Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A lil disappointing to see how well Patriots moved ball.

86 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm a little disappointed to see BigBoss is still making threads

I tried to make a thoughtful thread to look at some positives and some negatives because I thought was worthwhile discussion. Not sure why that comment was needed :/.

I agree with the comment that they did have two weeks to get ready for us and we still won, so that is an added bonus.

Posted · Report post

we beat the patriots.....after a bye....in the second half of the season....on MNF.....

sorry....we let the pats run on us? who cares? we won!

we went up probably THE toughest team in the league to beat in this situation...the toughest in that situation for the last decade.

we did what we needed to win.

you go ahead and nitpick on the win if you want. you went in thinking that we were going to lose and looked like you were giving up after the first series. quit looking for the downside of things and just enjoy the win.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It was expected.  Stopped when it was needed to be stopped.

This.

Teams like New Orleans and the Patriots are going to move the ball against everyone. But what is important is that we kept them at a manageable pace and put ourselves in position to win the game. 

I think a favorite quote of mine comes into play here(from Belichick ironically). "Stats are for losers".

We gave up some yards, we gave up some points, we probably are not 'statistically' the #1 defense right now, but we got the W and that is what matters.

Posted · Report post

I am not saying that we let them move the ball.  But I think we were conceding the underneath stuff.  Trying to put them in third down situations and try to get stops, or drive the length of the field without making a mistake, and then trying to clamp down in the red zone.

I think that was the game plan.  Obviously we didn't do as good of a job of that as we wanted, but fug it we won

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Rough night for White, but he's a rook.

Posted · Report post

We held the Pats to 20 effing points! We won. Close thread.

Posted · Report post

The Steelers just gave up 55 and over 600 yards to them.  It could be a lot worse.

Posted · Report post

I I think White did well  for the position he was in. It could have been a lot worse, giving up TDs like Thomas. He scrapped all the way to the end, Pats are annoying with that dink and donk game its hard to stop.  I dont think they had a receiver over 50 yards.

Posted · Report post

I have to rewatch the whole game, I only seen about 8 mins of the 4th. I thought and still think our corners is well for the system we run. I think they do their job

I think 20 points is enough. We gave up about a TD more than what we were already giving up. So I take it. Absolutely

Posted · Report post

GET THE FUUUUUUG OUT!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Secondary definetly still has some area to improve. White was abused tonight. I think they'll tighten up and it's good to know this team hasn't peaked yet. That's a sign of a great football team right there. Take down two of the league's better teams nd still have areas you gotta work on.

The tackling was awful tonight.

Posted · Report post

I was hoping to see Brady get his bell rung plenty of times tonight.  Didn't happen. 

Captain personally had his chance with an int to get the dbs some front seven-like recognition.   Didn't happen. 

Panthers still came away victorious.  I'm thrilled.  So,on to the next game.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments