Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stankowalski

UNC playing like crap against Belmont

24 posts in this topic

Glad I had other things going on today and missed the game.  After Friday night's performance I honestly thought this game was 50/50.  Belmont is always pretty good.

Roy was once again out coached whats new. He had his team playing help defense on Belmont's inside guys when Belmont guys clearly only wanted to shoot 3s. Should of taken a TO at the last 19 sec. U let JP get the last shot even of he got fouled with how he was shooting that would've sucked to. Team sucks at switching or fighting through screens. We had a clear advantage inthe middle yet we failed to go inside really the whole game. I live in TX & just how Mack Brown wore out his welcome at TX & Andy Reid at Philly it's time for Roy to hit the rode. Roy seems like a great guy & wonderful mentor. Just not a very good coach. Shaka Smart all the way!

I came in like a wrecking balllll. Bwhahahaha

This happens almost every other year, we suck against these shitty as nobody schools and we turn up the heat in the second half of the schedule.

UNC without Hairston is like the Heat without Lebron.

Shaka Smart all the way!

That would be horrendous for the ACC.  Those talented UNC teams that actually have a good coach, combined with the shoddy academic requirements for Student-Athletes at UNC, and the look the other way mentality of the police in Durham, Wake, and Orange county would be impossible to beat.  

A true champion can adapt to anything. Roy is not a true champion.

I remember when people wanted to can Coach K around 2007-08...fun times.

Seriously though, as a total package, Roy is still a Top 10 coach. Who is going to leave their current job that would be an upgrade? A lesser known guy like Shaka and that's about it. Self ain't coming, Izzo ain't coming, Calipari ain't coming, and Stevens isn't leaving the Celtics right now. People wanting to get rid of Roy need to take a step back and breathe. 

2 people like this

Roy is a top five recruiter. He isn't a top five coach when it comes to X and Os and having players prepared to play.

And he could at least pretend to give a poo about defense every once in a while.