#16 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

Shaka Smart all the way!

That would be horrendous for the ACC.  Those talented UNC teams that actually have a good coach, combined with the shoddy academic requirements for Student-Athletes at UNC, and the look the other way mentality of the police in Durham, Wake, and Orange county would be impossible to beat.  

#17 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationYadkinville

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

A true champion can adapt to anything. Roy is not a true champion.

#18 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,159 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

I remember when people wanted to can Coach K around 2007-08...fun times.

Seriously though, as a total package, Roy is still a Top 10 coach. Who is going to leave their current job that would be an upgrade? A lesser known guy like Shaka and that's about it. Self ain't coming, Izzo ain't coming, Calipari ain't coming, and Stevens isn't leaving the Celtics right now. People wanting to get rid of Roy need to take a step back and breathe. 

#19 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

Roy is a top five recruiter. He isn't a top five coach when it comes to X and Os and having players prepared to play.

And he could at least pretend to give a poo about defense every once in a while.

#20 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

we suck again

#21 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

I remember when people wanted to can Coach K around 2007-08...fun times.

Seriously though, as a total package, Roy is still a Top 10 coach. Who is going to leave their current job that would be an upgrade? A lesser known guy like Shaka and that's about it. Self ain't coming, Izzo ain't coming, Calipari ain't coming, and Stevens isn't leaving the Celtics right now. People wanting to get rid of Roy need to take a step back and breathe. 

wish I could give more than 1 pie for this

#22 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

Although I agree Roy should've called a TO after Belmont went ahead, it's crazy to suggest he be fired. However this offseason seems to be taking a toll on his health.

The issues surrounding PJ and LMAC are increasingly becoming a detriment to the team. Both are getting reps in practice as starters, then on game day you ask Paige to move to 2 guard and a Freshman in Britt to run the point.

At some point Roy has to make a choice for the better of the team and go with who he has that's eligible to play. I know I'm tired of hearing about it and I'm sure their team mates are sick of answering questions surrounding the actions of 2 senior "leaders".

#23 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

LOL at the Hairston/LeBron comparison. C'mon dude. 

My disdain for PJ grows by the day - especially after last night. If all the rumors end up being true; he has cost a season, and we're going to have to put up with the Carolina haters until Jan/Feb. Hopefully the Panthers can keep it up this year. 

#24 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

This is coming from a Duke fan but Roy Williams didn't lose this game. It was the horrendous free throw shooting that lost the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com