It is a concern.

I just think people get their expectations out of whack when thinking about value at #9.

They need to read Simmons post on Grantland today about the draft being such a crap shoot.

I know your not whining. Wasn't pointed towards u. Just in general everybody is soooooo worried about his defense. How come nobodies worried about Jabari Parker's defense. Coach k would take him out of lineups in COLLEGE. Plenty of guys aren't great on defense but they still are very valuable players.

I know your not whining. Wasn't pointed towards u. Just in general everybody is soooooo worried about his defense. How come nobodies worried about Jabari Parker's defense. Coach k would take him out of lineups in COLLEGE. Plenty of guys aren't great on defense but they still are very valuable players.

agreed.  

You just answered your own question. Coach K knew Parker wasn't his best defensive option, yet Parker is a much better defender than McDermott. Also, though McDermott can shoot the ball, many including myself feel he cant shake defenders to get his shot off, and cannot create his own shot. Seriously, there are 20 players I would take ahead of him.

I'm just gonna say it again, don't be surprise if Kemba Walker is moved tomorw.

I find this interesting. What if Clifford gets his guy Jemeer Nelson from Orlando, then drafts a guy like Peyton or Ennis to learn from Nelson.

What kind of player or pick could we get for Kemba?

I've spent the past three days studying everything I can find on the internet about Doug McDermott. I've also spent the past day researching Mitch McGary. McGary makes 10 times more sense than drafting McDermott and I don't even want McGary at #24... I feel like this is all smokescreen. Happens every year.

I don't see how anyone in their right mind with any basketball sense whatsoever could think that drafting McDermott with the #9 pick is a good idea, but almost every moron host on Charlotte sports radio is all for it, so of course the analysts they bring on to reaffirm their position are also all for it. 

1 person likes this

You just answered your own question. Coach K knew Parker wasn't his best defensive option, yet Parker is a much better defender than McDermott. Also, though McDermott can shoot the ball, many including myself feel he cant shake defenders to get his shot off, and cannot create his own shot. Seriously, there are 20 players I would take ahead of him.

Parker is a terrible defender. I wouldn't say he's better defensively than McDermott. He's that bad. But it's ok for Parker to be that bad on defenses when he's that good but not McDermott. Just saying.

And good god yes he can create his own shot. All u had to do was watch him play in college. Did he break ankles and play in an and1 league..... No but he got his shot off and created his own show with great footwork post moves dirk like fadeaways and pull ups. Who cares if he's not gonna break ankles. Put the ball in the basket. And he did that. Using BB IQ ad talent and by creating his own shot.

Parker is a terrible defender. I wouldn't say he's better defensively than McDermott. He's that bad. But it's ok for Parker to be that bad on defenses when he's that good but not McDermott. Just saying.

You lose all credibility when you try to equate McDermott's talent and potential to Jabari Parker's.

I quit reading your post after that sentence. 

You lose all credibility when you try to equate McDermott's talent and potential to Jabari Parker's.

I quit reading your post after that sentence.

I didnt say compare his talent and potential to Parker. Do u even reading comprehension.

I said it's ok for Parker to be terrible on defense when he's good offensively but not McDermott. Try again tho