#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

From his Facebook...

The Patriots drafted laurence maroney over me in the 2006 draft (they said i could be a good 3rd down back lol) which still motivates me today...especially this week

Here is the audio from the interview...

http://www.5hourener...ter/default.asp

#2 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,902 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

Would be nice to see him and JStew have a replay of that Monday night performance against TB.

#3 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,515 posts
  • LocationNC

If the pats would have drafted him in 06, he'd probably have been on 3-4 teams by now.

#4 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,317 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

The great ones almost always have a chip on their shoulder.

#5 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

poor poor unappreciated first round pick

#6 PantherBoy95

PantherBoy95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

I admit I wanted Mauroney at first as well due to all of the pre-draft grades. Thank God I'm not the GM. I love D-Will.

#7 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,696 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

poor poor unappreciated first round pick

weirdo

#8 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,637 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

I like that he is going around with a chip on their shoulder.  Smitty always find a reason to be extra motivated.  I hope Williams gets 100 yards this week and breaks a few big ones.  Might make New England rethink that press man coverage every pat fan is talking about. And if you don't know why some big runs will make their secondary change from press man to zone, don't respond....

#9 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

weirdo

I just think the overlooked in the draft angle is overplayed. If you drop to the bottom rounds or out of the draft it makes sense. Maybe it's just standard answer material for media.

#10 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

I just think the overlooked in the draft angle is overplayed. If you drop to the bottom rounds or out of the draft it makes sense. Maybe it's just standard answer material for media.

I don't care what the motivation is.  If he puts up 100+ yard performance with 2 or more TDs while contributing to a win, I'm all for it.

#11 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

New England rush Defense isn't great so I am expecting a big game out of our backs. We will end up making them stack the box then we can throw in you play action. I like our chances monday. I should have requested to have tuesday off

#12 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

this.

between the lines...having a chip on your shoulder over a certain team not drafting you says you didn't like the team that ended up picking you. 

#13 CARuthless

CARuthless

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

weird since we dont even use him on 3rd down much.... Pats have always been a passing team anyways

#14 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,395 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

IMO, those mis-direction plays that DWill excels at work well against the Pats. They are a smallish fastish D. Get them flowing one way and run the other way.

Keep pounding the rock, move the ball, score some points, and send the Pats home with their tails between their legs. Spank and vanquish yet another foe.

#15 Servant of Cthululelei

Servant of Cthululelei

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationApex, NC

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

this.

between the lines...having a chip on your shoulder over a certain team not drafting you says you didn't like the team that ended up picking you. 

Not at all.  That's a butthurt fan's view of the situation.

The draft process is really intensive.  Seeing as DeAngelo talked about what the Patriots said to him, that means that he probably interviewed with them.  They probably worked him out too.  Basically, they showed lots of interest in him, but all of their evaluations resulted in them selecting a different guy at the same position.

The ONLY way that DeAngelo can view that is that the Patriots didn't think he was as good as Maroney.  It's not like he's haunted by their decision and he's bitter about it to this day or anything, but I totally understand if he'd feel a bit of extra satisfaction by having a big game against them.  If you were in his shoes, wouldn't you want to make Bellichek kick himself after the game for drafting some loser over you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com