I think he did against San Francisco and barring a Williams fumble probably would have against Seattle (if you can use probability to validate you sky falling stance, so will I). Rivera gas also coached differently since the giants game so I'm a little more optimistic in regards to his future here. This patriots team isn't the Patriots of old. We might not win, but a crushing defeat isn't likely. The only reason I could see anyone suggesting such lunacy is either they are a Patriots fan posing as a Panthers fan, they have no fundamental knowledge about football, or they spend a lot of time cutting themselves to bullet for my valentine. And come on now, my trash talk is at least teen level.
Five reasons why the Panthers lost.
1) Greg Olsen had three 1st down drops two on 3rd down killing the drive.
2) Carolina had three 15 yard personal foul penalties and one re-kick which kept Seattle's offense on the field once and improved their field position from the 9 yard line to the 28 yard line on a kick off because Seattle elected for a re-kick rather than the penalty.
3) Rivera should have thrown the challenge flag on DeAngelo Williams first down run where he was at least a yard past the first down marker, but marked down short and the Panthers punt.
4) DeAngelo Williams fumble on the 5 yard line with 5:30 to play.
5) Panther's defense collapsed during the last 5 minutes and rather than tackle everyone tried to strip the ball. Seattle's yardage after catch or initial contact during this series was ridiculous.
Overall the Panther's coaches did a decent job, but it was obvious that Rivera can NOT finish a game. Panther's were leading in the 4th as usual and Rivera was out coached. The defense went soft and DeAngelo's fumble killed the Panthers, but the three 1st down drops by Olsen during the 1st half cost the Panther's points. Every first down matters and Rivera should have challenged the DeAngelo 1st down run in the first half as well.
When you watch a great coach like Belichick you see a coach that does not allow opportunities slip away and it doesn't start in the 4th quarter, it starts on Monday when he is watching game film and preparing. Rivera is unprepared and it shows.
Everyone should buy the NFL replay package for $29.99. HD quality games as many times as you care to watch.