Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Contract Forecast: Cam Newton

50 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I don't even want to think about anything other than winning.

Call it tunnel vision, I don't care. It feel like its been a lifetime since were were in this position with an awesome prime time game in a few days. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this and not think about potential bad situations. I've had enough Panther hardships over the past few years, I'm not going to contemplate losing Cam

I trust in Gettleman. I believe at the end of the day, we will be a consistent contender with or without my favorite players. That's all that matters to me and all I can do as a fan.

..back to my Madden 25 Panther marathon

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Would like to see us offer Cam an 8-10 year contract for 120 million this offseason so we can be put at ease on that front and just start to build around the core and depth.... with the franchise QB in place we have a decade window to try and win a title or two. Your window mostly stays open as long as that guy and the coach are in place. I think Cam is one half of that puzzle.

Posted · Report post

My question is does Gettleman want Cam after 2014? We know he prefers pocket passers, so maybe we let Cam go and find someone else? Probably not, but it's worth thinking about...

Dear god, no it is not

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

My question is does Gettleman want Cam after 2014? We know he prefers pocket passers, so maybe we let Cam go and find someone else? Probably not, but it's worth thinking about...

Dear god, NO it is not

Posted · Report post

They're gonna pay Cam, and rightly so. He deserves it, and we can do a lot here. He won't ask for absurd money, considering the endorsements he can get anyway.. clothing line, etc.

Posted · Report post

6 year  125M

Posted · Report post

crazy how writers think they can create the market value

Posted · Report post

I do think Cam is going to want paid mightily and anyone saying he won't break our backs with what he wants money wise might be being favorably naive. I think he's going to want paid like the top talent in the game..... and I think JR will do it. Yes, I think Newton will for a time be the highest paid QB in the league, until the Redskins one up us with their guy bc zommmmg Daniel Snyder thinks he has his own superstar in that whine bag out of Baylor.

Posted · Report post

Cam will get around 16 million I'm guessing...He wants to win and I think it was good it took him two years to start winning....watching other players around him restructure their contracts for the benefit of the Team....He does not like to lose and does not want to break the bank to just get paid and keep losing...he wants a superbowl, wants to be an MVP....wants to be mentioned as one of the greats....not oh man he could of been one of the greats if he had more talent around him.....He'll keep it reasonable and I'm sure The GMan will discuss this at length with him.....him and MJ are buddies and MJ did the same type of thing at times, if he wants to create a legacy he will keep a level head and make sure they get some more pieces around him to get him to the promised land....KEEP POUNDING!!!!!  

Posted · Report post

If Carolina doesn't make the playoffs $16 mil per season

If Carolina makes gets bounced first round $17-18 mil

If Carolina wins NFC Championship 20 mil

If Carolina wins the whole freaking thing $22 mil per for 6 or 7 years

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

DG did good with Eli he should do the same with Can. We do have some leverage because we can franchise him multiple times.

Posted · Report post

Who is Cam's agent?