• Please log in to reply
607 replies to this topic

#136 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

A lot of mouthbreathers are gonna hate Embiid like the plague if he's the pick and he underachieves (which he will) as a rookie, if for no reason other than he's a big man and NBA big men don't blow the world away as rookies.

Cody Zeller: Most NBA-ready big man in the draft. Now most of you hate him 20 games into his career, because he's not yet 2010 Dwight Howard. It takes some time, and I've at least seen Zeller grow and not regress in the past few outings.

Biyombo has even gotten to where he deserves 5-6 minutes a game thanks to his rebounding.

I'm one of the guys who jumps to conclusions too soon. With that said I think biyombo should be given more reps. I know he's no al Jefferson. But at least he should be given 3-4 possessions a game where the dump it down to him and let him try to make something happen. That's the only way he's gonna get better and gain confidence offensively. U can't just tell him to rebound and play defense and set 50 picks a game. He needs to be involved, even if it's just slightly.

Zeller should be starting soon. On tired of seeing mcbob out there. He has no future on this team. He's a good role player and that's it. Clifford was right in not throwing zeller out there instantly. But it's time to seem him out there and what he can do with 25-30 minutes a game. ( if he can that long without foul trouble)

We have been very patient with biz. It's time to start using him offensive somewhat.

#137 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,536 posts
  • Location704

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

I'm one of the guys who jumps to conclusions too soon. With that said I think biyombo should be given more reps. I know he's no al Jefferson. But at least he should be given 3-4 possessions a game where the dump it down to him and let him try to make something happen. That's the only way he's gonna get better and gain confidence offensively. U can't just tell him to rebound and play defense and set 50 picks a game. He needs to be involved, even if it's just slightly.

Zeller should be starting soon. On tired of seeing mcbob out there. He has no future on this team. He's a good role player and that's it. Clifford was right in not throwing zeller out there instantly. But it's time to seem him out there and what he can do with 25-30 minutes a game. ( if he can that long without foul trouble)

We have been very patient with biz. It's time to start using him offensive somewhat.

You solved your own suggestion. Zeller doesn't play more and McRoberts takes a lot of his minutes because Zeller easily gets in foul trouble. Part of that is because he is a rookie and refs are gonna nitpick him, and part of it's because he gets beat off the dribble too often.

But damn, when Kemba gets him the ball in transition, the dude will scrape the sky when he dunks it.

#138 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,100 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

You solved your own suggestion. Zeller doesn't play more and McRoberts takes a lot of his minutes because Zeller easily gets in foul trouble. Part of that is because he is a rookie and refs are gonna nitpick him, and part of it's because he gets beat off the dribble too often.

But damn, when Kemba gets him the ball in transition, the dude will scrape the sky when he dunks it.

All zeller does well is run the floor

#139 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

All zeller does well is run the floor

He's played 21 games and not many minutes at all. How about u give people some time.

#140 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,100 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

He's played 21 games and not many minutes at all. How about u give people some time.

I hated that we picked him so im not giving him anything until he proves it to me

#141 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

I hated that we picked him so im not giving him anything until he proves it to me

I guess wiggins shouldn't be a top 5 pick this year then. He hasn't proven the hype of being one of the best prospects since lebron.

#142 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

yeah because all the elite teams like the Lakers, Spurs, Heat etc used the tanking method to build their championship teams.  There is no such thing as a sure bet with anyone that is drafted.  Tanking season after season to try and obtain the best college player is dumb.  Winning starts with a mindset, not the players.  You can win in this league with crappy players as long as you are getting the most out of those players and as long as those players have a winning mentality.  Free Agents did not want to play in charlotte because of the coaching staff.  Charlotte has one of the best staffs in the league now and which was a major contributor to why Al Jefferson signed here.  There will be other free agent signings come next year.  If charlotte wants Wiggens etc, the best way without sacrificing games would be to trade picks, and wouldnt you know it, charlotte has a stockpile of them over the next few years.

The Spurs drafted David Robinson and Tim Duncan whom were both no1 overall pick. After that, they struck gold with Parker, Manu, and recently Leonard. Dont forget to mention that they have the best HC in the game.

Tell me when was the last time the Lakers had to think about tanking. Thats a big market franchise who all they do is will draw big name free agents no matter what, year in and year out.

and dont even compare us to the Heat.

and this statement is ridiculous: "You can win in this league with crappy players as long as you are getting the most out of those players and as long as those players have a winning mentality." You sure can every now and then pull an upset over the Miami Heat with crappy players, but you sure wont get the no8 seed with crappy players.

#143 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,100 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

I guess wiggins shouldn't be a top 5 pick this year then. He hasn't proven the hype of being one of the best prospects since lebron.

his college performance wont affect his stock he's already shown his worth he is focusing in the weight room and on individual school not trying to impress people, because he's already done that

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#144 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

his college performance wont affect his stock he's already shown his worth he is focusing in the weight room and on individual school not trying to impress people, because he's already done that

Everybody impresses in high school. College and even nba are a whole new ball game. That's why it takes time for guys to adjust and get comfortable.

#145 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,100 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

Everybody impresses in high school. College and even nba are a whole new ball game. That's why it takes time for guys to adjust and get comfortable.

boTtom Line he'll go number 1-2 based on pure athleTiCism and potential

#146 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

boTtom Line he'll go number 1-2 based on pure athleTiCism and potential

Bottom line is that it's gonna take time for him to reach his potential at any level... Just like zeller.

#147 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

I'm starting to feel more love for Dante Exum. The kid looks like a baller and I think it's a superstar in the making. Both Smart and Exum are neck and neck as the top PG in next year draft.

One thing I didnt know until now is that Dante Exum's parents are both Americans. Dante's father is Cecil Exum who played along Michael Jordan on the 1982 Championship team for UNC. Cecil moved to Australia to play for the NBL.

#148 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,100 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

Bottom line is that it's gonna take time for him to reach his potential at any level... Just like zeller.

Zeller isnt in the samw conversation as wiggins. Wiggins will be waay better as a rookie than Zeller is

#149 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

Zeller isnt in the samw conversation as wiggins. Wiggins will be waay better as a rookie than Zeller is

We'll considering he's hyped up the be the best draft pick since lebron and the fact that he will be starting he better be. Zeller was the 4th pick in a terrible draft. Wiggins could be the 1st pick in a loaded draft. But don't act like it won't take time for him to adjust Bc it will.

#150 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,100 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

I'm starting to feel more love for Dante Exum. The kid looks like a baller and I think it's a superstar in the making. Both Smart and Exum are neck and neck as the top PG in next year draft.

One thing I didnt know until now is that Dante Exum's parents are both Americans. Dante's father is Cecil Exum who played along Michael Jordan on the 1982 Championship team for UNC. Cecil moved to Australia to play for the NBL.

havent really wAtched exum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users