- - - - -

The Talented Mr Kuechly

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

It's nice that this year it's a pick your poison situation. Double team the line and have Kuech knife in or send your blockers to the second level and have Star stuff it at the line.

#12 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

A bunch of three and outs on defense don't provide a whole lot of tackling opportunities but they do provide a bunch of wins.

bingo.

high tackle numbers are often characteristic of a terrible defense because they're constantly allowing third down conversions and getting more opportunities to rack up stats. in our case you've got the defensive line making a ridiculous amount of tackles to begin with as well as the low number of snaps allowed limiting chances for guys like luke to get in on stops.

i love it

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

i've commented before that it's not that great of a thing to have your LBs leading the league in tackles.

sure, it shows that they are talented and capable, but it also shows that they have plenty of opportunities...which isn't really a good thing.

if the guys in front are doing their job the right way, it should cut down on the amount of tackles the LB has to make because those trench guys are stopping things from happening out front.

if the defense as a whole is getting off the field quickly, it will cut down on the amount of tackles the LBs have to make.

if the offense is able to sustain drives and stay on the field, it will cut down on the amount of tackles the LBs have to make.

all the parts are working the right way right now and everyone is doing their jobs correctly.  it's making less work for keek and davis and that is a good thing. screw # of tackles. just get the D off the field and keep the offense on. the best defense is an offense that keeps the defense off the field and a defense that doesn't stay on the field for long when it gets on the field cause they forced a three and out or a turnover quickly.

#14 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

I would love to see TD get some credit. Aside from forcing turnovers and racking up tackles, he has made several pass defensed plays.

#15 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationThe Moon
SUPPORTER

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

A list of accolades that Luke has racked up so far (it's kind of ridiculous lol):

6U8dmrt.png

Dude is only 22.

#16 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationMaryland
HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

bingo.

high tackle numbers are often characteristic of a terrible defense because they're constantly allowing third down conversions and getting more opportunities to rack up stats. in our case you've got the defensive line making a ridiculous amount of tackles to begin with as well as the low number of snaps allowed limiting chances for guys like luke to get in on stops.

i love it

Seems like our fan base is playing both sides though. We will throw out the "lead the league in tackles as a rookie" and now we are staying high tackle numbers are inflated due to poor defense. Just an observation from this board

#17 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Seems like our fan base is playing both sides though. We will throw out the "lead the league in tackles as a rookie" and now we are staying high tackle numbers are inflated due to poor defense. Just an observation from this board

we are perfect and everyone else is a stupid head

#18 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationThe Moon
SUPPORTER

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'm not gonna comment on Alonso etc. just because of that and since I don't watch him every week it'd be kind of unfair.  I was gonna say something about the way we did the same thing when Luke was a rookie though... I think most of us did that because of all the "Luke is overrated, he only piles in on tackles 8 yards downfield" bullcrap his detractors said.  It was kind of a thing to help validate him (mostly because he went wild after we let him loose on the starting spot) because he was playing lights out and all over the field.

Tackles can be misleading sometimes, but you could tell Luke was special just by watching him.  He was one of those instances where it WASN'T a misleading statistic in the slightest.

#19 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

bingo.

i love it

Case in point...Pat Angerer (spelling?) leading the league in tackles the year Indy won 1 game. No one ever tried to make the argument he was anywhere near the league's best LB, he just had a gazillion opportunities.

#20 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationThe Moon
SUPPORTER

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Case in point...Pat Angerer (spelling?) leading the league in tackles the year Indy won 1 game. No one ever tried to make the argument he was anywhere near the league's best LB, he just had a gazillion opportunities.

And James Anderson that same year... he was near the top of the list that year solely because our defense was so fuging pathetic.

Lol, that was only two years ago... what a turnaround.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users