Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Much More Confident About NE Than SF

101 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Yeah that win you guys got when we lost our entire secondary still smarts....

That said the Panther defense has progressively gotten better... and if there was ever a year to play Brady with arguably the best defense in football this would be it...

We were playing our 4th CB, and our starting SS at the other CB.  Our SS was Leonhard, which meant our 4th S was now starting.

in other words:  CB's:  Gilmore out, McKelvin out, Brooks out.  S:  Byrd out, FS Aaron Williams to CB.  Jim Leonhard played SS which is normally Aaron Williams position, but with Byrd out it made more sense for this considering Leonhard joined the team a week earlier.

CB's were Aaron Williams, a 6th CB by default and Justin Brooks who was 5th.  S became Leonhard (3rd on depth) and Searcy (4th on depth).

We also had Robey get banged up in the game, and he was a package back.

Not trying rehash the game, but both side had horrible DB's that game.  I'd never seen anything like it - two teams starting entire units with backups because the starters were out.  If Keuchly hadn't held  Steve Johnson the Panthers would have won.

Posted · Report post

We’ve shown we can put up 30+ points fairly reliably. But the Pats just showed that this offense can be deadly if given the chance. Could the Panthers win by 10? Sure, I have no trouble seeing that kind of outcome. Could the Panthers lose by 10? Absolutely. Tom’s a smart enough quarterback to expose weaknesses in the secondary. While I’m over the moon for our defense, it’s not perfect. I really like Robert Lester- but at times he takes some really bad angles towards the ball carrier. Sometimes he tries an arm tackle against a HOF TE and gets torched. Sometimes Cap’n can’t keep up on a crossing route or sometimes he drops the easiest of INTs. Sometimes Kuechly is actually just out of position, or blocked straight out of a play.

So this could go either way for sure. All these things never really happen all at once. And they’re not all that common. Anytime Tom Brady is the opposing quarterback, though, I think you just throw the stats out the window and just say “This is going to be one heck of a game.

I personally like our chances. I think the defense will be ready. And our defense is good enough to give us a chance in ANY game. Our offense is also capable of grinding out long methodical drives. It’s also possible that the SF game was so emotional and intense that maybe we just come out flat after facing teams back to back coming off a bye. We’ll see on Monday. Can’t wait!

Posted · Report post

You guys should feel less confident.. for obvious reasons..

TOM BRADY > Colin Kaepernick, not even close

Stevan Ridley > Frank Gore right now

Brandon Bolden and LeGarrette Blount > LaMichael James, not even close

SHANE VEREEN > ?

ROB GRONKOWKSI > Vernon Davis

Danny Amendola > Mario Manningham

AARON DOBSON'S CEILING > Anquan Boldin's current

Kenbrell Thompkins > ???

Julian Edelman > ????

Just too many weapons, too much versatility, variety, flavor and explosiveness... and way more talent offensively

Deadly offense, more deadly then Denver.. as great as your defense is, the New England Offense is EVEN GREATER.. I assure you.

Posted · Report post

dood, no

Gronk is all time good. Amendola when healthy is better than now-Welker. Vereen is a freak in the flats and adds a whole dimension we haven't seen with Gronk. Dobson is physically elite and is coming around. Edelman, Ridley, have their moments. 

We have seen Gronk + Amendola back together for 1 game and they set a scoring record vs the Steelers. We haven't yet seen Gronk + Amendola + Vereen.

Gronk looks like he is already 30something years old on that field.

The Pats offense is incredible with talent and incredible with how they play that talent.  They tap every bit of it to put together the most dynamic unit in football.  If they can bulk up their OL and add just one WR in the offseason they'll get better.  But, that is a tall task for them because they suck at drafting and they never really pan out with their FA's.

C'mon man.  Get positive.  The Panthers are getting better, the Patriots are at the climax.  This game is big for ya'll.

Posted · Report post

It is not their offensive weapons that scare me (they are mediocre)....nor even Brady's execution (he is playing just OK this seasoN) that scares me.....it is Belichik having 2 weeks to put in a scheme to counter our pass rush. I still think we can get some pressure on Brady, but I do not expect to see a beat down like we gave Kaep.

I hate the guy...but he has a knack for coming up with something that works.

We must play disciplined defense....watch out for the screens and TE....and pound the rock on offense. If we do these things (and I think we will) I believe we will win.

Gronk, Amendola and Vereen are not mediocre.

Posted · Report post

We were playing our 4th CB, and our starting SS at the other CB.  Our SS was Leonhard, which meant our 4th S was now starting.

in other words:  CB's:  Gilmore out, McKelvin out, Brooks out.  S:  Byrd out, FS Aaron Williams to CB.  Jim Leonhard played SS which is normally Aaron Williams position, but with Byrd out it made more sense for this considering Leonhard joined the team a week earlier.

CB's were Aaron Williams, a 6th CB by default and Justin Brooks who was 5th.  S became Leonhard (3rd on depth) and Searcy (4th on depth).

We also had Robey get banged up in the game, and he was a package back.

Not trying rehash the game, but both side had horrible DB's that game.  I'd never seen anything like it - two teams starting entire units with backups because the starters were out.  If Keuchly hadn't held  Steve Johnson the Panthers would have won.

The difference is at least you guys had the extra bodies to put on the field we lost 5 members of our secondary in the first 3 quarters WHILE playing you...  Freaking Jon Beason was covering WR's one on one during your game winning drive... the game was over if he had been anywhere close on that 3rd down...

But I guess I should be happy not going for it and icing the game was what changed Riveras perspective... (Had we gone for it on 4th and 1 instead of opting for a FG I doubt you stop Cam)

Posted · Report post

You guys should feel less confident.. for obvious reasons..

TOM BRADY > Colin Kaepernick, not even close

Stevan Ridley > Frank Gore right now

Brandon Bolden and LeGarrette Blount > LaMichael James, not even close

SHANE VEREEN > ?

ROB GRONKOWKSI > Vernon Davis

Danny Amendola > Mario Manningham

AARON DOBSON'S CEILING > Anquan Boldin's current

Kenbrell Thompkins > ???

Julian Edelman > ????

Just too many weapons, too much versatility, variety, flavor and explosiveness... and way more talent offensively

Deadly offense, more deadly then Denver.. as great as your defense is, the New England Offense is EVEN GREATER.. I assure you.

Nice to compare the Patriots offense to the Niners....

Neglecting the Fact that we have shut down Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch Gronk is better than VD but VD had 1 catch for two yards...

Its really amusing that your trying to talk up the most mediocre group of weapons the pats have ever had...

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Gronk, Amendola and Vereen are not mediocre.

Amendola will be lucky to make it past the first quarter....

It's still no guarantee Vareen will play and even if he does it will be a limited capacity seeing how he hasn't played since week 1.

Posted · Report post

Is Gronk better than Gonzales? 

Posted · Report post

" Do not worry about sacking Brady, you can only do that in coverage sacks."  .......

i-call-bs01.png

Posted · Report post

Two completly different monsters.

Its like the offensive and defensive powers switched.

Equally as nervous, but confident that if we play to out potential like we have, we will come out on top.

I want Cam to a have 3+ TD game

Posted · Report post

I think we match up very well. We can get pressure with 4 guys, which is the recipe to beating Brady. Plus their D doesn't scare me. This will either be a blowout by us or a very close game that goes either way. They will not blow us out.