Photo
- - - - -

So the early signing period started yesterday...

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Guess Roy is gonna need to start embracing this one and done recruiting strategy or he is gonna fall behind. Maybe the college basketball landscape is changing.

#32 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:30 PM

Guess Roy is gonna need to start embracing this one and done recruiting strategy or he is gonna fall behind. Maybe the college basketball landscape is changing.

He's got a top 3 class and there's a good chance he lands at least 1 more.

#33 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

Konchalski also believes the dynamic duo can have a “collateral effect” on Duke freshman starJabari Parker, projected to be a top-5 pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.

“If they go to Duke, I think the chances of Jabari coming back for another year to play with his former AAU teammate and friend, Jahlil Okafor, those chances increase exponentially,” he said.

Who knows?

Who in the hell is Konchaiski? Another one of your Twitter insiders.... Dang dude, Parker would be the top pick if the NBA draft was held today. You think he would stick around and risk millions for the "Locket of Love"?

#34 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

Who in the hell is Konchaiski? Another one of your Twitter insiders.... Dang dude, Parker would be the top pick if the NBA draft was held today. You think he would stick around and risk millions for the "Locket of Love"?

Maybe if Duke could get a Fats Thomas to give their lottery picks the NBA lifestyle all while still getting the college experience. Maybe unc is really on to something.

#35 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

Maybe if Duke could get a Fats Thomas to give their lottery picks the NBA lifestyle all while still getting the college experience. Maybe unc is really on to something.

Hey I'm on your side! I support same sex marriage.

#36 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

He's got a top 3 class and there's a good chance he lands at least 1 more.

if we can land stephen zimmerman for 2015 to come in and play with berry jackson and whichever older guys we have left from this team then we will be on to something

#37 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Big get for Duke but the okafor kid just committed career suicide. Talented big man at duke,  hope he likes setting screens. Wojo should do wonders for his game.

#38 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,297 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

Big get for Duke but the okafor kid just committed career suicide. Talented big man at duke,  hope he likes setting screens. Wojo should do wonders for his game.

Gotta love this old argument.

You really think K was going to run his offense through Zoubek or Miles Plumlee the past few seasons? He runs the offense based on his best players. I don't know, maybe like he did last year for Mason who was an All-American. Duke has been guard orientated for years, maybe because their best players were guards? Shocking, to give the ball to the best players I know.

Okafor might be the most talented POST player he's landed since Elton Brand, who dominated at Duke and had the offense run through him. I'm guessing you'll try to point to guys like McRoberts (who wasn't bad) or whoever else as guys who set screens and were wasted, but they also weren't traditional post players. Again, shocking how McRoberts for instance doesn't constantly get fed in the post in the NBA. But hey, it's only K's system and not the players' skill sets, right?  Harping on some ignorant narrative about him setting screens is not only lazy, it's completely ignorant. 

#39 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

I didn't make this personal but I guess you had to  with the ignorant comment .

I'm saying there is a reason he hasn't landed any  real good big men since Brand ( which by the way was a loooonng time ago)

#40 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,297 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

I didn't make this personal but I guess you had to  with the ignorant comment .

I'm saying there is a reason he hasn't landed any  real good big men since Brand ( which by the way was a loooonng time ago)

He hasn't landed a real good big man since Brand you say. Well then, if he can't land them, again, why focus an offense on the Nick Horvath's of the world when you have JJ Redick or Nolan Smith on the roster? Doesn't make a lot of sense. K has shown that when he has a talented big man, he uses them and does so at All-American levels. Brand, Shelden, Mason for instance. 

Serious question then as well...what big men has UNC, or rather Roy, put in the league that are tearing it up? Bigs have thrived as college players for Roy, but it doesn't look like he develops them for the league. They simply thrive in his system. Or for that matter, ANY player. Since Roy has taken over in Chapel Hill...

Felton - Not exactly one of Roy's guys, and an average player at best.

Marvin Williams - Bust

Tyler H. - Solid role player

Danny Green - Good role player, in a perfect situation 

Brandan Wright - Bust turned decent role player

Ty Lawson - Good player, probably the best on the list, still not an All-Star

Ellington - Nothing

Ed Davis - Minimal role player

Zeller/Henson/Barnes/Bullock - Too soon to tell, but Barnes is a probable stud (though Roy arguably cost him draft position), and Henson has nice potential as well. 

Jobless lottery guys, May, McCants, Marshall off the top of my head. 

Maybe sometimes, it's not exactly all the coaches fault is my point. I'm guessing guys like Roy/K know more about their players' strengths and teams than fans do. Especially those harping on a narrative about Duke big men setting screens without considering the teams or players on them. Ignoring last year for instance, when Kelly set screens because he was a stretch 4 who could pick and pop off a screen for a 3. Or Mason who could run pick and rolls for alleys. Oh yeah, they were both pretty good. If a big is a back to the basket guy, he will be fed the ball like Brand was, like Shelden was. Someone thinking Jahlil Okafor, the projected #1 pick in 2015, is going to set screens and not get his at Duke, or any college program, is indeed, ignorant in that thought. 

#41 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,518 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

#42 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,518 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

Duke is going to be a scary team. Imagine Parker staying for one more year to play along with Okafor and Jones. TOO SCARY.

and I wouldnt doubt that. Many are calling Parker a one and done, but some are believing that he may just choose to stay. It would def make a lot of sense now with Parker knowing that two of the top 4 recruits in the Nation are coming next year. If Duke doesnt win the NC, Parker may just stay one more year and try to win it all with a scary Duke team in 2014-2015. Parker is also a very humble and smart kid who values education a lot.

#43 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

Duke is going to be a scary team. Imagine Parker staying for one more year to play along with Okafor and Jones. TOO SCARY.

and I wouldnt doubt that. Many are calling Parker a one and done, but some are believing that he may just choose to stay. It would def make a lot of sense now with Parker knowing that two of the top 4 recruits in the Nation are coming next year. If Duke doesnt win the NC, Parker may just stay one more year and try to win it all with a scary Duke team in 2014-2015. Parker is also a very humble and smart kid who values education a lot.

If Parker continues to play as he has thus far, then he's gone. He's Duke's primary scoring option this year, by staying an additional year would dilute his numbers. He's a great player and is gonna be a star in the NBA, why would he risk injury?

#44 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,297 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

If Parker continues to play as he has thus far, then he's gone. He's Duke's primary scoring option this year, by staying an additional year would dilute his numbers. He's a great player and is gonna be a star in the NBA, why would he risk injury?

Exactly.

If there was ever a one and done type kid who stuck around 2-3 years, it would be Jabari. But he's a "fool" if he stays. 

#45 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,518 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

I get all that: money, injury, etc. But, if you have followed with Parker you know that the kid comes from a well respected family and values education highly. Parker will get his money and he know that. Education and a national title is something else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.