Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Contract Forecast: Cam Newton

50 posts in this topic

Posted

This is one of the main reasons why im glad Hurney is gone. 

1 person likes this

Posted

just shows that he is worth every penny he get

Posted

I read an article saying that people inside the league don't think post rookie cap players are going to get the mega deals that players of recent years have on their second contract.

I don't know what he's going to get. It should be a good bit. He' a QB and a great one. But based on that information I don't expect a massive deal like what Atlanta gave Ryan (which Ryan isnt worth to begin with)

The positive of the flip side, if we do set the precedent and give him an enormous contract, we can troll the rest of the league for decades hahahahahahaha.

Posted

They can give him a huge deal without a huge amount of guaranteed money and simply extend it every few years to gain cap space via restructuring with signing bonuses.

Posted

Sign him to a deal longer than 6 years so he doesn't come back and break our backs at that point or leave.... the window to compete will be as long as he's under contract more or less. Lets get him done for 8-10 years, give him a bit longer security in years for a break on the dollar amount

Posted

I can live with the contract they projected. Hopefully it's around that number.

Posted

Jerry sells the team to Cam and he plays for free. 

Posted

Nothing more tedious than thinking about contracts and salary caps in the middle of an enjoyable, promising season.

2 people like this

Posted

I read an article saying that people inside the league don't think post rookie cap players are going to get the mega deals that players of recent years have on their second contract.

I don't know what he's going to get. It should be a good bit. He' a QB and a great one. But based on that information I don't expect a massive deal like what Atlanta gave Ryan (which Ryan isnt worth to begin with)

The positive of the flip side, if we do set the precedent and give him an enormous contract, we can troll the rest of the league for decades hahahahahahaha.

It will certainly be interesting. And this point is one of the reasons I think we should extend Cam this off season and not give Luck, RG3, and Wilson the opportunity to set the market and blow it out of the water.

Posted

6 for $90M has been my guess

Posted

$17m per year is fine by me. i think he'll outplay that figure by a wide margin by the time it's all said and done with

Posted

He'll get over $100M.            Wins are a team effort.     

Ryan used to win and got a $100M contract because of it,  despite the fact that his individual stats,  were average in all but one,  maybe two of his years in the league. 

Cam has been an ongoing blockbuster event...  win or lose,  he will still put up career numbers that,  barring injury,  will make people start debating,  8+ years from now if he's HOF worthy.