• Please log in to reply
607 replies to this topic

#121 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

Joel Embiid is playing himself into the number 1 pick. I've been saying it since the beginning, this guy does things that you don't see 5+ year vets do, let alone college freshman with 2 years of basketball experience.

#122 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

Joel Embiid is playing himself into the number 1 pick. I've been saying it since the beginning, this guy does things that you don't see 5+ year vets do, let alone college freshman with 2 years of basketball experience.

I don't think he jumps Randle, Wiggins or Parker. Embiid is likely going to go in the 5-10 range, which could be good for Charlotte if they think he's a fit for the team.   

#123 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

I don't think he jumps Randle, Wiggins or Parker. Embiid is likely going to go in the 5-10 range, which could be good for Charlotte if they think he's a fit for the team.   

I've watched every game of all three prospects you mentioned, along with Marcus Smart. Both Randle and Parker are liabilities on defense. And Randle has questions whether his game will transition to the NBA. He won't be able to bully PF's every night like he does in college.

Wiggins has shown very good defense and solid skills in the fastbreak, but really struggles with everything else. His athleticism and hype are the only thing carrying him right now.

Embiid is the complete package. He is a rim protector, a great passer, and has great post moves with a tremendous touch around the rim. He gets compared to Hakeem a LOT, and for good reason. Then when you consider that big men are more valuable, it's very possible that he takes the number 1 spot.

#124 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,834 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:53 PM

I haven't watched much of embiid but I guess I will now... btw I was dissapointed in mr. Wiggins team tonight in that loss

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#125 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

I haven't watched much of embiid but I guess I will now... btw I was dissapointed in mr. Wiggins team tonight in that loss

He's looked impressive in some of the games this season. He needs some work in the post, keep the ball high and be more aggressive on defense. He's already a good passer and great rebounder.  He's improved on a few weak area's already so far this season though and has tons of potential. My biggest draw back with him is he's not an explosive player athletically and it hurts his defensive ability as a shot blocker.  I just don't think he get's picked in the top 5 right now because of how raw he is. 

#126 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,834 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

He's looked impressive in some of the games this season. He needs some work in the post, keep the ball high and be more aggressive on defense. He's already a good passer and great rebounder. He's improved on a few weak area's already so far this season though and has tons of potential. My biggest draw back with him is he's not an explosive player athletically and it hurts his defensive ability as a shot blocker. I just don't think he get's picked in the top 5 right now because of how raw he is.

so basically he's similar to andre drummond? Raw but talented

#127 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

so basically he's similar to andre drummond? Raw but talented

Yep, Raw but very talented. He's only played two years of organized basketball so it's really amazing how polished he is already. If he hits his full potential he'd probably be the best C in the NBA or damn close to it. 

#128 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,989 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

Yep, Raw but very talented. He's only played two years of organized basketball so it's really amazing how polished he is already. If he hits his full potential he'd probably be the best C in the NBA or damn close to it.

I pretty much heard this word-for-word about Bismack Biyombo in 2011. That worked out well.

#129 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:01 AM

I pretty much heard this word-for-word about Bismack Biyombo in 2011. That worked out well.

Nah, completely different for Embiid. He's much more polished, he's smooth with the ball, has good touch on his shot and actually has good hands catching the ball. Has 3pt range as well. Also doesn't hurt that he's 7-0 tall either. 

#130 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

Embiid is not even close to as raw as Biyombo right now. Defensively, I think he will be similar to a Roy Hibbert. He is slow-footed like Hibbert, but has insane length that allows him to alter and block shots.

Offensively, his post game would be top 10 or 15 in the NBA RIGHT NOW. He has tremendous touch around the rim, uses a variety of spin moves, and I have yet to see him miss on his hook and jump-hook shots. He plays so composed and under control. I honestly believe that two years learning under Al Jefferson would make him the best post scorer in the league.

#131 Third Degree

Third Degree

• HUDDLER
  • 4,989 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

But Embiid sounds like another Al Jefferson. If we are bad enough to pick that high, shouldn't we address the positions that cause us to be bad?

#132 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,834 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

But Embiid sounds like another Al Jefferson. If we are bad enough to pick that high, shouldn't we address the positions that cause us to be bad?

yeah But someTimes you Just can't Pass on someone

#133 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,834 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

Who says he or Al cant play PF? we could have twin towers

#134 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,834 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Embiid is not even close to as raw as Biyombo right now. Defensively, I think he will be similar to a Roy Hibbert. He is slow-footed like Hibbert, but has insane length that allows him to alter and block shots.

Offensively, his post game would be top 10 or 15 in the NBA RIGHT NOW. He has tremendous touch around the rim, uses a variety of spin moves, and I have yet to see him miss on his hook and jump-hook shots. He plays so composed and under control. I honestly believe that two years learning under Al Jefferson would make him the best post scorer in the league.

Is that counting PF position if so I doubt he'd be top 15 post game of all PF and C combined

#135 Third Degree

Third Degree

• HUDDLER
  • 4,989 posts
  • Location704

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

A lot of mouthbreathers are gonna hate Embiid like the plague if he's the pick and he underachieves (which he will) as a rookie, if for no reason other than he's a big man and NBA big men don't blow the world away as rookies.

Cody Zeller: Most NBA-ready big man in the draft. Now most of you hate him 20 games into his career, because he's not yet 2010 Dwight Howard. It takes some time, and I've at least seen Zeller grow and not regress in the past few outings.

Biyombo has even gotten to where he deserves 5-6 minutes a game thanks to his rebounding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users