Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A lil disappointing to see how well Patriots moved ball.

86 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Great win and we played well, but would have liked our big time D do just a lil bit. They really seemed to run the ball well against us and passed pretty efficiently.

That said they are still a top O and we held them to 20 so it's good. I think this was a good game for us to experience before New Orleans, cause you know they'll air it out.

A win is always welcomed.

Thoughts about our defense tonight?

Posted · Report post

Our secondary just isn't that great. We play very soft coverage because of the lack of talent.

I was disappointed in the tackling in the 2nd half by our front 7 though. They can do much better than that.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

It was expected.  Stopped when it was needed to be stopped.

Posted · Report post

played one of the greatest qbs ever forced 2 turnovers and our stud DE was out for a lot of it. I'd say the D played good

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Losing CJ was huge in the second half, and making half of those missed tackles changes the complexion of that NE offense.

Posted · Report post

You kidding me?

Tom Brady.

20 points.

An interception.

3 points in a half.

Sorry, but you can't expect to do much better than that... Sure, other teams have once in a while, but this is TOM FUCKING BRADY in primetime... dude is money

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Them being able to run it so effectively is bothersome. But if you had told me at the beginning we would hold Brady and company to 20 points, I would be thrilled. And since we won, I am thrilled. :)
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Glad to see you can't take a win..

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'm gonna be honest, I was a little disappointed too. Our D did a great job of making sure they didn't have big plays, but we missed alot of tackles, and for the most part, couldn't stop their short/intermediate passing game and run game......

however, we still got the win, and that's the biggest thing

Posted · Report post

The tackling was subpar compared to what the D is capable of...especially in the secondary. Led to a lot of big gainers.

But to limit the best QB in the game to 20 points after they put up 50+ points in their last game, you have to adjust your expectations.

Posted · Report post

The Patriots had a good game plan that involved getting the ball out quick, limiting our sack opportunities.

I was a bit disappointed in how well they were able to run the ball on us.

Posted · Report post

I was extremely frustrated when we couldn't force an incompletion and even pats runs that had no holes would go for 5 yards because of the no tackling

But they came through in the end, wouldn't have happened in 2011 or 12.