Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Contract Forecast: Cam Newton

50 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Pay him. I know our defense is good enough to win us a good number of games but I can't deal with a Foxy 2.0 team. Run run run punt. Rinse. Repeat.

Posted · Report post

Trade him for the Browns two first round picks.

Posted · Report post

6 for $90M has been my guess

This is not a safe bet.

Posted · Report post

Why? Caps have increased since the new CBA went into effect. In the next 2 years the cap shoots up and each team has to spend that amount at some point.

If Cam continues to play at a high level, the market will call for 22M+/yr.

The question is - will Cam pull a Manning or a Brady? Manning always took the max. Brady was always willing to take less than the max. 

I read an article saying that people inside the league don't think post rookie cap players are going to get the mega deals that players of recent years have on their second contract.

I don't know what he's going to get. It should be a good bit. He' a QB and a great one. But based on that information I don't expect a massive deal like what Atlanta gave Ryan (which Ryan isnt worth to begin with)

The positive of the flip side, if we do set the precedent and give him an enormous contract, we can troll the rest of the league for decades hahahahahahaha.

Posted · Report post

I don't know. I would probably value him around 16 a year. I don't expect a hometown discount either. Cam could command a big number on the open market and end up playing in a city with better endorsement money. Cam is a running QB. One of his idols...Michael Vick has signed 2 $100m contracts and failed to finish either of them. If he takes a hit to the knee and never learns to play from the pocket his earning power could drop next contract cycle.

Posted · Report post

Dudes a franchise qb. You keep him.

Posted · Report post

Jordan needs to sit him down and explain how to win championships.

100% he gets over 100M, and he's worth every penny.  I just hope he leaves room for top tier talent around him.

Posted · Report post

The NFL has 32 teams only 14 have franchise qbs and that's debatable. .Cams going to get paid by us or some other team and he will be the highest paid player in the league.

bet on it.

Posted · Report post

Cam gonna get paid big money. I just hope he doesn't pull a Flacco. We need to resign a couple guys on the defensive side too.

Posted · Report post

Why? Caps have increased since the new CBA went into effect. In the next 2 years the cap shoots up and each team has to spend that amount at some point.

If Cam continues to play at a high level, the market will call for 22M+/yr.

The question is - will Cam pull a Manning or a Brady? Manning always took the max. Brady was always willing to take less than the max. 

Because to think that a player can feasibly demand a 120 million dollar pay increase is absurd. No level of play can warrant that. But hey, don't take my word for it, it's just the guys in the league saying it.

If this team gives him 22mil or more lol than hahaha at us we're morons.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

My question is does Gettleman want Cam after 2014? We know he prefers pocket passers, so maybe we let Cam go and find someone else? Probably not, but it's worth thinking about...

Posted · Report post

nfl_r_ron-rivera_mb_300x300.jpg  River Boat Ron and Cam may be together for a long time. Could be a long term winning duo..